Uncle Luke steps down as HS coach!

It was documented that Luke represented the U way before the team had any success. And it was also said that he actually contributed to the schools national image by making it cool to be Cane and was labeled as booster for his financial contributions. Not to mention his reported ability to inspire potential recruits to sign with the U and encourage existing players to play harder in games. So, I would say he's a bigger fan than the franchise.

Well documented? That is absolutely false.

Luke is a front runner with UM and has never been shy to disparage the school.

Advertisement
You all sound like the App St chick. If any of these allegations were true he would not be around the program. He was on campus as recently as this summer. So keep throwing ish at the wall hoping that it stick. As Blake would say, we find nothing that support these allegations but we will continue to look into it and keep you posted.

Miami was already winning national championships long before Luke started showing up around the program. He just jumped on a bandwagon. He threatened to snitch after Butch ran him off. Neither Coker, Shannon, Golden or Richt has wanted anything to do with him. He's resulted to bad mouthing the program since he can't ride their coat tails anymore. If buying things for players makes you a big fan, than some of you buffoons must think Nevin Shapiro is the biggest UM fan of all time.

If you guys can put the same energy that you are using to point out how Luke's comments may have affected the program nationally in the past. Then today you should put that same energy towards the garbage that you guys write, support and encourage about the same institution and its players.

>>> Still using ad hominem in 2016

If any of these allegations were true he would not be around the program. He was on campus as recently as this summer..
He's not around the program. He's not allowed near the players or the athletic department. I can walk around campus all day but that doesn't mean I'm some kind of football booster. He's had to resort to getting invited by FAMU to stand on their sidelines during the Miami/FAMU game.

Advertisement
Luke is a polarizing figure. I venture to guess, and assume, most of the fans who are against him are white, and the ones who think he's ok are black, on average. This is furthur amplified, if you're not from Miami or south Florida, and in these communities . He definitely has done and said some questionable things in the past, also some good. I know this though, Luke is active in alot of these kids from the inner city lives. And when they go to Miami , some of you cheer for them but reality is some will never get it. So maybe in a by gone era he would be all Miami, but now it's more of, what's best for these kids. Be It Louisville or FSU. Which sucks for us. But if a kid has a choice and UM is in it, he'll push them towards Miami. He pushed Amari Cooper to Miami, and they let him go to Bama. At this point he's a headache we don't need imo. Because at times there are kids that are not Miami caliber and then he throws a temper tantrum, because Miami doesn't want the kid. Then u have to question if he really supports Miami. My take on it.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I use to like Luke but I have come to the conclusion that he has nothing left to cling to so he is a washed up, bitter man right now.

Makes no money off his music seeing that he lost his entire catalog in bankruptcy and it was bought by someone else. (his music has been sampled numerous times and he doesnt make a dime off it. Ask French Montana who he had to contact to get the clearance for "Pop That". Luke was hounding him for a check and Diddy broke him off something on "G" code because Luke didnt have the rights to the publishing on his own music. True Story.)

And now he has been trying to cling to Dade county football to no avail. UM will probably turn there back on him for good now because we dont need him anymore to give the staff a hood pass. Richt is jumpin in and out of the hood, making speeches, leading prayer and choppin it up like its nothing.

He is useless to us now. Hope he has copies of "The U". Thats his last claim to fame as it pertains to this program.

When are you going to learn. The Franchise is gone... I closed that ***r down! But I give you crash dummies credit for standing in the paint even though your leader been left the building.... lol

Advertisement
Can you show me some of this 1970's documentation, [MENTION=14822]Ropa[/MENTION]?

I use to like Luke but I have come to the conclusion that he has nothing left to cling to so he is a washed up, bitter man right now.

Makes no money off his music seeing that he lost his entire catalog in bankruptcy and it was bought by someone else. (his music has been sampled numerous times and he doesnt make a dime off it. Ask French Montana who he had to contact to get the clearance for "Pop That". Luke was hounding him for a check and Diddy broke him off something on "G" code because Luke didnt have the rights to the publishing on his own music. True Story.)

And now he has been trying to cling to Dade county football to no avail. UM will probably turn there back on him for good now because we dont need him anymore to give the staff a hood pass. Richt is jumpin in and out of the hood, making speeches, leading prayer and choppin it up like its nothing.

He is useless to us now. Hope he has copies of "The U". Thats his last claim to fame as it pertains to this program.

When are you going to learn. The Franchise is gone... I closed that ***r down! But I give you crash dummies credit for standing in the paint even though your leader been left the building.... lol

This is what happens when ypu grow up without a dad. poor kid never jad a chance in life.

I didn't read through this whole thread but I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that his wife is now in the sport agent business and he is funneling S. Fla ballers to her.

Luke is a polarizing figure. I venture to guess, and assume, most of the fans who are against him are white, and the ones who think he's ok are black, on average. This is furthur amplified, if you're not from Miami or south Florida, and in these communities . He definitely has done and said some questionable things in the past, also some good. I know this though, Luke is active in alot of these kids from the inner city lives. And when they go to Miami , some of you cheer for them but reality is some will never get it. So maybe in a by gone era he would be all Miami, but now it's more of, what's best for these kids. Be It Louisville or FSU. Which sucks for us. But if a kid has a choice and UM is in it, he'll push them towards Miami. He pushed Amari Cooper to Miami, and they let him go to Bama. At this point he's a headache we don't need imo. Because at times there are kids that are not Miami caliber and then he throws a temper tantrum, because Miami doesn't want the kid. Then u have to question if he really supports Miami. My take on it.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Not true at all on the racial characterization. There are PLENTY of white dorks that think he's cool or that getting to meet him or be around him gives them some sort of City of Miami "cred". I already mentioned Cohen but there are plenty of other white and Hispanic media members that still cozy up to him down here as some sort of emblem of the program and our fanbase and again- to think they themselves are cool. And for every one of those dorks there are many more just in the general public.

I don't know your racial background but there are also plenty of black fans that are also willing to readily admit that his "loyalty" is to other things (or his own self interest) way before it is to UM Football.

Advertisement
Luke might have "represented" the U before they had any success, but he was a nobody before 1985, and I'm pretty sure Miami won a national title before 1985.

In the end his contributions to the U, to his community, to the city government, to the first amendment is more than each of you could ever do.

Advertisement
In the end his contributions to the U, to his community, to the city government, to the first amendment is more than each of you could ever do.

image.gif

Ok, let's see... So far I have read comments about how Luke is all for himself. Well, how many of you are volunteering your time to the Miami and Broward county communities where a lot of these U players grow up? How many of these kids have you helped financially before college? How many of you have helped any of the players in these communities find a college to better their future? Luke has done and is doing it for these kids today. You guys are the biggest leaches of them all. You turn on them so fast it's a shame.

Advertisement
Back