Some thoughts on UNC loss

Also, havent seen anyone comment on how good George looked returning punts. He is a natural back there and I didn’t hold my breath or cringe watching him field punts *knock on wood*. Slippery athlete who more times than not will make first man miss. Keep him back there, shouldn't have taken this long.
Freshman have to prove 79 times they are worth playing and then again another 10 times

Advertisement
Also, havent seen anyone comment on how good George looked returning punts. He is a natural back there and I didn’t hold my breath or cringe watching him field punts *knock on wood*. Slippery athlete who more times than not will make first man miss. Keep him back there, shouldn't have taken this long.
we can say that about a lot of the players

Flagg is a step too slow. Would love to see what Austin-Cave or Chase Smith (striker to LB) could do. Is it time to turn the page on Sam Brooks and Avery Huff getting extended looks at LB?

Dont know if they were hurt but i saw Avery Huff friday night in Hollywood so knew he wasnt dressing out.

Didnt feel like asking him about UM or anything just dapped up

Advertisement
He showed some wiggle. For the first time in what seems like forever, we actually had room to run punts back. Most space I've seen in years. I don't know if we changed our approach or UNC punter had bad hang time.

Jaquan Johnson was a tackler, not a hitter, and he is playing on Monday Night Football tonight without half of the Williams Brothers' talent.

This is the one. I truly, truly am completely confused, flabbergasted, flummoxed....the most shocked adjective you can find about the total and utter regression with the older kids on this team. And miss me with only blaming Manny. That's so ridiculously short-sighted. Manny's defense is the same one that Quan Johnson flourished in. But as you said, he was a tackler. He was solid. He never missed an assignment. So why couldn't Carter figure it out? Why are Hall and Bolden worse today than they were at this time last year? It's not because Manny forgot how to coach. It's just something so incredibly odd, again I simply cannot wrap my mind around it.

Quan and Sheldrick have been collecting NFL checks with half the measurables of the kids I mentioned, and less than half of the Williams' or even Kinchens. Nothing they do athletically is elite. Yet, they're pros. Gurvan Hall is about to be going pro in catering. Why? And for someone like Bolden, isn't not like he's always sucked, the first half of last year he was a heat seeking missile, now he's completely invisible in games. What the **** happened to these kids?
Somewhat not true on Sheldrick.

He is/was athletic check his combine./workout numbers they were surprising.

Gurvan Hall athleticism is in line with Quan. He isnt a good athlete and doesnt have the iq , heart, or want to make up for it like Quan does.

Bolden has regressed...he never was a good tackler..just was submarining himself everywhere. Not sure what casused the regression. He's been better than Hall though who has been relly bad save for 1 game this year

Advertisement
Have never seen a worse tackling college football team, definitely not a worse Miami team. It would be funny, if not so sad. Miami has two (2) styles or approaches:
It's either a reachy arm tackle, which anyone who spends a day in the weight room can run through; or trying to blow up the ball carrier with a single shoulder blow and without an attempt to wrap up. This is perhaps even more embarrassing since the defender thinks he's hot **** for laying the lumber, only the ball carrier just bounces off and cruises for a bit because Cane defenders can't be bothered running to the ball.
Manny has touted the fact that he teaches the Seattle Seahawk approach of contact and rolling the ball carrier to the ground. Haven't seen it. Whatever Miami is attempting shouldn't be taught to an Optimist team. It's awful.

I would say more TVD. He missed throws he needs to make.

It might just be about getting into rhythm. He can't fall back on perfect fundamentals like some others.
First offensive play of the game is a 20 yard gain if TVD is on target.

Jaquan Johnson was a tackler, not a hitter, and he is playing on Monday Night Football tonight without half of the Williams Brothers' talent.

This is the one. I truly, truly am completely confused, flabbergasted, flummoxed....the most shocked adjective you can find about the total and utter regression with the older kids on this team. And miss me with only blaming Manny. That's so ridiculously short-sighted. Manny's defense is the same one that Quan Johnson flourished in. But as you said, he was a tackler. He was solid. He never missed an assignment. So why couldn't Carter figure it out? Why are Hall and Bolden worse today than they were at this time last year? It's not because Manny forgot how to coach. It's just something so incredibly odd, again I simply cannot wrap my mind around it.

Quan and Sheldrick have been collecting NFL checks with half the measurables of the kids I mentioned, and less than half of the Williams' or even Kinchens. Nothing they do athletically is elite. Yet, they're pros. Gurvan Hall is about to be going pro in catering. Why? And for someone like Bolden, isn't not like he's always sucked, the first half of last year he was a heat seeking missile, now he's completely invisible in games. What the **** happened to these kids?
I think there are many factors. Film study forsure is one. Effort is another. I’m also very sure having Shaq and Pickney in front of you had to have helped somewhat. I honestly wonder if kids think that someone isn’t going to their job so they compensate and only make things worse.

It’s wild to watch I just knew watching Gurvan HS film he was going to be a day 1 pick I mean nick saban landed a heli for the kid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Somewhat not true on Sheldrick.

He is/was athletic check his combine./workout numbers they were surprising.

Gurvan Hall athleticism is in line with Quan. He isnt a good athlete and doesnt have the iq , heart, or want to make up for it like Quan does.

Bolden has regressed...he never was a good tackler..just was submarining himself everywhere. Not sure what casused the regression. He's been better than Hall though who has been relly bad save for 1 game this year
It’s almost as if players don’t get better under this staff. Weird.

Advertisement
Back