SUNDAY BUZZ COLUMN

Advertisement
Same crap they say every year.
"Working harder than ever"
"Communicating better than ever"
"Distractions and bad blood gone"
Same crap somebody else will say next year.

"The rotation should help keep players fresh and confuse offenses; depending on the matchup, UM could bring high-level talents like rush linebacker Al-Quadin Muhammad and strong-side end Chad Thomas off the sidelines to catch opponents napping."

Why does this statement scare me so much. Theoretically it should work, but with these with coaches, it has the makings of an Elmer Fudd vs Bugs Bunny scene. And they are NOT the bunny.

Put the bunny back in the box.

And our season will probably end the same way that scene does.

Advertisement
The funniest part is El Foldo thinks anyone believes this ****. Only the gullible newbies on here will even pay this any mind. We will soon ask "why were you running a 3 man line against a goal line offense?" Tracy Howard..... Leader? Give me a break! Denzel Perryman defended No D till the end.....even after he got drafted. Not one bad word. So I guess Duke was the entire problem on the team. Some of you never learn. Golden will drive the bus back and forth over his mom to defend No D and the coaching atrocity. Pathetic

Can anyone one here really argue that 2015 will be any different than the last 5 years for this program? It's ******* groundhogs day in Coral Gables.

What makes me laugh is the parrots around here talking about we had no leadership around here last year, but now we have leaders (and proceeds to list names mentioned in the article). Please tell me how much leadership you've seen from those guys listed on the field this year considering we haven't seen them on the field yet.

Seriously some of you believe whatever you're told.

So last year Cassandra Mitchell says half the team would transfer if they did not have to sit out a year. Fast foward to this year, guys saying how much they respect Folden and No D. Im calling b.s. these guys are clearly playing the game. The moment things go down hill the season will follow with it.

Advertisement
So last year Cassandra Mitchell says half the team would transfer if they did not have to sit out a year. Fast foward to this year, guys saying how much they respect Folden and No D. Im calling b.s. these guys are clearly playing the game. The moment things go down hill the season will follow with it.

And Duke is the scapegoat, he's the cancer now. Not the corch or staff.

Wwe writers could'nt make this much crap up.

Last edited:
What makes me laugh is the parrots around here talking about we had no leadership around here last year, but now we have leaders (and proceeds to list names mentioned in the article). Please tell me how much leadership you've seen from those guys listed on the field this year considering we haven't seen them on the field yet.

Seriously some of you believe whatever you're told.

It's like the woman who gets her *** beat nightly by her husband but believes him when he says " I'm sorry , it won't happen again". Then the next night comes and pow.

They know what they have to say this **** or they won't play.

Advertisement
Let me get this straight, Flowers, Walford (7tds), Dorsett (10tds), Duke (13 tds, over 2k yards from scrimmage), DP (first team ACC, third team all American, BUTKUS AWARD FINALIST) Feliciano, and Chickillo were the problem last year? You might could make a case they didn't do enough, but you will never make the case that they were the problem.
LOL
That's 20 of 26 receiving tds, and 10 of 19 rushing tds, or 2/3 of all offensive tds scored last year.
DP had **** near twice as many tackles per game as the next closest guy.
Only soft shouldered dudes claim they need leadership to do better than 1 int and 20 total tackles. What happened to holding yourself accountable? Blaming the dudes who propped the team up last year is not accountability. He needs to start by asking himself why a walk on had 35 more tackles than he did last year. He played more? Well that's still on Tracy Howard.

Don't talk about accountability when you're blaming the players who did the most for the team last year. Shut your mouth, get on the field and make plays.

With only three experienced cornerbacks (Howard, Artie Burns, Corn Elder) and redshirt freshman Ryan Mayes, UM needs something immediately from at least one summer cornerback arrival (Michael Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, Terrance Henley).

This sh@t leaves me speechless, how can a team in S. FL have this issue. That sorry ******* Golden should be fired for this line alone

Advertisement
With only three experienced cornerbacks (Howard, Artie Burns, Corn Elder) and redshirt freshman Ryan Mayes, UM needs something immediately from at least one summer cornerback arrival (Michael Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, Terrance Henley).

This sh@t leaves me speechless, how can a team in S. FL have this issue. That sorry ******* Golden should be fired for this line alone

It's ******* criminal. It's Corch shannon did too and it got his *** fired.

thank god 2015 had the deepest class of DBs prospects we've maybe ever seen in SFL...... oh wait..

some thoughts as to the article.

1. context. first the anonymous former player who said it was 70/30 players v. coaches. now this article. seems to be a push job? who benefits from the push?

2. howard? dog house howard? why choose howard to assert "it's the players fault" if he has been so disgruntled and misused?

3. who are the former players that were selfish, had a bad attitude and were not being held accountable? here's a list of some of the ones that graduated/left. who do you think were the bad apples?

34 Thurston Armbrister LB 6-3 241 Sr. Hollywood, Fla. (Hollywood Hills HS)
71 Anthony Chickillo DL 6-4 282 Sr. Tampa, Fla. (Alonso HS)
4 Phillip Dorsett WR 5-10 195 Sr. Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. (St. Thomas Aquinas HS)
70 Jon Feliciano OL 6-5 316 Sr. Davie, Fla. (Western HS)
28 Nantambu-Akil Fentress DB 5-9 200 Sr. Nashville, Tenn. (The Ensworth School)
37 Ladarius Gunter DB 6-2 198 Sr. Montgomery, Ala. (Jefferson Davis)
62 Shane McDermott OL 6-4 300 Sr. Lake Worth, Fla. (Palm Beach Central HS)
52 Denzel Perryman LB 6-0 242 Sr. Coral Gables, Fla. (Coral Gables HS)
91 Olsen Pierre DL 6-5 300 Sr. Rahway, N.J. (Fork Union Military Academy) (Rahway HS)
46 Clive Walford TE 6-4 258 Sr. Belle Glade, Fla. (Glades Central HS)
11 Ryan Williams QB 6-6 222 Sr. Pembroke Pines, Fla. (Memphis) (Miramar HS)
8 Duke Johnson RB 5-9 206 Jr. Miami, Fla. (Miami Norland HS)
21 Antonio Crawford DB 5-11 191 Jr. Tampa, Fla. (H.B. Plant)
74 Ereck Flowers

Last edited:
If coaches are inflexible with repeatedly failing strategies, they'll lose the team. That happens on every level of team sport including the youth level. If you want buy in from the leaders of the team, especially in a failing situation, you have to at least be responsive to them.

When I read these statements by Howard, I immediately thought of the thread from the other day that mentioned Coach D becoming irritated by Anthony Chickillo's question: "why did we play with three down linemen on the goal line?" When your scheme and strategies repeatedly fail and you repeatedly fail to be responsive to your team leaders or you become angry at having to answer simple questions involving why you are asking players to do certain things you end up 6-7 with NFL caliber talent up and down your roster.

To me, players recognize - just as many Canes do - that they are not being utilized in ways that would make the team successful and after having given genuine effort within Golden's system they became frustrated and push back. This seems to be what Blackvern alludes to in some of his posts and it is a consistent refrain from other sources as well.

Looking specifically at these most recent comments, college athletes rarely say anything negative about their coaches publicly for all the obvious reasons. It stands to reason that players who are still on the team when asked publicly about the team would look to the things they believe they control to right the ship because it projects good leadership and for a player with NFL aspirations there is no victory in sounding the alarm.

Advertisement
Back