Uncle Luke steps down as HS coach!

Yeahhhhh, Ol Grandpa Luke is in it jussssst for the kids. He's just a giver. The epitome of selflessness.

20160924_123402.jpg

Advertisement
In the end his contributions to the U, to his community, to the city government, to the first amendment is more than each of you could ever do.

I met Luke 2 times. Once at his music office when he threw one of his Friday afternoon chicken wing and champagne parties and the other at the VIP party when he opened Lukes Club. His label rep was a white guy and one of his A/R guys was Lou Rawls jr. I knew the white guy did some blow with Jr. but hung with all the Crew for a while and observed a selfish **** head hustler who made his real money from a different business but go ahead and say how much he helped the community when he was a leader in some of the worst problems in the community.

Just as an aside I remember the crew was ****ed because they were getting sued for calling the club Luke Skywalkers. He lost that battle.

Last edited:
Yo if you thought the App St chick was thirsty for attention and looking for a payday just read these guys story. Some dude says that he met Luke twice... That's two times now... Over some chicken and champagne!!! After that he says Luke gave him the rundown on the biz... GTFOH, come on now even App St Chick came close to admitting "I made it up but ish, I hate those f'rs because they are who I want to be." lol

Ya if you thought app chicks were stupid people you should read some of the bull**** being spewed by Luke nut huggers who lack comprehension skills and who deny the truth who Luke was/is Dumb****ers or liars or hustlers themselves.

Advertisement
Guys like Luke coach JUST TO SAY THEY COACH. They don't do anything to perfect their craft. That applies to a lot of coaches in South FLA.

Like honestly, what makes anybody think Luke would be a good coach? I haven't seen him at ONE SINGLE CLINIC anywhere in Florida. He wasn't at The U's Coaching Social that Golden had, and that **** was free and in his hometown.
Who's he learning from? Where's he getting his stuff? How's he working on his craft?

I go to clinics every year. The ONLY TIME I see South FLA guys is when they're asked to speak because they won a state championship. (BTW's staff, Central's staff, Flanagan's staff, Mike Rumph when he won a SC at Heritage, etc) And their clinics are an absolute joke compared to the Texas coaches that show up to speak. The HC at Katy high school made our South FLA high school guys look like optimist coaches last year. The South FLA guys don't even show up with slides/power points, they're on stage drawing **** with dry erase markers. LOL
Most of these guys don't care enough to make the trip to Orlando or Tampa (never mind out of state) to learn from anybody. Exactly how are you getting better as a coach?

Everything Luke knows he learned down here in the hood. That's why that MF plays nothing but Cover-1 Press-Man. (aka "cat ball")

Anybody who lines up in press-man versus a trips/bunch formation doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Period. That's all I needed to see.

You really sound like you hating on coaches from down here just from saying they dont go to freaking clinics and use markers instead of power points. You dont know what they are doing to get better on their on time but whatever with your false narrative. And even if they dont sound as nerdy intelligent as some when speaking about football to yall dont mean they cant coach their kids. Norland, Central, Booker t, Flanagan, Columbus, Carol City, St thomas, Miramar up until the issues they had, Northwesten, American heritage, etc all have real good coaching and its more that i failed to mention

It ain't like I'm just pulling this opinion out of my a$$, dude. I coached down there for years. I'm not a fan, on the outside looking in like you. I've heard these guys talk football. I've watched countless hours of Hudl game film. I've spoken to kids who've played at other programs.

Me and some of my fellow coaches have coached local All Star games, where there's kids from all over. Most of them have to be taught everything, they don't know ****.

Coach Samuel from Flanagan gave the most pathetic "clinic" I've ever seen last year. He answered zero questions. He spoke in generalities and used tons of cliches, none of his information had substance. He taught nothing. He mocked other coaches for asking questions. And worst of all, he drew up a 6-man blitz out of Cover-2. LMAO
The HC from Katy High School in Texas made him look like an optimist coach.

The guy I work for right now, my close buddy, was a college coach and scout at Webber University. His recruiting ground was South FLA. He's attended practices of basically every school down here. He will tell you himself that most programs down here are a dumpster fire. Practices are disorganized and have poor tempo.

You speak from what YOU THINK and with a bias. I speak from what I KNOW and have seen.

Guys like Luke coach JUST TO SAY THEY COACH. They don't do anything to perfect their craft. That applies to a lot of coaches in South FLA.

Like honestly, what makes anybody think Luke would be a good coach? I haven't seen him at ONE SINGLE CLINIC anywhere in Florida. He wasn't at The U's Coaching Social that Golden had, and that **** was free and in his hometown.
Who's he learning from? Where's he getting his stuff? How's he working on his craft?

