Uncle Luke steps down as HS coach!

And even with all our flaws that you listed with our coaches TX still can't field a team to whoop nothing in SFL!

Advertisement
And even with all our flaws that you listed with our coaches TX still can't field a team to whoop nothing in SFL!

Yet, imagine how much better SFL kids would be with real coaches across the board, and legit institutional backing. They are ahead DESPITE the mediocre coaching a lot of them are receiving. I know coaches in Texas and California would kill to get for a lot of these youngsters. Texas and Cali kids are more polished(reflection of coaching), but what you get in South Florida is unique. The athleticism here is off the charts, and once you successfully unteach a lot of the garbage they were taught by idiots like Luke, the sky is the limit.

Well I disagree with the notion that a degree and having played at a certain level qualifies you as a real coach nor does it equate to players being more polished after they finish at that level. I think those tactics are implemented to restrict the number of positive Men that look like these kids from holding influential positions of power at an early age. Also, we have had a number of coaches over the years that have degrees and played at the highest level of football right here at the U. A number of HC's and Scouts around the league were shocked that after a number of years in college some of these players didn't learn a **** thing about playing the position. So you can kill that theory. There are a number of guys that coach on every level with success and they haven't played a down or completed a degree program. If you can coach you can coach.

Last edited:
Why hasn't Ropa unplugged his PC yet?

More importantly when do we see a Dnofrio vs Luke peewee superbowl?

Advertisement
The only difference between Uncle Luke and Nevin Shapiro is that at least Shapiro had the stones to back up his threat. Uncle Luke is a punk *****.

Coaching down here is nit nearly as bad as yall make it out to be stfu with that, yall mention a game 2 years ago from luke but ignore the fact that he coached the 2nd best defensive team in all of dade county last year. Then yall tag up on him but yall dont know how much he does for the inner city community and such

Advertisement
Coaching down here is nit nearly as bad as yall make it out to be stfu with that, yall mention a game 2 years ago from luke but ignore the fact that he coached the 2nd best defensive team in all of dade county last year. Then yall tag up on him but yall dont know how much he does for the inner city community and such

from what i have heard, he does do a lot for the community, that is his responsibility in my opinion, and he should be commended for this. that he's a great coach, that is remarkable.

but that he's endangered the UM football program (first when he as a "punk" and then later as a "grown *** adult") and had a few sissy fits when he has not gotten his way, that is undeniable. he should be banned forever from campus and the program and continue to do the good that he apparently is doing elsewhere.

Philosophical question: If a guy who isn't a football coach resigns from a football coaching position did he really resign?

Where yall get this narrative from? Luke one of the best defensive coordinators down here

Which is a scathing indictment of the garbage coaching these young men receive at some of these schools. It's a shame that these young men, who are some of the most talented young players in the country, are coached by ex rappers who have little if any football experience. I couldn't imagine this happening in my home state of Texas, even at crappy schools, you have to have at least a college degree, at the very least, you have to have played at that level. There are legit coaches in South Florida, but there are far too many talent pimps masquerading as football coaches.

This narrative is not true its plenty of good highschool coaches all across miami broward county, and jusg cause u didnt play football dont mean you dont know football

Think of all the fatherless children he's responsible for with his "booty jams"

Philosophical question: If a guy who isn't a football coach resigns from a football coaching position did he really resign?

Where yall get this narrative from? Luke one of the best defensive coordinators down here

Which is a scathing indictment of the garbage coaching these young men receive at some of these schools. It's a shame that these young men, who are some of the most talented young players in the country, are coached by ex rappers who have little if any football experience. I couldn't imagine this happening in my home state of Texas, even at crappy schools, you have to have at least a college degree, at the very least, you have to have played at that level. There are legit coaches in South Florida, but there are far too many talent pimps masquerading as football coaches.

This narrative is not true its plenty of good highschool coaches all across miami broward county, and jusg cause u didnt play football dont mean you dont know football

Selective reading is not your friend, I pointed out that there are good coaches out there, but it's not an accident that south florida coaches are seen as lightweights in a lot of circles. I understand guys from the neighborhood being coaches in optimist football, but they shouldn't be coordinators at the high school level, and that's what Luke was. I don't get how you can successfully coach at the high school level, if you don't have the educational background to teach.

Advertisement
Coaching down here is nit nearly as bad as yall make it out to be

You're right, it's worse.

How many coaching clinics do you go to? (to see some of these local guys speak)
How much Hudl film do you watch?

The coaching down there is atrocious.

Guys like Luke coach JUST TO SAY THEY COACH. They don't do anything to perfect their craft. That applies to a lot of coaches in South FLA.

Like honestly, what makes anybody think Luke would be a good coach? I haven't seen him at ONE SINGLE CLINIC anywhere in Florida. He wasn't at The U's Coaching Social that Golden had, and that **** was free and in his hometown.
Who's he learning from? Where's he getting his stuff? How's he working on his craft?

