The Mike Leach Fan club

I knew I would get these type of responses, hence the name of the thread lol

Advertisement
Wow he won 9 games at a piece of crap program that averaged 1.75 wins a year in the 4 seasons before he arrived?

He's got his team ranked and going to their 4th bowl game in 5 years after that program hadn't gone to one in the 8 seasons before he got there?

You really showed how bad Leach is great thread.
Mike Price had 4 9/10 win seasons, 2 conference championships & 2 Rose Bowls during the 90's & the early 00's.

Wash St was not a destitute program before him.

Paul Wulff, god bless'em, had that program in a **** place when Leach took over.

image.jpg

Where were my practice interviews this week? You had time to go poke at Leach (I’m not a fan btw) but where were my interviews.? Here’s a tip: if you’re gonna do something see it all the way through. Ridiculous you just skip out in the last week. Better get that act right for next season, no more amateur hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's as if the PResident of the United States doesn't know WTF he's talking about when it comes to college football.

Advertisement
I've made this point on here and other message boards in the past. Leach is great if you're at some po-dunk school with no aspirations for anything more than 8 or 9 win seasons. He's proven he can take teams that are bad and make them decent. He DOES NOT have what it takes to make the jump from pretty good to great. Mostly in that he does not care about defense and he can't be bothered to recruit. His defenders say "Look what he's done with the worst recruiting class in the Pac12!!" Well, recruiting is part of the job as a college football coach. It's his staff's fault that they recruit so poorly. I'll give him credit as his gimmick is good enough to make nobody teams relevant but his shtick would wear thin after a bunch of 8-9 win seasons and recruiting classes ranked at the bottom of the ACC if he was at Miami.

Where were my practice interviews this week? You had time to go poke at Leach (I’m not a fan btw) but where were my interviews.? Here’s a tip: if you’re gonna do something see it all the way through. Ridiculous you just skip out in the last week. Better get that act right for next season, no more amateur hour.

Are you being sarcastic?

Advertisement
I've made this point on here and other message boards in the past. Leach is great if you're at some po-dunk school with no aspirations for anything more than 8 or 9 win seasons. He's proven he can take teams that are bad and make them decent. He DOES NOT have what it takes to make the jump from pretty good to great. Mostly in that he does not care about defense and he can't be bothered to recruit. His defenders say "Look what he's done with the worst recruiting class in the Pac12!!" Well, recruiting is part of the job as a college football coach. It's his staff's fault that they recruit so poorly. I'll give him credit as his gimmick is good enough to make nobody teams relevant but his shtick would wear thin after a bunch of 8-9 win seasons and recruiting classes ranked at the bottom of the ACC if he was at Miami.

you do know they had a good defense this year. They actually had the #1 3rd down defense in the country

you do know they had a good defense this year. They actually had the #1 3rd down defense in the country

They had a "good for Mike Leach" defense. His track record says this is more an outlier than a trend. Mark D'Onofrio has had more years with better defenses.

They had a pretty good defense until they started playing Pac-12 teams with a pulse. You know, like Cal and all of their 5-star talent.

Advertisement

Are you being sarcastic?

Of course

Are you being sarcastic?

Of course

Dude, I thought you were serious. I was like WTF is this *******'s problem. Lol

Are you being sarcastic?

Of course

Yea I thought he was serious too. But where8 is a good poster, only reason why I thought maybe he's being sarcastic.

Advertisement
Leach wiuld have been better than Shannon or Golden, but not better than Richt. We would have at least been entertaining had we hired him years ago. Instead, we were supposed moly that atherosclerosis . Holy crap at that autocorrect... instead we were totally pathetic in all phases.

Are you being sarcastic?

Of course

Yea I thought he was serious too. But where8 is a good poster, only reason why I thought maybe he's being sarcastic.

C’mon now boys.

Leach wiuld have been better than Shannon or Golden, but not better than Richt. We would have at least been entertaining had we hired him years ago. Instead, we were supposed moly that atherosclerosis . Holy crap at that autocorrect... instead we were totally pathetic in all phases.

Yeah, I’m by no means a Leach fanboi but unlike Shannon and Golden I suspect he would have won at least one ACC Coastal title here.

He's won as many division titles as Golden and Shannon.

Nevermind, Golden technically won the coastal one year.

Advertisement
Back