I go to clinics every year. The ONLY TIME I see South FLA guys is when they're asked to speak because they won a state championship. (BTW's staff, Central's staff, Flanagan's staff, Mike Rumph when he won a SC at Heritage, etc) And their clinics are an absolute joke compared to the Texas coaches that show up to speak. The HC at Katy high school made our South FLA high school guys look like optimist coaches last year. The South FLA guys don't even show up with slides/power points, they're on stage drawing **** with dry erase markers. LOL
Most of these guys don't care enough to make the trip to Orlando or Tampa (never mind out of state) to learn from anybody. Exactly how are you getting better as a coach?

Everything Luke knows he learned down here in the hood. That's why that MF plays nothing but Cover-1 Press-Man. (aka "cat ball")

Anybody who lines up in press-man versus a trips/bunch formation doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Period. That's all I needed to see.

You really sound like you hating on coaches from down here just from saying they dont go to freaking clinics and use markers instead of power points. You dont know what they are doing to get better on their on time but whatever with your false narrative. And even if they dont sound as nerdy intelligent as some when speaking about football to yall dont mean they cant coach their kids. Norland, Central, Booker t, Flanagan, Columbus, Carol City, St thomas, Miramar up until the issues they had, Northwesten, American heritage, etc all have real good coaching and its more that i failed to mention

It ain't like I'm just pulling this opinion out of my a$$, dude. I coached down there for years. I'm not a fan, on the outside looking in like you. I've heard these guys talk football. I've watched countless hours of Hudl game film. I've spoken to kids who've played at other programs.

Me and some of my fellow coaches have coached local All Star games, where there's kids from all over. Most of them have to be taught everything, they don't know ****.

Coach Samuel from Flanagan gave the most pathetic "clinic" I've ever seen last year. He answered zero questions. He spoke in generalities and used tons of cliches, none of his information had substance. He taught nothing. He mocked other coaches for asking questions. And worst of all, he drew up a 6-man blitz out of Cover-2. LMAO

The guy I work for right now, my close buddy, was a college coach and scout at Webber University. His recruiting ground was South FLA. He's attended practices of basically every school down here. He will tell you himself that most programs down here are a dumpster fire. Practices are disorganized and have poor tempo.

You speak from what YOU THINK and with a bias. I speak from what I KNOW and have seen.

Preach. These guys are just defending their fellow south FL black man. Like they always do...blindly. The coaching down in Dade sucks...its well known. Ropa and the other Luke ballscrubber are looking pretty **** stupid right now.

Preach. These guys are just defending their fellow south FL black man. Like they always do...blindly. The coaching down in Dade sucks...its well known. Ropa and the other Luke ballscrubber are looking pretty **** stupid right now.

Completely biased. They're just defending the locals homies.

We are just saying that we understand what we have in our system and it works for us. Our players have real issues that are beyond the X’s and O’s that are multiplied more down here which the average coach rarely deals with. Macho says that he has coached down here for years in the past. Well then he had his opportunity to showcase his skills as a “real coach” and produce some very polished kids over that time while also producing both state and national championships along the way. Maybe he can share that success with us in comparison to his counter parts of the same year?

See you would like us to throw away what is working for us on a whim that Macho and Canedude is arguing that a degree and years of coaching at a higher level is better for our kids. This is simply not true. There are countless numbers of coaches across the country that are satisfied with the product that we produced down here. And they say good job we can take it from here. With the amount of time and number of staff needed to implement some of the most sophisticated offenses and defenses we simply do not have the resources or time.

Frankly, neither Macho nor Canedude could give us anything more than what we already have. NC’s, we have that. SC’s we have that. RegC’s we have that. DivC’s we have that. All-Stars we have that. NFL’s we have that too. The truth is you can’t do a **** thing if you were able to head these programs that we are not already doing. Why? That’s because you will be restricted by the same regulations that we deal with. As I state before, the best places going right now is IMG and STA which have the structure and resources already setup to do exactly what you are talking about.

Again, I will ask, why are you not applying for these other HC jobs around here that are in desperate need of your caliber of coaching? If you really want to produce the athlete that you think that is so desperately needed in SFL why aren’t you heading those programs that are not getting the same shine as the schools that you have been campaigning against? If you spend as much time as you claim watching Hudle’s then you know that there are kids coming out of those school districts who would love to have you as a coach. If you do that you can make the same name for yourself without being a cutthroat to real coaches that go beyond the X’s and O’s.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We are just saying that we understand what we have in our system and it works for us. Our players have real issues that are beyond the X’s and O’s that are multiplied more down here which the average coach rarely deals with. Macho says that he has coached down here for years in the past. Well then he had his opportunity to showcase his skills as a “real coach” and produce some very polished kids over that time while also producing both state and national championships along the way. Maybe he can share that success with us in comparison to his counter parts of the same year?

See you would like us to throw away what is working for us on a whim that Macho and Canedude is arguing that a degree and years of coaching at a higher level is better for our kids. This is simply not true. There are countless numbers of coaches across the country that are satisfied with the product that we produced down here. And they say good job we can take it from here. With the amount of time and number of staff needed to implement some of the most sophisticated offenses and defenses we simply do not have the resources or time.

