SUNDAY BUZZ COLUMN

What the **** are the coaches feeding these players?

Alabama is definitely not the most talented team ever, Funny because their past 5 recruiting classes tells a different story than that. They win because they have a top 3 roster and a top 3 coach every year. They aren't winning games because Yeldon showed up 2 minutes early to a team bonding excerise
players from the area of south Florida tend to think they have best players in the nation which is true. Wow what do we have here another mod trying to stir the pot lol

What in the world are you saying? Alabama doesn't exclusively have players from Alabama and Miami doesn't exclusively have players from south Florida. I'll spell it out for you..Tracy's comment referred to Alabama as a team and he deceitfully tried to downplay their talent level to act as if their accountability, punctual, etc. are what made them win rings. Alabama has had a top 3 team for 5+ years now. Alabama wins games because of Saban and their roster but they aren't winning for "just believing in what he is saying." Since this team is "all in on Golden" we can revisit this thread and see just how "believing in what coach says" will get the 'Canes more wins

Saban can disappear completely and they can bring in Ariz as the head man and still win double digit games.

Advertisement
Golden has shown flashes. 2nd half against vt his first year, the Florida game in 13', the first half of FSU last year. problem is he is afarid to let his punches fly.

No he did not, what the **** are you talking about. UF was garbage, so was VT and FSU played terrible first half's against everyone.

I've told this story a million times, but a coach who has been at Alabama and Miami told me flat-out that Miami's best players are better than Alabama's best players. The difference is depth, coaching and infrastructure (training table, medical staff, etc.).

That's why Miami players perform so much better in the pros than Alabama players.

### Some feedback on running backs: Not only do coaches and players believe Mark Walton is going to make a big immediate impact, but there are people on the UM staff who believe Gus Edwards has star potential, because of his combination of size, strength and speed, provided he stays healthy (a big if with him).

SOmebody been reading my threads??

Advertisement
I've told this story a million times, but a coach who has been at Alabama and Miami told me flat-out that Miami's best players are better than Alabama's best players. The difference is depth, coaching and infrastructure (training table, medical staff, etc.).

That's why Miami players perform so much better in the pros than Alabama players.

While I believe the story (and it shows in the pros), that's not the argument Tracy is making.

“Alabama is definitely not the most talented team ever, but they’re a team. They believe in what the coach tells them and they believe in their system. That’s why they always come out on top because they believe in what Nick Saban is telling them to do.”

1. He is downplaying their talent at the college level. Despite what they do in the pros, all those first round busts were great college players. 5-7 top 2 recruiting classes in a row for Alabama. I think it would be very hard to prove 5 teams were more talented than Alabama each year since 09. The kids produce partly due to the coaching and system and part because of their talent level. Alabama is a top 3 college team year in and year out. His argument states that they are a strong unit but not as strong individuals. The amount of all Americans and first rounders proves that argument dishonest IMO. We've seen top teams (TCU, Boise state for example) have less talent (Boise beating OU) but still produce great results as a team. If he used them instead of the powerhouse that's a different story.

2. In this situation, our best players are still great (Kaaya, Deon, Grace, AQM, etc.) but our overall roster has a lot less expierence and talent than the previous two years. Buying into a system won't get you anywhere when
• The system doesn't fit the players
• Some of the coaches of the system are inept
• Furthermore, the players buy into Alabama because they WIN. You think all these 5* recruits would commit to Alabama and endure him yelling his *** off at them everyday if they didnt think the means justify the ends? When UM starts losing during the season and Golden is 30-24(?) in the past 4 years kids are quick to stop believing in the system mid season. Despite all the "buying in" the culture here and at Bama are completely different. A loss inspires Alabama. A loss crushes Miami.

3. Miami won't come out in top just because they're listening to what Golden is saying. 2013 the whole team bought in and then once we started losing the House of Cards fell. 2014 we started out rough, bought in for 3 games (Cincy, unc, VT) then it came crashing down again.

This is just another PR spin in a long line of the Golden era where the football ops cares more about the stories to the fans than fixing their on the field problems

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the person that told you that was telling the truth and it was true when he said it. However its not true anymore. Miami had a 10-11 win talent last year but we had a mass talent exodus. We are a middle of the ACC in team speed. Now we have bad intangibles and medicore talent.

We are a 4-6 win team next year.

I think the person that told you that was telling the truth and it was true when he said it. However its not true anymore. Miami had a 10-11 win talent last year but we had a mass talent exodus. We are a middle of the ACC in team speed. Now we have bad intangibles and medicore talent.

We are a 4-6 win team next year.
It was definitely true last year, Miami probably had better pro prospects in terms of talent than any team in the country when it refers to the top 5 players picked from Miami compared to others. This year Miami definitely still have an abundance of talent

Advertisement
What the **** are the coaches feeding these players?

