Swasey

Advertisement
Maybe if swasey dropped his clients when he was here and actually passed his ****ing certification he wouldnt be working at a community college with a washed up coach.

As with the majority of yall you don't know what you're talking about. But if it helps you to get through the day then do u.

** Opening the playbook
** Kaaya staying
** Signing Holloman
** Swasey a beast at S&C

Forgive me if I think you're full of chit

For real.

This guys run as a fake insider should've come long ago.

Mods - when is this dude going to get 86'd?

I have always thought Swasey was a good speed coach. Our skill guys tested fast and that was never really the issue. He also seems like a good dude, someone these guys look at like a father figure. Some players are motivated by guys like that while others are motivated by bigger personalities like Guy or Scott Cochran. Everyone is different.

But Swasey failed miserably as a functional strength coach for the olinemen and front 7 on defense. Those guys routinely got pushed around and gassed. He needed a guy like Gus to do that piece.

The biggest issue of all, and embarrassment, was the finding out he failed certification. That should NEVER happen to anyone who is supposedly at the top of their profession. Would you call a Dr who fails medical re-certifications a great doctor? Would you trust your life with him? What about an agent who fails NFL certification testing? Or a banker? Would you trust your money with those guys? That was the final straw for most fans. If Butch wasn't at FIU, would Swasey have gotten another chance in college football?

Last edited:
Love Dee. But Swasey is a bum. When you're a strength coach who has to mime the workouts through the gym window, then you're garbage.

He dropped his private clients? You mean FIU stole him from LA Fitness? Power move.

Advertisement
Maybe if swasey dropped his clients when he was here and actually passed his ****ing certification he wouldnt be working at a community college with a washed up coach.

As with the majority of yall you don't know what you're talking about. But if it helps you to get through the day then do u.

Explain this then--- if swasey was.so good what was he doing during the Coker and Shannon eras?

Everyone bagging on Swasey, but:

1. As strength coach he followed the orders of head coach, so you blame head coach for the team workout results.
2. Did not have the same resources as Felder in terms of personnel or nutrition.
3. Still has a good reputation as NFL players and prospects continue to hire him.

#3 is such a tired argument. Swasey happens to live in a place many professional athletes live/visit in their off time. Do you think if Swasey lived in Boise, Idaho those same players would hire him?

Number 1 is just as bad. Coaches want fast strong players. It's upon the SC coach to get it done. Swasey didnt have the knowledge to get it done. Moffit was the guy responsible for the gains we made under butch. Swasey players died In the 4th and the last half of the season under Coker, Shannon, and Golden

And FYI [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] the players think highly of Gus and he's a breath of fresh air from Swasey. That's per a player.

Word is he's more detailed.

FYI the players love gus. Those same players who had been working with gus this year then started doing draft prep the last month with swasey (Stacy coley,David njoku,Adrian colbert,corn elder are the only um kids & they ALL said they feel FAR more explosive & prepared) that's per those players who all now are working with Pete Bomarito. As with everything else yall feel free to take it as you wish. People handle the truth differently. That's not a complaint about gus. Personally I love the man. But there's things he could change a lil. That's what training is. Doing what's right by each individual player instead of assigning a group of individuals the same workouts & waiting for results.

For the record, I think you're totally full of sh@t.

Advertisement
I know a few coaches that were on FIUs staff as of last year (a few are still there). As of now, Swasey isn't the head strength and conditioning coach. He's an assistant.

Here's a pic of Butch letting the team know that Chad Smith was being retained as the guy in charge of S&C. If you zoom in, you'll see Swasey in the back.

[TWEET]818239674628079617[/TWEET]

Florida International University Panthers - Staff Directory

Last edited:
I know a few coaches that were on FIUs staff as of last year (a few are still there). As of now, Swasey isn't the head strength and conditioning coach. He's an assistant.

Here's a pic of Butch letting the team know that Chad Smith was being retained as the guy in charge of S&C. If you zoom in, you'll see Swasey in the back.

/dead @ starting a thread over an assistant streRngth corch for FIU

You're a fkn tease......

Well for all yall that think butch is a God but swasey is horrible this might hurt your feelings. Swasey just dropped all his private clients for off season work outs & draft prep to take the strength job for butch at FIU... for any of yall that really have trouble with this swasey is a beast. Has the fast fast twitch regimen in the country & it's not even close. Yall get mad cause he didn't agree with Alfred & that's the pot calling the kettle black if ever I seen it. Gus needs to start incorporating fast twitch into his workouts. It's integral to a kid truly developing explosiveness & limbering up the muscles.

Good stuff.
Will he be training his FIU kids via Skype?

Lol. Dude can't even be in the gym because he can't pass certification.

Advertisement
I would guess that if the perception of swasey as elite in his profession was shared by anyone outside of the people that went through miami he would have had a better job than this by now. LOL at assistant at FIU.

Advertisement
BrooklynRetard taking Ls for months now. Dude is full of ****. Look how long it took Randy to get a DC job. Swasey was.trash and everybody knew it. His academic resume was a Joke! He had a degree in sociology lol.... No science background at all. He was a assistant under Moffit one year. This should even be a topic.

Dude sucked and Miami sucked because of his ineptitude. Hes gone and no one cares besides Duke, Denzel, Morris and BrooklynD

Well for all yall that think butch is a God but swasey is horrible this might hurt your feelings. Swasey just dropped all his private clients for off season work outs & draft prep to take the strength job for butch at FIU... for any of yall that really have trouble with this swasey is a beast. Has the fast fast twitch regimen in the country & it's not even close. Yall get mad cause he didn't agree with Alfred & that's the pot calling the kettle black if ever I seen it. Gus needs to start incorporating fast twitch into his workouts. It's integral to a kid truly developing explosiveness & limbering up the muscles.

Well...I'll just say that the team looked, played and finished better than they have in years.
Seems Gus and his staff is doing just fine.

Advertisement
Back