Swasey

Advertisement
Butch Davis is a Football God.

Said it before and I'll say it again, never gets old. Made my morning. Butch is a football God. The Creator of the greatest team in the history of college football. As far as Swasey goes I think Brooklyndee is the only one on the board to train under Swasey and one of the few to have played for the Canes so I'll take what he says as the most informed opinion. Nothing tops experience.

Go Canes!

Maybe if swasey dropped his clients when he was here and actually passed his ****ing certification he wouldnt be working at a community college with a washed up coach.

As with the majority of yall you don't know what you're talking about. But if it helps you to get through the day then do u.

** Opening the playbook
** Kaaya staying
** Signing Holloman
** Swasey a beast at S&C

Forgive me if I think you're full of chit

As i said do you.

Advertisement
Swasey is a terrible strength coach.

However, he is probably the best Butch could do at FIU for the budget that will be available.

Well for all yall that think butch is a God but swasey is horrible this might hurt your feelings. Swasey just dropped all his private clients for off season work outs & draft prep to take the strength job for butch at FIU... for any of yall that really have trouble with this swasey is a beast. Has the fast fast twitch regimen in the country & it's not even close. Yall get mad cause he didn't agree with Alfred & that's the pot calling the kettle black if ever I seen it. Gus needs to start incorporating fast twitch into his workouts. It's integral to a kid truly developing explosiveness & limbering up the muscles.

This is embarrassing.

Fast twitch regimen? Ok.

You mean he was able to train fast kids from Florida? Big ****ing deal.

Lol. Funny ain't it how other than yall Internet savages everyone of those fast kids from Florida all swear by the man... but you're right yall know better because you read about what he's responsible for on the internet... seems pretty hypocritical. Guess none of us know what we're talking about.

The most ridiculous thing about Swasey was that he did the job literally by himself. He had no staff.

Swasey was the co strength coach with Rob Phillips when Phillips left in 2001 with Butch. I do not believe that Swasey ever hired a co strength coach during his time at Miami.

Now we have Gus Felder as the Director of Strength and Conditioning, John Thomas as Associate Strength and Conditioning Coach and Kellin Johnson as Assistant Director of Strength and Conditioning.

We also have a ton of interns that assist the staff now.

Swasey may understand strength and conditioning better than anyone (he does not); however, he has no idea how to run a strength program. We suffered tremendously from this perspective during his reign.

I'm certainly no expert but I'm sure most top S&C guys in the country incorporate fast twitch/explosive movement/short burst training into their workouts. You'd be a fool not to. To imply Swasey cornered the market on fast twitch training strains credulity.

You'd be wrong.

Advertisement
This is embarrassing.

Fast twitch regimen? Ok.

You mean he was able to train fast kids from Florida? Big ****ing deal.

Lol. Funny ain't it how other than yall Internet savages everyone of those fast kids from Florida all swear by the man... but you're right yall know better because you read about what he's responsible for on the internet... seems pretty hypocritical. Guess none of us know what we're talking about.
You're a ******* moron. Read my other post, use your ******* brain and get back to me. If you just want to blurt **** out because you're emotional then waste someone else's time.

I'm certainly no expert but I'm sure most top S&C guys in the country incorporate fast twitch/explosive movement/short burst training into their workouts. You'd be a fool not to. To imply Swasey cornered the market on fast twitch training strains credulity.
Amen brother.

He is probably the best Butch could do at FIU for the budget that will be available.

Well for all yall that think butch is a God but swasey is horrible this might hurt your feelings. Swasey just dropped all his private clients for off season work outs & draft prep to take the strength job for butch at FIU... for any of yall that really have trouble with this swasey is a beast. Has the fast fast twitch regimen in the country & it's not even close. Yall get mad cause he didn't agree with Alfred & that's the pot calling the kettle black if ever I seen it. Gus needs to start incorporating fast twitch into his workouts. It's integral to a kid truly developing explosiveness & limbering up the muscles.

I really have no clue how good or bad Swasey is at being a S&C coach, so I'm not debating the hire.

But that bold and underlined part seems accurate.

Advertisement
It's a little different having a small group of private clients vs. running a strength program for over 100 football players. How can you possibly do that on your own?

Swasey belongs at LA Fitness.

If Butch makes him hire a staff it may work.

And FYI [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] the players think highly of Gus and he's a breath of fresh air from Swasey. That's per a player.

Word is he's more detailed.

FYI the players love gus. Those same players who had been working with gus this year then started doing draft prep the last month with swasey (Stacy coley,David njoku,Adrian colbert,corn elder are the only um kids & they ALL said they feel FAR more explosive & prepared) that's per those players who all now are working with Pete Bomarito. As with everything else yall feel free to take it as you wish. People handle the truth differently. That's not a complaint about gus. Personally I love the man. But there's things he could change a lil. That's what training is. Doing what's right by each individual player instead of assigning a group of individuals the same workouts & waiting for results.

Advertisement
I can't say for sure but Swasey seemed to be scared about losing his job and never wanted to delegate responsibility.

Larry Coker hired him.

There was no chance Randy Shannon would ever fire Andrew Swaysey.

Al Golden just didn't give a ****.

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat. Im sure Swasey is still a good S&C coach/personal trainer. I think he fell behind the times regarding how to run a S&C PROGRAM. Im sure he is fine with a small group but he wasnt cutting it for the whole program. Maybe not all his fault with the resources he was handed but at some point you have to stand up. Add in the fact that he wasnt allowed in the weight room at some point in time, he had to go!!

At one point we had a strength coach with no staff that was not allowed in the weight room because he was not certified.

Can anyone actually fathom that?

And FYI [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] the players think highly of Gus and he's a breath of fresh air from Swasey. That's per a player.

Word is he's more detailed.

FYI the players love gus. Those same players who had been working with gus this year then started doing draft prep the last month with swasey (Stacy coley,David njoku,Adrian colbert,corn elder are the only um kids & they ALL said they feel FAR more explosive & prepared) that's per those players who all now are working with Pete Bomarito. As with everything else yall feel free to take it as you wish. People handle the truth differently. That's not a complaint about gus. Personally I love the man. But there's things he could change a lil. That's what training is. Doing what's right by each individual player instead of assigning a group of individuals the same workouts & waiting for results.

I really dislike this passive aggressive ****. It's nonsensical bullsh1t. Once again, we just had a walk-on go with Pete describe the workouts. Just about every single college football program works on fast twitch workouts.

If you're such an expert on this, then explain to me what you want done.

One thing I've seen thus far in year 1 under Gus compared to the last decade with Swasey:

Gus - Our team wasn't getting pushed around or looked slow and sluggish during a game.
Swasey - Our team was constantly getting beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We also ranged from our team being too slim and not having much muscle with Randy. To being all strength with no conditioning with Golden.

Advertisement
Back