I go to clinics every year. The ONLY TIME I see South FLA guys is when they're asked to speak because they won a state championship. (BTW's staff, Central's staff, Flanagan's staff, Mike Rumph when he won a SC at Heritage, etc) And their clinics are an absolute joke compared to the Texas coaches that show up to speak. The HC at Katy high school made our South FLA high school guys look like optimist coaches last year. The South FLA guys don't even show up with slides/power points, they're on stage drawing **** with dry erase markers. LOL
Most of these guys don't care enough to make the trip to Orlando or Tampa (never mind out of state) to learn from anybody. Exactly how are you getting better as a coach?

Everything Luke knows he learned down here in the hood. That's why that MF plays nothing but Cover-1 Press-Man. (aka "cat ball")

Anybody who lines up in press-man versus a trips/bunch formation doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Period. That's all I needed to see.

Anybody who puts players in a position to be compromised by NCAA violations is no fan of the program.

Advertisement
Bottom line there is a lot of jealousy involved here due to the success of the coaches in SFL. It is something that has evolved into another opportunistic tool to exploit the exposure as a HC and\or Coordinator to advance ones career. There are countless of HS programs across the states which have the same level of coaching or lack thereof. And no one is causing a fuss about those jobs. Ray Charles can see why. Coaching like any Profession has many outlets for knowledge. Like those professions you have the right to choose them. Just because they don’t show up to the one that you frequent doesn’t mean that they’re not learning and improving as coaches. When the year ends the team’s performance will ultimately determine if the job is kept or not.

TX and CA are just as F’d up as every other state across the country. Even with all of the regulations and funding. It’s just that SFL has the spotlight right now and everyone sees an opportunity that they can exploit. It’s the same thing with land usage today in the inner city. Someone sees that you own prime real estate and you are not making good use of it. Then they are soon to create the atmosphere to maneuver you up out of there and take it away from you. And that’s just it SFL HS Football is the prime real estate today. But to imply that these kids will learn more football with a coach that has a degree is absurd. About the best thing going right now is what IMG and STA are doing - a program geared toward football which allows the coaches to spend the amount of time needed to teach the skills that you guys talking about.

Luke is ready made for these tactics because of his celebrity and the attention that can be gained.

Guys like Luke coach JUST TO SAY THEY COACH. They don't do anything to perfect their craft. That applies to a lot of coaches in South FLA.

Like honestly, what makes anybody think Luke would be a good coach? I haven't seen him at ONE SINGLE CLINIC anywhere in Florida. He wasn't at The U's Coaching Social that Golden had, and that **** was free and in his hometown.
Who's he learning from? Where's he getting his stuff? How's he working on his craft?

I go to clinics every year. The ONLY TIME I see South FLA guys is when they're asked to speak because they won a state championship. (BTW's staff, Central's staff, Flanagan's staff, Mike Rumph when he won a SC at Heritage, etc) And their clinics are an absolute joke compared to the Texas coaches that show up to speak. The HC at Katy high school made our South FLA high school guys look like optimist coaches last year. The South FLA guys don't even show up with slides/power points, they're on stage drawing **** with dry erase markers. LOL
Most of these guys don't care enough to make the trip to Orlando or Tampa (never mind out of state) to learn from anybody. Exactly how are you getting better as a coach?

Everything Luke knows he learned down here in the hood. That's why that MF plays nothing but Cover-1 Press-Man. (aka "cat ball")

Anybody who lines up in press-man versus a trips/bunch formation doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Period. That's all I needed to see.

You really sound like you hating on coaches from down here just from saying they dont go to freaking clinics and use markers instead of power points. You dont know what they are doing to get better on their on time but whatever with your false narrative. And even if they dont sound as nerdy intelligent as some when speaking about football to yall dont mean they cant coach their kids. Norland, Central, Booker t, Flanagan, Columbus, Carol City, St thomas, Miramar up until the issues they had, Northwesten, American heritage, etc all have real good coaching and its more that i failed to mention

Bottom line there is a lot of jealousy involved here due to the success of the coaches in SFL. It is something that has evolved into another opportunistic tool to exploit the exposure as a HC and\or Coordinator to advance ones career. There are countless of HS programs across the states which have the same level of coaching or lack thereof. And no one is causing a fuss about those jobs. Ray Charles can see why. Coaching like any Profession has many outlets for knowledge. Like those professions you have the right to choose them. Just because they don’t show up to the one that you frequent doesn’t mean that they’re not learning and improving as coaches. When the year ends the team’s performance will ultimately determine if the job is kept or not.

TX and CA are just as F’d up as every other state across the country. Even with all of the regulations and funding. It’s just that SFL has the spotlight right now and everyone sees an opportunity that they can exploit. It’s the same thing with land usage today in the inner city. Someone sees that you own prime real estate and you are not making good use of it. Then they are soon to create the atmosphere to maneuver you up out of there and take it away from you. And that’s just it SFL HS Football is the prime real estate today. But to imply that these kids will learn more football with a coach that has a degree is absurd. About the best thing going right now is what IMG and STA are doing - a program geared toward football which allows the coaches to spend the amount of time needed to teach the skills that you guys talking about.

Luke is ready made for these tactics because of his celebrity and the attention that can be gained.

You hit it on the head man its disrespectful to say coaching down here terrible especially with the reasons macho said

You right, they think they are helping but they are really hurting SFL football. That's why we should challenge them everywhere.

Advertisement
Back