The Mike Leach Fan club

Advertisement
I didn't read this whole thread but is this the guy that spent all Fathers Day on twitter defending some crackpot Obama conspiracy theory?

Mike Leach-- he put the con in piracy.

Advertisement
Alexander Hamiilton did give a similar speech in the Constitutional Convention concerning people not “well born”. He was a monarchist and no hero of the common man. I have no idea what speech then President Obama gave but those thoughts are consistent with standard leftist beliefs concerning authoritative all powerful government of the elite so they are not out of the question.

None of this has anything to do with Leach’s coaching. That sucks all on its own without regard to politics.

This clown wading into politics like a bumbling idiot is quintessential Mike Leach. He should realize that Pete Carroll actually had to win some **** before anyone gave his faux-quirky *** a pass for doing the same.

His offense with South Florida players? We would have been scoring 45 on everybody we played the year after Coker was fired.
He would have needed to hire a Zook type recruiter though to win a championship. We would have won 10+ every year, but I'm not sure how often we get over that final hump with him.

Last edited:
Alexander Hamiilton did give a similar speech in the Constitutional Convention concerning people not “well born”. He was a monarchist and no hero of the common man. I have no idea what speech then President Obama gave but those thoughts are consistent with standard leftist beliefs concerning authoritative all powerful government of the elite so they are not out of the question.

None of this has anything to do with Leach’s coaching. That sucks all on its own without regard to politics.

The transcript is in the article

"Those ideals have often been threatened by an older, more traditional view of power. This alternative vision argues that ordinary men and women are too small-minded to govern their own affairs, that order and progress can only come when individuals surrender their rights to an all-powerful sovereign."

Advertisement

#TRUF

Couldn’t care less how he leans politically, and being politically misinformed is not grounds for termination unlike what others, including Deadspin, would like to see happen.

Where he exhibits bad judgement is in thinking that constantly weighing in with strong political opinions at all, whether on the right or left, is a good idea for the head coach of a college football team. Newsflash: it’s a really bad idea

It has a tendency to alienate a significant number of people and takes the focus away from your primary responsibility. Yes, he has a constitutional right to express his opinion, and no one is denying that.

So, no thanks to him on two counts.

He has yet to prove he is more than a gimmick coach, who can build teams with exciting, dynamic, high-scoring offenses, but has yet to ever build a complete team that could even sniff anything close to even a conference title.

Secondly, for a dynamic offense, yet totally incomplete team, you get a total wildcard as the head coach, who at any moment could create a massive distraction with unorthodox behaviors or utterances.

He’s not worth the trouble.

Last edited:
The commons misconception is that with his offense, Miami would be lighting up the scoreboard every week. Yes, they'd score 40 against the Toledos and Virginias on the schedule but what evidence is there that Leach's offense has consistent success against actual good teams? There isn't much because it's a one dimensional gimmick that contenders don't fear. Friggin' No-D shut down Leach's offense at WSU.

The commons misconception is that with his offense, Miami would be lighting up the scoreboard every week. Yes, they'd score 40 against the Toledos and Virginias on the schedule but what evidence is there that Leach's offense has consistent success against actual good teams? There isn't much because it's a one dimensional gimmick that contenders don't fear. Friggin' No-D shut down Leach's offense at WSU.
Give me better athletes, and more of them, than my opponent and I'll look like Mike Martz against the lower half of the Pac12.

Advertisement

Well, he has 2/3 star wash state athletes. I'm sure he would do more than fine with 4/5 star Miami athletes.

Well, he has 2/3 star wash state athletes. I'm sure he would do more than fine with 4/5 star Miami athletes.

Real D coordinators still know how to counter him. Plus he's a nutjob. Best case, he says embarrassing things weekly but doesn't physically harm anyone.

Why are you so sure about that? He doesn't even attempt to put a complete team on the field, and that high-powered offense finds a way to get completely shut down multiple times a year.

Remember, the opponents we need to beat also have 4/5 star athletes and their coaching staffs only have to figure out how to beat one aspect of a Mike Leach team.

Advertisement
I'm not a Leach fan, but TT and WSU are not schools where you could build a championship team, I mean Nick Saban did coach at MSU and won what there?

I'm not a Leach fan, but TT and WSU are not schools where you could build a championship team, I mean Nick Saban did coach at MSU and won what there?
That's the point, if he was as good as some think, how come no other major program has hired him in his career?

And people that push that "he would've killed it with 4/5-star Miami athletes" narrative. The major flaw in this thinking is that he would never get them.

Leach has never consistently got 4/5-star skill athletes, anywhere he's went. Michael Crabtree is the only high ranked WR he's ever landed & that was only because Mack Brown wanted him to play DB in college.

The assumption he would land all these high rated athletes in Miami is based on nothing. When has he ever shown himself to be an elite recruiter?

Idk why our fans assume guys who can't recruit at small schools are going to all of the sudden learn how to recruit once they get to Miami. Recruiting doesn't get easier at Miami, it gets significantly harder & if you don't have a track record of doing it in the pass, you can guarantee it ain't going to happen here.

Advertisement
Back