Alabama is definitely not the most talented team ever, Funny because their past 5 recruiting classes tells a different story than that. They win because they have a top 3 roster and a top 3 coach every year. They aren't winning games because Yeldon showed up 2 minutes early to a team bonding excerise
players from the area of south Florida tend to think they have best players in the nation which is true. Wow what do we have here another mod trying to stir the pot lol

What in the world are you saying? Alabama doesn't exclusively have players from Alabama and Miami doesn't exclusively have players from south Florida. I'll spell it out for you..Tracy's comment referred to Alabama as a team and he deceitfully tried to downplay their talent level to act as if their accountability, punctual, etc. are what made them win rings. Alabama has had a top 3 team for 5+ years now. Alabama wins games because of Saban and their roster but they aren't winning for "just believing in what he is saying." Since this team is "all in on Golden" we can revisit this thread and see just how "believing in what coach says" will get the 'Canes more wins

I'm saying in general not just the u, players from south Florida tend to think they are the best players in the nation,which is a mindset that they already have

Wow. They finally neutered Tracy Howard.

I never thought he'd be one to fall for the schtick. I guess he's accepted the fact that these corches are horrible but if he doesn't fluff their genitalia he won't get many snaps.

“Alabama is definitely not the most talented team ever, but they’re a team. "

Baby Jesus on a pogo stick.

I can guarantee that Bama's success has nothing to do with pool parties and dodgeball.

Advertisement
Duke was supposed to lead this team instead he folded in every single big game we played and tapped his helmet to come out at the most crucial times. Then had his whole camp stirring up **** starting with his mom that locker room was a mess (then again a good coaching staff won't let that happen) but there wAs no vocal leaders in this team Denzel was also quiet. Tracy is telling no lies

EXACTLY

1. He is downplaying their talent at the college level.

His quote was that "Alabama is definitely not the most talented team ever." Everybody here would agree with that statement. His larger point, IMO, is that they outplay their talent, both collectively and as individuals. I agree with that. The fact that Alabama superstars consistently disappoint in the pros confirms that the program elevated the players (and not the other way around).

Despite what they do in the pros, all those first round busts were great college players.

Which supports what this coach told me. Namely, that Alabama's coaching and infrastructure gets the most out of their players in college. Once they get to the pros, and all things become equal, the Miami players are better. The examples he used (and this was early 2011) were Lamar Miller v. Trent Richardson, Olivier Vernon v. Courtney Upshaw, and Seantrel Henderson vs. every Alabama OL. He said the Miami guys would be better in the NFL. He was right on all counts.

His argument states that they are a strong unit but not as strong individuals. The amount of all Americans and first rounders proves that argument dishonest IMO.

Those accolades have a lot to do with player development and team success. When we look back ten years from now, I'll bet big money that the 2013 Miami team produces far more top-end talent than any of Nick Saban's Alabama teams. But those Alabama guys had a lot more accolades in college because the program got more attention and got more out of its players.

Buying into a system won't get you anywhere when
• The system doesn't fit the players
• Some of the coaches of the system are inept
• Furthermore, the players buy into Alabama because they WIN. You think all these 5* recruits would commit to Alabama and endure him yelling his *** off at them everyday if they didnt think the means justify the ends? When UM starts losing during the season and Golden is 30-24(?) in the past 4 years kids are quick to stop believing in the system mid season. Despite all the "buying in" the culture here and at Bama are completely different. A loss inspires Alabama. A loss crushes Miami.

This is the key. I believe Tracy's quote is absolutely correct. The problem is, players won't buy in unless you give them a reason to buy in. Saban has, and Golden hasn't.

Let's not forget these dyk Ryder's blamed Shannon and Morris for 3 years. Now its all Duke's fault. Smh. Golden and No D really have some nerve don't they. Double down on failure. Can't wait till these dudes are gone and I can act like they never existed

Advertisement
Duke was supposed to lead this team instead he folded in every single big game we played and tapped his helmet to come out at the most crucial times. Then had his whole camp stirring up **** starting with his mom that locker room was a mess (then again a good coaching staff won't let that happen) but there wAs no vocal leaders in this team Denzel was also quiet. Tracy is telling no lies

EXACTLY

Never gonna get fixed when your leaders hate the coach (Chickillo, Duke, Herb, Flowers) Them boys despise Golden as does Tracy.. that boy totin the company line trying to get PT and to get drafted...Way to play the game Tracy... Please stop haton on Duke whemn Golden out here trying to run him into the ground.... But if blaming somebody besides Golden helps you sleep at night...by all means go ahead

I've never seen a Miami team respond to a bad season by saying these things in the off-season, during the past decade.

These were never problems that's why. I'm still skeptical, but I can see all these "changes" making a difference. As always though, they have to prove it.

this supposed holder of graduate level psychology degrees

Do you know who Golden's professor was?

His resume says UVA but I'm beginning to think it was just a special degree program there headed by Dr. Al Groh.

"Golden uses the teachings of world-renowned sports psychologist Bob Rotella, whom he studied under as a graduate student at Virginia. Rotella works with some of the PGA Tour's top golfers, including Rory McIlroy, and has consulted for teams in every major professional sports league. Golden uses his golf mentality with the kickers."

Al Golden coaches kickers with finite focus, golf mentality - tribunedigital-sunsentinel

Advertisement
Back