Frankly, neither Macho nor Canedude could give us anything more than what we already have. NC’s, we have that. SC’s we have that. RegC’s we have that. DivC’s we have that. All-Stars we have that. NFL’s we have that too. The truth is you can’t do a **** thing if you were able to head these programs that we are not already doing. Why? That’s because you will be restricted by the same regulations that we deal with. As I state before, the best places going right now is IMG and STA which have the structure and resources already setup to do exactly what you are talking about.

Again, I will ask, why are you not applying for these other HC jobs around here that are in desperate need of your caliber of coaching? If you really want to produce the athlete that you think that is so desperately needed in SFL why aren’t you heading those programs that are not getting the same shine as the schools that you have been campaigning against? If you spend as much time as you claim watching Hudle’s then you know that there are kids coming out of those school districts who would love to have you as a coach. If you do that you can make the same name for yourself without being a cutthroat to real coaches that go beyond the X’s and O’s.

I'll address your post paragraph by paragraph.

1. I've never coached at a school that had the talent to win a State Championship. I have produced some polished players though. My kids play early/start in college.

2. I never said a degree makes a better coach. That's retarded. Playing experience doesn't make a better coach either. Ex-NFL guys make some of the worst coaches. Coaches across the country recruit talent regardless of how well they're coached. So the "product" that we give them is irrelevant. They're recruiting our kids cause they're better athletes not cause they're coached well. There's plenty of time and resources to implement better schemes. I'm not sure what you meant by that comment. Is this your way of justifying coaches who run basic stuff play-after-after? (like Cover-1 man every down?)

3. Restricted by what regulations? And by saying we can't do a **** thing that's not already done, you're insinuating that every program in South FLA is on par with where they should be? How does that make any sense? So Dillard is maxed out? Nobody else can go in there and do better with the resources that they've been dealt? And you keep saying "we". Who is we?

4. You do understand that not every job opening is a good job opportunity, right? There's some schools in South FLA that don't deserve a good coach cause they're not willing to give him the resources needed to build a winning program. Some jobs aren't worth taking because they're too much of an uphill battle. For example, McArthur High School told my buddy that they wouldn't give on-campus jobs to position coaches. Refused to. They also told him that if he was gonna be HC they'd expect him to teach a full 7 periods. Meanwhile, when my buddy was HC at Coral Springs 2 seasons ago he had his whole coaching staff working on campus in some capacity. These are the little things that make a difference. Some schools have no booster club and poor parent/community support. Some schools are in talent-less neighborhoods. Some schools are in neighborhoods that get raided for talent by the private schools. NOT EVERY SCHOOL HAS THE SAME CEILING. Would you consider Cooper City High School a great coaching opportunity? Probably not. I would. They have unlimited community support, a huge booster clubs with buttloads of money and they're in a joke district. With a good staff they can win that district every year and possibly go deep into the playoffs. Point I'm making is, not every school is ready to do what it takes to win. Not every school has the talent in their neighborhood needed to win. I love the school I'm at. They appreciate football and they show it by how much money and time they invest in it. (and in us) I have no desire to coach at Jackson, Norland, Ely, Boyd Anderson, Dillard, Central, etc.
And I can't do nothing but LOL @ your last comment. Real coaches who go beyond X's and O's. You're right, they go way beyond them. So much so that they completely ignore them. LOL

Eight State Championships in the last four years between the two of them. Larry (My Boi Blue) says not too shabby. So I'd say stop going to Al Golden camps, and stop going to clinics with those TX guys from Katy High. Get you some dry erase markers, come to hood camp MIAMI and learn son "cat ball"....

Last edited:
This thread has lasted longer than Grandpa Luke's relevance as a rapper.

Advertisement
If it was 100 pages of hate for Luke and SFL HS Football you would have no problem with the thread. But when the truth comes false hood looks for away to vanish... lol I'm sure an Admin will soon throw you a life preserver.... lol

Last edited:

Eight State Championships in the last four years between the two of them. Larry (My Boi Blue) says not too shabby. So I'd say stop going to Al Golden camps, and stop going to clinics with those TX guys from Katy High. Get you some dry erase markers, come to hood camp MIAMI and learn son "cat ball"....

Like i said before it pretty obvious coaches outta state just jeolous they dont have the access to athletes from here so they have to discredit what these guys are doing down here. Since they didnt talk proper enough for you guys they cant coach? Coach bush had a GREAT defense last year and he was head coach/ defensive coordinator so he did something right. Its plenty of good coaching around here i can care less about some coaching clinic they can coach & lead a group of kids

Advertisement
It was documented that Luke represented the U way before the team had any success. And it was also said that he actually contributed to the schools national image by making it cool to be Cane and was labeled as booster for his financial contributions. Not to mention his reported ability to inspire potential recruits to sign with the U and encourage existing players to play harder in games. So, I would say he's a bigger fan than the franchise.

Amen- truth hurts

Advertisement
Back