SUNDAY BUZZ COLUMN

he is right, there are certain players last year that i won't name on here because I will get bashed and they are seen as all time great canes, but for them to be our "leaders" and constantly having their heads down and having terrrible body language, it sends a message all the other young guys on our team.

DUKE JOHNSON
ERICK FLOWERS

Advertisement
We've heard this each of the previous 3 years, but of course this is really the year.

This ni99a Tracy has some nerves lol. Did you see dudes body language last year? Lol. Dude was basically benched last year for butting heads with No' D. And his moms hates golden jus as much as momma duke. But he did tell it like it is, they don't believe in the coaches and we all know that. They don't trust what they are being told to do including him. This quote is so telling..

“Alabama is definitely not the most talented team EVER (very true, their O sucked outside of dude and their secondary was weak), but they’re a team. They believe in what the coach tells them and they believe in their system.*That’s why they always come out on top because they believe in what Nick Saban is telling them to do.”

That's where golden effed up at. Everyone sees his shtty system doesn't work but him. The players don't wanna play that crap. They wanna ball out n have fun while doing it. Not read and react and play 50 yards off the los. If they were having fun out there and just doing what these sf boys do naturally we would lose 2 games max per year smh. Can't wait till we get some real coaches here (sighs)

I remember having a conversation with Mel Bratton about leadership. His exact words were "Jimmy didn't coach that team, we coached that team." He told me several stories about, him and other team leaders beating the living **** out of slackers and get them back in line.

I agree Golden sucks but every man controls his own actions. Play calling does not prevent a guy from missing a tackle, committing stupid penalties, dropping catchable ball, and running to the fu@king ball.

Great (and good) coaches always seem to have solid leadership on the team. Schnellenberger did, Johnson, Davis and Erickson (though I would consider him more of a good coach than a great one).

After 2002, Coker's teams didn't seem to have too much leadership. I like Coker a lot, but more as a person than as a head coach at Miami. The head coaching job he currently has is a great fit for him - and I would suspect he's having some success and that the players love him. The administration made a poor choice having him as the head coach, but we did win it in 2001 and should've won it in 2002 except for the well-known very late flag on Sharpe....

I don't recall Shannon's teams having much leadership and of course Golden's teams haven't had much either.

Great (and good) coaches have leadership on the teams. That is part of what makes them great (or good).....

Golden was a very poor hire. I hope our next head coach is a difference maker. We need it. It has become tiring seeing so many of the top-notch players heading to other schools. FSU already has some major, major players in the 2017 class - including the top DT in Florida (again)....

Advertisement
Are you really going to fall for this nonsense again?

We heard the same **** last year.

Are you really going to fall for this nonsense again?

We heard the same **** last year.

Nobody here really thinks Al is a good coach. But at this point all we have is hope. I don't want to sit through another season like last year..

Same Stupid Schit the players have said every year under Golden.

I don't want to hear anymore about accountability and all the other ********* that goes with it....

Golden & D'Nofrio just need to simplify things and let these talented kids skill sets do the rest.

That alone will guarantee 9-10 wins.

Advertisement
Golden has shown flashes. 2nd half against vt his first year, the Florida game in 13', the first half of FSU last year. problem is he is afarid to let his punches fly.

The greatest trick Al Golden ever pulled was getting the media to believe that Al Golden the recruiter doesn't exist. One day someone (right after they force Flake to address Shalala's parting shot about SLS being a dump) should ask Alfredo what he's changed about the way HE, this supposed holder of graduate level psychology degrees, recruits and assesses kids. Al, why did you tarnish your own team with so many kids that were supposedly so easily led to feelings of entitlement yet also so easily demoralized and unmotivated? What did YOU miss by bringing in so many kids that obviously didn't "buy into" your sacred "core values"?

Advertisement
“Alabama is definitely not the most talented team ever, but they’re a team. They believe in what the coach tells them and they believe in their system. That’s why they always come out on top because they believe in what Nick Saban is telling them to do.”

LMAO! As if those kids listen to Saban because they're less talented.
No, Tracy...they listen to Saban because that $h!+ WORKS!

What the **** are the coaches feeding these players?

Alabama is definitely not the most talented team ever, Funny because their past 5 recruiting classes tells a different story than that. They win because they have a top 3 roster and a top 3 coach every year. They aren't winning games because Yeldon showed up 2 minutes early to a team bonding excerise

Advertisement

Alabama is definitely not the most talented team ever, Funny because their past 5 recruiting classes tells a different story than that. They win because they have a top 3 roster and a top 3 coach every year. They aren't winning games because Yeldon showed up 2 minutes early to a team bonding excerise
players from the area of south Florida tend to think they have best players in the nation which is true. Wow what do we have here another mod trying to stir the pot lol

they say all this **** every year wanna get excited but until we beat FSU i will restrain myself

players from the area of south Florida tend to think they have best players in the nation which is true. Wow what do we have here another mod trying to stir the pot lol

What in the world are you saying? Alabama doesn't exclusively have players from Alabama and Miami doesn't exclusively have players from south Florida. I'll spell it out for you..Tracy's comment referred to Alabama as a team and he deceitfully tried to downplay their talent level to act as if their accountability, punctual, etc. are what made them win rings. Alabama has had a top 3 team for 5+ years now. Alabama wins games because of Saban and their roster but they aren't winning for "just believing in what he is saying." Since this team is "all in on Golden" we can revisit this thread and see just how "believing in what coach says" will get the 'Canes more wins

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back