What impressed you yesterday?

D$, I think UGA's defense is good, but I wouldn't put much stock in last night's performance. AU has OL issues similar to ours. In fact, I've mentioned it on this very board in the past. Malzahn's OL recruiting has been pathetic. I think Mac Jones from Bama is going to pick apart the UGA secondary. Their secondary looked good against AU's WR. We'll see how thy look against the crew from Bama. I know you said impressed, but here's my thoughts in general:

-Despite having only 31 yards on 8 carries, Bigsby for Auburn is going to be a good one
-Tom Herman (among others) is in trouble. (will revisit later)
-Leach lovers always point out the wins but ignore the bad losses. Arkansas had lost 20 consecutive SEC games.
-The Ole Miss offense looks good
-Our recent hype coupled with last year's ACCCG actually had Clemson looking ahead (their D can be had though)
-Covid19 is the best chance some of these head coaches have to keep their jobs next year

Advertisement
They've never really had a dominate OL. Just been full of weapons. Deshaun Watson didn't have a ton of rushing yards

Its not just rushing you'll have to show me better pass blocking lines than those they brought to National title games, if you're winning with throwing the ball and your line is keeping you clean against some of the best D's n the nation, thats dominating. I agree they've never been a pound the ball dominating O-line.

-UGA has the best defense in America, but’s it’s an offensive game. Their offense has STUDs all over it though. Zamir White, James Cook, George Pickens, Darnell Washington, the OL. If they continue to improve offensively they can win a NC even if they lose to Bama at Bama in a few weeks.

-Clemson is going to get better as the year goes on. That is a staple of Dabo coached teams. They start little slow, play a ton of guys, and get in their groove about halfway.

-They arguably have the 2 best players in America in Lawrence and Etienne. If Rogers and Ladson step up, then they are going to be a tough out. UVA defense is tough, and well coached, and a good unit, and they still scored a lot of points.

-If Miami has Rousseau we would be a legit top 5-7 team.

-Bama is the most complete right now, but it’s early.

Advertisement
Listened to mannys podcast and man they have a paw print on their helmet they have to be elite isn’t analysis LOL. Manny legit said Clemson wouldn’t start Roche lol

Clemson is not what they usually are at several spots. Of course Lawrence and etienne are studs. That was a nice *** pick by their cb in the endzone too
Nice pick on one of the worst throws I’ve ever seen. Threw a fade inside and low where only the DB (not the 6’7 wr) had a chance at it. UVA had chances and gave the game away.

Costello (who had 620+ yds passing at LSU) had the quietest 313 yd day you'll see last nite vs. Arkansas. 3 picks.

Brock Purdy for ISU had mediocre stats vs OU but came up big when it counted. The Cyclones TE (Kolar) looked terrific all game. BTW, Purdy's dad played baseball here at UM IIRC.

Advertisement
Clemson kinda looks overrated and nothing scares me about them.

if we come to play on both sides of the ball, we should be 4-0 and ranked #2 in the nation come next Sunday morning :neonu:

and gators will get tested next
#1: Eye was impressed with the crowd noise 20k fans could make at some of dem games;

#2: Eye was impressed with the increased number of students and fans whereing masks.
The Gators had at least 40,000 at that game yesterday!

Saturday was a good day to watch CFB without having to worry about a Canes game.

For me, three things stood out:

- Georgia’s defense. It’s an elite unit that will need to make up for a solid but undertalented QB.

- Tennessee’s OL. They have three stars in the group with Cade Mays, Wanya Morris and especially Tre Smith. UF’s DL is vulnerable and will be tested.

- Lawrence to Rodgers. The best QB in the country and his favorite weapon. We can’t let #3 beat us next week. There is a big drop off in experience after him.

What jumped out at you?

What jumped out at me was how many Americans apparently have Peyronie's disease.

Advertisement
Auburn being possibly overrated and disappointment with Bo Nix. Georgia defense is elite, but I expected more from Auburn and also not falling down 24 in the first half.

Side note: interested in possible reactions to the Georgia crowd.

Advertisement
Dabo Swinney’s connection to his players and the current times.
we can all make fun of Dabo and Clemson and call them a bunch of rednecks as a school, but Swinney‘s willingness to allow players to put words instead of names on the back of jerseys tells me that he “gets it”. Regardless of what we think about sports and social justice, players care about the connection more than ever. And Swinney has the pulse of his team and most importantly his star quarterback who has been at the forefront of this issue.
some of you may find this issue stupid as is your right, but what I am commenting on is not the issue of social justice but a coach who understands how the issue resonates with his players. it is no wonder that kids love playing for him.

One of them even had "Aint Bitcoin Great" on their jersey.

Trask.1st rd QB. Moves around the pocket effortlessly for big guy. Pitts is better than I gave credit. Great ball skills & hands. UF offense as a whole. D seems suspect.

Georgia D. Nasty across the board. WR Kearis Jackson.

OU’s ability to be ranked pre-season Top 5. Deceptive!

Les Miles ability to win a NC at LSU. Man he’s bad.

UCF ability to sell best team in FL scam. FRAUDULENT

Advertisement
Back