Welcome to The U Trent Harris!

Advertisement
I still consider Smith a DE. I think a JUCO DT would finish it off and it would be the best DL recruit haul in years.

Moten is still out there too

I know. I'm just not convinced about him yet.

To clarify I do like his talent as a DT in our system, but his recruitment has been pretty odd so I have a hard time considering him an option even though some people think he's a borderline lock.

Last edited:
I don't think Harris has anything to do with Shuttles. We are at 78-79 scholarships for the 2013 season. I'm assuming Golden wants to be under a certain number if/when we get scholarship reductions from the NCAA. I'm guessing that is the hold up

Advertisement
I guess we won't have to hear all the *****ing about how golden can't recruit d linemen.

Nah man, this is just another one of those threads that won't include a certain group of people. You will remember who they are when Ermon Lane commits to UiF.

**** them.

Haubert: Canes get quick, disruptive DE

By Craig Haubert | ESPN.com

The Hurricanes picked up their 10th ESPN 300 prospect Monday in defensive end Trent Harris (Winter Park, Fla./Winter Park). Read on to see how our scouts feel he'll perform at the next level:

What he brings: Harris can be an explosive and physical defender who is capable of being tough against the run as well as harassing quarterbacks. A thickly built kid with good playing strength, the ESPN 300 DE possesses very good first-step quickness that can allow him to be a disruptive presence. With the ability to explode off the ball and use his hands, he can set the edge as a run defender and as a pass rusher displays nice upside with his initial quicks. While there is room for improvement and refinement with things like the use of his hands, he has the tools to be dangerous coming off the edge with further development.

How he fits: This is a nice in-state pick-up for a Miami team looking to improve on defense. Among the worst in the nation in run defense, tackles for loss and sacks, Harris is another addition for them on the defensive side of the ball who is capable of helping this unit get stronger. Harris has the tools to be a three-down defender that can help them to be more stout against the run, and he is capable of helping to generate pressure in passing situations.

Prediction for performance: As Miami looks to strengthen its defense, a prospect like Harris could be called upon to contribute early on, and he is capable of it. He displays very good ability, but consistency is the key. We have been very impressed at times by the four-star defender, but at others times in evaluation felt like we weren’t seeing the same player. His ability to contribute could be based of his ability to perform at the level he is capable of on a consistent basis. If he can do that, he’s certainly capable of working his way into the rotation early on, with the ability to develop into a very good and well-rounded multiyear starter for them.

How the class is shaping up: Miami is putting together a strong 2014 class currently ranked in the top 10. The class has a good emphasis on the trenches, as six of their top seven commitments are either OL or DL prospects. With the addition of Harris along with recent verbal Chad Thomas (Miami/Booker T. Washington) and the raw but promising Demetrius Jackson (Miami/Booker T. Washington), the Hurricanes have some prospects on board at defensive end with the tools to help them improve those sack totals in the future.

Advertisement
96.gif

I still consider Smith a DE. I think a JUCO DT would finish it off and it would be the best DL recruit haul in years.

Getting one more JuCo DT along with another HS DT would make this an epic DL class, to go along with an epic OL class and possibly epic LB class (c'mon Smothers!).

"It was very difficult ... extremely difficult," Harris said. "I liked Florida since I was little, but I'm not little any more. I needed to make a grown man's choice of what to do and what will be best to further my abilities. Florida just wasn't going to work out for me and so Miami is the best choice."

see...the (insert school here) is my dream school thing worked in your favor its not just miami lol.

great pickup.

Advertisement
I want to see one more HS DT and a JUCO DT. I think with Thomas, Jackson, and Harris we could potentially be done at DE.

Advertisement
I was just looking at the DE highlights across Thomas, Smith, Jackson and Harris. They have deceptive first steps and arm strength, and really get to the QB quickly. As a group they're among the best set of DEs in one class I have ever seen. And while we hit on some guys early in the 2000s with B Atkins, Pata and C Campbell, we've had a decade of under-performers and busts including the 2008 guys Hardin who was injured, and M-Rob, who was a tweener that never panned out. This new set of DEs, along with AQM from last year's class, are going to be an ACC QB wrecking crew.

Great pickup. Reminds me of an Olivier Vernon/Marcus Robinson type. Keyon Brown can go to ****. Give me Suttles and lets lock the back door at DE. As far as LB, Smothers or bust. I really like our group without him. With him and I love it. In the secondary, I am not that high on Lammons anymore now that we have Patton. I have always said its one or the other with me. If he wants to join the UF crew fine. If we can get Marques Goyet that would be great. And dont forget about Raheem Stuckley (sp?). And at DT, give me one JUCO stud and Moten and thats it. If Moten does not come, fine. Valentine was the prime catch.

I am not really considered with the offensive side of the ball. If Cook flips, great. If not, back to the drawing board and put the full court press on Powell. As long as Griffin gets in for December just give me Dixon and as far as im concerned Rudolph, Lane and Berrios can all go kick rocks. The class is closing up and FAST. And dont F around and let Bond, Kamalu, and Derosier get in. Then we will really be locking the doors.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back