Premium
[TWEET]919082046852493312[/TWEET]
34 point beat down, 7 turnovers, 5INT's & 9sacks
Only rushed for 23yds against Cal

[TWEET]924503207837032448[/TWEET]
Gave up 310yds rushing, with 6 turnovers 4INT's & 2Fum

[TWEET]934641302007832576[/TWEET]
Vs Washington gave up 328yds rushing, 4 turnovers 3INT's, 1Fum & 5 sacks
& If you watched this game, Wash dropped at least 4 additional INT's to the 3 they already had.

The Miami Mike Leach fans on here since the beginning of the season have touted him as some sort of genius Coach, saying nonsense like, "If we had Leach we would put 70-80 points on everybody" or "He would've been great at Miami, we missed out"

That's based on the myth he runs some type of prolific offense, well he doesn't. He runs a gimmick system that only works on teams that are caught sleeping & and it doesn't produce great players, only faux numbers.

They don't run the ball at all... This season Wash St has only rushed for 884yds as a team, Homer by himself has rushed for 861yds & that's without being the primary ball carrier for the first 4 games of the season.

Miami has struggled running the ball this year, even with our struggles we still rushed for 1,812yds on the season.

So, when people make the argument his Offense would've been great at Miami or that he would attract high caliber 4/5star athletes, that's not based in reality.

But hey, what matters most is that he says crazy **** in press conferences right? Who cares about winning games, just say some random **** to the media to distract fans from the fact your team be getting blown out like a JV squad.

38-37 for his career, 6-6 in Bowl games, only has one season with 10+ wins & never so much as sniffed a conference championship.

Advertisement
Advertisement
huge fan of him but not as much as a coach. belongs in a remote based school like in Lubbock, TX or Pullman, WA. Knoxville, TN is pretty remote.....

I mean if we're being completely fair there aren't many kids on WSU those three schools even wanted. Overall, what he's done there is pretty **** impressive (their DC is very good too).

Not a fan and wouldn't want him at Miami - I think he's a better fit at smaller schools.

He would never be a fit here. I don’t understand any of the faction that has wanted him

Advertisement
If you're a fan of him but not because of his Coaching you're proving my point.

He's not even overrated because in the 6 years he's been at Wash St there have been dozens of better jobs that have been available & no other programs ever even express interest in the guy, except as the 4th or 5th option.

He's an average Coach, there's nothing impressive about what he's done & there's no real reason why Canes fans should love him so much.

Which is why I made this thread lol. Like I said, his losses this season have all been blowouts, but it doesn't matter if his teams get demolished, as long as he says some stupid **** in press conferences his fans will ride with him.

The ability to even have that program in the mix every year should count for something. Bringing in recruiting classes ranked 10th in the Pac-12, finishing 2015 9-4, 2016 8-5, and potentially 10-3 this season is about the most you could ask for at Washington State. FYI: Miami was 6-7 in 2014, 8-5 in 2015, and 9-4 in 2016. Miami could potentially finish the season 10-3 as well.

If you're impressed with Richt & Co.'s ability to get the most out of True Freshmen and/or Golden left overs, then you have to at least acknowledge what Leach is able to do with considerably less.

Despite what some might think about the guy, I would be very interested to see what Leach could do with a bigger coaching staff budget, comparable facilities, and at least top 15 recruiting classes consistently.

Not particularly a Leach fan, but we did lose 24-14 yesterday and couldn't run the ball for anything.. Just saying

If you're a fan of him but not because of his Coaching you're proving my point.

He's not even overrated because in the 6 years he's been at Wash St there have been dozens of better jobs that have been available & no other programs ever even express interest in the guy, except as the 4th or 5th option.

He's an average Coach, there's nothing impressive about what he's done & there's no real reason why Canes fans should love him so much.

Which is why I made this thread lol. Like I said, his losses this season have all been blowouts, but it doesn't matter if his teams get demolished, as long as he says some stupid **** in press conferences his fans will ride with him.

Refer to my last post... JW... Urban Meyer's losses have been blow outs this year too, with Top 5 recruiting classes dating back to 2012 with the exception of one 7th ranked class. Is he still not one of the best active coaches in College Football? Is he still one of the most scummy coaches in CFB history? Your answer should be yes to both.

Advertisement
Why people rip him is beyond me.

Took over a WSU program who 1 year prior to his arrival went 1-11.

Had them ranked in top 15 this year in the last week of November. They are challenging for the PAC 12 north every year now.

But you're right - he's awful.

He is one of the more entertaining coaching personalities. He's funny in interviews, weird, and interesting to listen to. Wouldn't want him to coach here, but I'm glad he's coaching somewhere. Don't see the problem with liking a coach with a bit of personality. Not many of those around lately.

Advertisement
My thoughts exactly. I watched the Cal game and I watched last night. Without the threat of run teams simply drop 8 in coverage and feast on ints and sacks. His offense is the same as the triple option only with passing. It’s trash. The only difference between hirining him vs Golden is Richt would have had better QBs to choose from when he took over.

Wow he won 9 games at a piece of crap program that averaged 1.75 wins a year in the 4 seasons before he arrived?

He's got his team ranked and going to their 4th bowl game in 5 years after that program hadn't gone to one in the 8 seasons before he got there?

You really showed how bad Leach is great thread.

One thing in his favor, Donna didn’t hire him twice!!! That along could mean he might have done well here. Beyond that I got nothing. Oh wait, didn’t ESPN hate him? Something about a crooked college running back’s son and headaches. That could be a positive.

This season is the definition of Mike Leach.

In hindsight, the man should have an undefeated team going into the Conference Title game, but has some absolute bombs (not just one, multiple). He had no business with this team (which is actually pretty good) getting the brakes blown off by Cal. He lost Falk in the game, but they shouldn't have been steamrolled late by Arizona, and he should have been at worst, competitive in the Apple Cup.

I actually really like Leach, but I like Leach more on another team that will never cross streams with us. I can just like the guy from afar as an asset to college football and not have to be invested in his production.

Advertisement
Back