Some thoughts on UNC loss

I agree it has to be something. But I just said in another thread, Quan never missed a tackle. The DC is the same guy. Why was he so solid and the current kids so bad? Bandy was a good tackler his first year or two as a 5'3 145 pounder. Now we don't have anyone who can tackle anybody? Is it really possible that the entire fundamentals have changed from when he got here to now?
CMD is just in over his head OBM. He's got too many other responsibilities that he's held accountable for overseeing that he didn't have with CMR as the CEO. That's the biggest and only difference...but it matters...

In Year 2 CMR hit 10 wins, won the Coastal and SHOULD'VE won the OB vs Wisconsin had we not gotten stuck with referees who called the game like they were Wisconsin grads...

Advertisement
It won't happen, but I wish the staff would put in 41 at striker for 10-20 plays. If Gil's on the chit list with the staff (must be, as Carter gets way more run), then why not play Chase? We only have three guys at that position, right?

Give me Chase at 230 next year and transition to MLB. Chase, Keontra, James Williams, Kinchens, Tae and Tyrique...that's a ton of speed with dudes who can hit and tackle, too.

I'm serious. I've said it so many times recently. We're honestly cursed. I think it might be the OB, I'm not sure. Maybe it's the turnover chain. But no program on the planet takes 1 step forward and 2 steps back more than this one.
I think our curse is Blake James

I agree it has to be something. But I just said in another thread, Quan never missed a tackle. The DC is the same guy. Why was he so solid and the current kids so bad? Bandy was a good tackler his first year or two as a 5'3 145 pounder. Now we don't have anyone who can tackle anybody? Is it really possible that the entire fundamentals have changed from when he got here to now?
I think Manny does less focus on actual tackling and simulates it in practice while Richt was old school and tackling was always a priority. It's the only thing that makes sense. Manny basically confirmed he doesn't always tackle to help avoid injuries but it seems its having the opposite effect because our guys aren't used to being tackled and now they are dropping like flies.

Advertisement
Our victories last year came against teams that finished the year 6-3(UAB), 4-7, 3-6, 6-5, 8-4, 5-6, 2-9. The two times we had to play a team with half a pulse we got massacred.

Blame only yourselves if you bought into this being a top 50 team in the nation.
And a healthy King saved us from losing some of those games. We'd be 5-1 with the King we saw last year right now.

And if we aren't going to transition Chase to LB, then play Troutman over Flagg and start this year IMO. Here's some highlights if we forgot what kind of thumper he is.

Closest thing to Rohan I've seen since he left Miami. Not near the ball player yet, dude ain't scared to throw his body around.

Advertisement
Also, havent seen anyone comment on how good George looked returning punts. He is a natural back there and I didn’t hold my breath or cringe watching him field punts *knock on wood*. Slippery athlete who more times than not will make first man miss. Keep him back there, shouldn't have taken this long.
You see when he high pointed one on a fair catch… woulda dinged off Jeff thomas face mask

Cam Harris is not an NFL player. He never was and he never should’ve been recruited here. Kid was slow at Carol City and he’s still slow now.
He is not slow. He has very good straight line speed.

Is he elusive? Not so much

Does he have good balance? No

Does he have good vision? Maybe average

Give him a 5 yd headstart and not too many catch him.

Advertisement
Thanks D$. Always appreciated. Unfortunately for me, I've lost the fire as a fan for the season. It's an abomination with no positivity in sight, i.e. the dismissal of Blake James is a absolute must and should come before the firing of the HC in my opinion. Your comment regarding "selling the program" is of utmost importance and with James still in the picture, well I'm afraid not much will change.

Hope I'm so wrong. What James, the Prez and BOT have done is a travesty. They have single handedly destroyed an iconic brand. To rise from the dark depths of destruction will be nothing short of miracle that as fans we can only hope for. As it is, HOPE is the only thing we have left I'm afraid.

If we can nail the next hire close to where we hit with Richt, we'll be well on our way. Also torn on wanting our kids to win vs wanting the NCST game to be the final nail in the coffin....have to root for our kids to win ultimately, I think CMD is already a done deal but dang it I wish they'd announce it already

If we can nail the next hire close to where we hit with Richt, we'll be well on our way. Also torn on wanting our kids to win vs wanting the NCST game to be the final nail in the coffin....have to root for our kids to win ultimately, I think CMD is already a done deal but dang it I wish they'd announce it already
Depends on how much they are willing to back the hire with the admin. Richt was a good hire and brought instant credibility back to the program. The problem is they just relied on him. You need someone to work behind the scenes supporting whoever they hire next too. We can’t make a hire and expect 1 person to turn this program into a power. It’s gonna take a team and commitment.
The most ridiculous thing about this is that when Miami wins, the school wins. It’s just idiotic they can’t understand that and keep pumping resources and money into the program. Especially in the ACC. Yes, it still take a lot of money but not near as much as it would be in the SeC.

Advertisement
Depends on how much they are willing to back the hire with the admin. Richt was a good hire and brought instant credibility back to the program. The problem is they just relied on him. You need someone to work behind the scenes supporting whoever they hire next too. We can’t make a hire and expect 1 person to turn this program into a power. It’s gonna take a team and commitment.
The most ridiculous thing about this is that when Miami wins, the school wins. It’s just idiotic they can’t understand that and keep pumping resources and money into the program. Especially in the ACC. Yes, it still take a lot of money but not near as much as it would be in the SeC.
It's pure laziness and lack of vision. A real AD could get whatever he/she/they wanted, including the money to hire a premier coach and surround him/her/them with a competitive infrastructure (including fringe resources like analysts, etc).

It's pure laziness and lack of vision. A real AD could get whatever he/she/they wanted, including the money to hire a premier coach and surround him/her/them with a competitive infrastructure (including fringe resources like analysts, etc).

a real AD doesn't listen to Richt on who the head coach should be to replace him

That still boggles my mind

What we need a major overhaul with the exception of like 5 players and a few coaches.
Coaches all need replacing but if your giving up on all the young players thats silly.maybe im taking this wrong but there is alot of young talent.upperclassmen not so much

Advertisement
Back