SUNDAY BUZZ COLUMN

With only three experienced cornerbacks (Howard, Artie Burns, Corn Elder) and redshirt freshman Ryan Mayes, UM needs something immediately from at least one summer cornerback arrival (Michael Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, Terrance Henley).

This sh@t leaves me speechless, how can a team in S. FL have this issue. That sorry ******* Golden should be fired for this line alone

It's ****ing criminal. It's Corch shannon did too and it got his *** fired.

Yeah, but Golden is white.

White privilege.

Advertisement
Let me get this straight, Flowers, Walford (7tds), Dorsett (10tds), Duke (13 tds, over 2k yards from scrimmage), DP (first team ACC, third team all American, BUTKUS AWARD FINALIST) Feliciano, and Chickillo were the problem last year? You might could make a case they didn't do enough, but you will never make the case that they were the problem.
LOL
That's 20 of 26 receiving tds, and 10 of 19 rushing tds, or 2/3 of all offensive tds scored last year.
DP had **** near twice as many tackles per game as the next closest guy.
Only soft shouldered dudes claim they need leadership to do better than 1 int and 20 total tackles. What happened to holding yourself accountable? Blaming the dudes who propped the team up last year is not accountability. He needs to start by asking himself why a walk on had 35 more tackles than he did last year. He played more? Well that's still on Tracy Howard.

Don't talk about accountability when you're blaming the players who did the most for the team last year. Shut your mouth, get on the field and make plays.

I agree with this 100%. So you're telling me that these guys, the ones who were probably the most productive players on the entire team, were the problem? Dorsett, who willingly blocked downfield, even as a smaller WR, and who should have got the ball more, or Feliciano, who moved all over the place to help the team, or Chick, who put on 45 lbs to play out of position in our garbage scheme, or Denzel, who threw his body around, played in a rotation of only 5 LBs all year, who was often left unprotected because of our scheme and our lack of DTs/NTs to eat up blockers, and Duke, who was the all time leading rusher and all purpose yardage player at the school, that these guys were the problem? I simply have a difficult time believing that.

Maybe Duke and Chick and Perryman showed frustration and didn't always feel positively - can you blame them? What else could those guys do to help the team? If you think we're frustrated as fans, how frustrated must those guys be to do all they could and see us still fail? Were those guys perfect? No. But to suggest that they were the reason our team was divided strikes me as a way for the coaches to again deflect blame from themselves.

One other thing I just don't get about something said in these interviews - that certain guys were entitled. What does that even mean? How does that happen on a team that hasn't beaten FSU since Golden was here, a team that hasn't won a bowl game since the blue turf bowl, a team that hasn't won a division title since we're in the ACC? I simply don't know how an attitude of entitlement could be present on a team that has fallen below expectations year after year. It's one thing to hear that some of the young guys on the 2004 team felt entitled, as they had seen us go through a dominant run and maybe felt that they "deserved" success without earning it, but this team simply has no reason to have a similar feeling.

With only three experienced cornerbacks (Howard, Artie Burns, Corn Elder) and redshirt freshman Ryan Mayes, UM needs something immediately from at least one summer cornerback arrival (Michael Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, Terrance Henley).

This sh@t leaves me speechless, how can a team in S. FL have this issue. That sorry ******* Golden should be fired for this line alone

It's ****ing criminal. It's Corch shannon did too and it got his *** fired.

Yeah, but Golden is white.

White privilege.

Ah yes, nothing like a fake racial chip on your shoulder.

All of this!

:rickflair2:

Let me get this straight, Flowers, Walford (7tds), Dorsett (10tds), Duke (13 tds, over 2k yards from scrimmage), DP (first team ACC, third team all American, BUTKUS AWARD FINALIST) Feliciano, and Chickillo were the problem last year? You might could make a case they didn't do enough, but you will never make the case that they were the problem.
LOL
That's 20 of 26 receiving tds, and 10 of 19 rushing tds, or 2/3 of all offensive tds scored last year.
Only soft shouldered dudes claim they need leadership to do better than 1 int and 20 total tackles. What happened to holding yourself accountable? Blaming the dudes who propped the team up last year is not accountability. He needs to start by asking himself why a walk on had 35 more tackles than he did last year. He played more? Well that's still on Tracy Howard.

Don't talk about accountability when you're blaming the players who did the most for the team last year. Shut your mouth, get on the field and make plays.

I agree with this 100%. So you're telling me that these guys, the ones who were probably the most productive players on the entire team, were the problem? Dorsett, who willingly blocked downfield, even as a smaller WR, and who should have got the ball more, or Feliciano, who moved all over the place to help the team, or Chick, who put on 45 lbs to play out of position in our garbage scheme, or Denzel, who threw his body around, played in a rotation of only 5 LBs all year, who was often left unprotected because of our scheme and our lack of DTs/NTs to eat up blockers, and Duke, who was the all time leading rusher and all purpose yardage player at the school, that these guys were the problem? I simply have a difficult time believing that.

Maybe Duke and Chick and Perryman showed frustration and didn't always feel positively - can you blame them? What else could those guys do to help the team? If you think we're frustrated as fans, how frustrated must those guys be to do all they could and see us still fail? Were those guys perfect? No. But to suggest that they were the reason our team was divided strikes me as a way for the coaches to again deflect blame from themselves.

One other thing I just don't get about something said in these interviews - that certain guys were entitled. What does that even mean? How does that happen on a team that hasn't beaten FSU since Golden was here, a team that hasn't won a bowl game since the blue turf bowl, a team that hasn't won a division title since we're in the ACC? I simply don't know how an attitude of entitlement could be present on a team that has fallen below expectations year after year. It's one thing to hear that some of the young guys on the 2004 team felt entitled, as they had seen us go through a dominant run and maybe felt that they "deserved" success without earning it, but this team simply has no reason to have a similar feeling.

This is a snippet from ESPN.com's 2014 Miami Hurricane Season Preview:

They said it: "There's a standard of excellence at the University of Miami, and you're held to that standard, which we've all accepted by going to the University of Miami. The one thing I think that's different about this team is that they believe in who they are, so they certainly respect the past, but they want to represent who they are and their identity as a football team. There's been nothing about the 2014 team that even resembles the 2013 team. They wanted to be their own team, have their own leadership and really move forward. So I'm excited about these guys saying, 'OK, let's go out and make our own identity’ as opposed to relying on something that happened quite a while ago." -- coach Al Golden

Again, I hear what all these "staffers" and players are saying to the media, but we've heard this broken record before. Stop talking and show it on the field. In all my years faithfully watching the Canes, I've NEVER seen so much hype talk coming from coaches and players. It's like they have to speak out loud to believe things. We usually talked on the field, and bragged off of it. Smh...I just want my Canes back, not this.

Advertisement
This program is a tragic comedy

[MENTION=3972]NVA CANE[/MENTION]: you can argue that this program has become a mystery. how do you have the most fertile recruiting ground within a 50 mile radius, a gorgeous campus, a lineage that other top programs envy, and fail this miserably??

LOL

+1 Bump.

The rhetoric coming out of Coral Gables sounds more like denial. I empathize with Al Golden staff though, I mean what else can he say? We all know this is probably his last season if there's no improvement from last year, and he has to say something to build positive momentum pre-season.

Advertisement
LOL

I'm just amazed someone could say -
“I know how we can be 6-7,” Howard said of 2014. “You got a lot of guys with a lot of talent. But when you got a team that doesn’t really hold each other accountable, you don’t really have a strong leadership. Talent is not enough. You need leadership, a team that is going stick together.
How does he not realize that his whole statement is contradictory? He's talking about lack of leadership and lack of accountability while blaming other people. That's not a good omen going forward. Nothing has changed it sounds like to me. He had one start last year after starting all 12 as a sophomore? If he wants to talk about accountability he should say 'I didn't do enough to help the team last year. That's my fault. I'm going to ball out of my mind this year. And if the other guys act entitled, they're going to hear it from me, make no mistake that **** aint flying around here anymore.' Then sell out on the field like the guys who just left did.

Leadership lol. Golden should be fired. That's the travesty that he is allowed to make excuses. He already started. He reads these forums. The fat bich went and drop 35 pounds hahahaha. Be back on after 2 games when we start asking him why Tryiq was covering the other team's best WR.

So Tracey isn't blaming the coaches for going conservative in the 2nd half against FSU? Please don't tell me he's talking bad about DUke when duke lived up to his 5 star status.

If any player ever dreamed of blaming Duke for the team's issues last year they better wake up and apologize! No one, and I mean no one, played harder and balled like Duke.

Advertisement
I don't know what the leadership has been like from Duke, Denzel, Flowers, and everyone else the last couple years but Tracy mentions that THIS is the year that Golden gave the team leaders the the right to hold other players accountable. If Tracy is right maybe our old team leaders wanted to hold others accountable and lead the team but weren't allowed to do that by Golden.

So what I'm getting is...

Dorsett, Perryman, Duke, Chickillo, Gunter, Flowers, Feliciano, Walford, and McDermott were the reason we went 6-7 last year?

Riiiiight.

If any player ever dreamed of blaming Duke for the team's issues last year they better wake up and apologize! No one, and I mean no one, played harder and balled like Duke.

Except when he was on the sideline not playing or was useless because he was emotionally wrecked over an injured teammate? Let's not go turning a good to sometimes great player into a mythical legend because we wish that were true.

Advertisement

Dorsett, Perryman, Duke, Chickillo, Gunter, Flowers, Feliciano, Walford, and McDermott were the reason we went 6-7 last year?

Riiiiight.

There is no limit to the insanity of the excuses AG will perpetrate to shift blame to his own recruits instead of taking it on himself like a man.

He is truly the most reprehensible coach in the history of UM football, and I lived through the Erickson era. This guy makes DE look like a nun in terms of moral fiber.

Riiiiight.

There is no limit to the insanity of the excuses AG will perpetrate to shift blame to his own recruits instead of taking it on himself like a man.

He is truly the most reprehensible coach in the history of UM football, and I lived through the Erickson era. This guy makes DE look like a nun in terms of moral fiber.

For real. When you have a fat tub of **** that has more excuses than a high school attendance office, is it any wonder the team has turned into the same thing?

All that really needs to be said is Tracy and some of the other talented seniors just watched a bunch of guys get drafted by basically being company men in interviews and playing hard, so of course they will do the same thing. They obviously had their college careers wasted by this staff so I expect the guys read to be drafted will be auditioning for the Combine all season just like Perryman and Co. did last year.

Thats all this is.

Riiiiight.

All those players improved over their time here. u dont improve like they did but not working hard. This is pathetic. Bring back butch.
we heard the same song last year.

Read the column but do not have time to read this whole thread. What I will say is we have heard bits and pieces of these same positive remarks for the last 10 years. It makes me hopeful but just start winning already.

Advertisement
Back