Some thoughts on UNC loss

81,4,2,0 should not rotate off the field period. It’s obvious they are the best at each respective position group. Stop with the sympathy player rotation.

You already did them a solid by giving them a scholarship. No more solids. Strictly merit base PT.
Manny thinks we are Bama… the complaint against our roster for the last 15 years has been we are top heavy with lower depth being G5 quality at times. Subbing so much hurts us big time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm I missing something or are we suddenly gonna get better at CB next year? Lots of optimistic talk of "full cupboards" around here.

Well he hurt his knee didn't he.

You screaming for some message board clout homie. You must not get enough attention in real life.
Message board clout? Are you 15?

I’ve been screaming this for years and I was right like always.

Go cry about it some more.

Advertisement
I agree it has to be something. But I just said in another thread, Quan never missed a tackle. The DC is the same guy. Why was he so solid and the current kids so bad? Bandy was a good tackler his first year or two as a 5'3 145 pounder. Now we don't have anyone who can tackle anybody? Is it really possible that the entire fundamentals have changed from when he got here to now?
Honest question - it seems T Rob isn't getting any blame here, why is that?

Advertisement
Cam is fast when he's at his top speed. But it takes him too long to get there. Acceleration (and quicks) is poor. Which is why you never see the speed materialize on the field.
And he just goes down way too easily

It’s not LBs that trip him up with their arms, it’s DBs

I don’t want to hate on the kid, he’s a good blocker and has made some big plays, but he runs soft

Advertisement
I agree it has to be something. But I just said in another thread, Quan never missed a tackle. The DC is the same guy. Why was he so solid and the current kids so bad? Bandy was a good tackler his first year or two as a 5'3 145 pounder. Now we don't have anyone who can tackle anybody? Is it really possible that the entire fundamentals have changed from when he got here to now?
Both are mentally checked out, for whatever reason.

Probably because problems existed before he got here and nobody knows if Manny is handcuffing him.

How do you know they existed before he got here? Banda sure had a group that could tackle, did he not? I'm not saying Manny is or isn't handcuffing him....maybe he is maybe he isn't. But it would be pretty odd if he wasn't handcuffing Banda but was handcuffing T-Rob, would it not?

And again, just today that we learned that oftentimes coordinators and especially HCs do not necessarily "coach" as much as people think they do. Patke just admitted HE didn't play Keontra this week as much as he probably should have, and cited his conditioning as the reason. If you want to bag on that, go ahead, I won't stop you. He's basically admitting he ****ed up. But this is usually how things are played at this level. You have a backers coach for a reason. They generally dictate rotations. Yes, the coordinator and HC provide guidelines...who they trust, who they don't, how much rotation there should be, etc. But you have to trust your position coaches, Manny (or any other DC) isn't dictating rotations in the middle of calling defenses.

Advertisement
Both are mentally checked out, for whatever reason.

But since Week 1? Or immediately thereafter? Bolden had back to back plays against Bama where he completely whiffed on a beautifully designed Safety blitz for a sack on a 6 foot freshman, and then dropped an INT where the ball hit him squarely in both hands. Obviously not saying we beat Bama if he makes that play, but it sure helps to get a pick in the redzone in a 7-0 game rather than dropping it and going down 10-0, does it not? Is that Manny's fault? T-Rob's? What happened to these kids?

How do you know they existed before he got here? Banda sure had a group that could tackle, did he not? I'm not saying Manny is or isn't handcuffing him....maybe he is maybe he isn't. But it would be pretty odd if he wasn't handcuffing Banda but was handcuffing T-Rob, would it not?

And again, just today that we learned that oftentimes coordinators and especially HCs do not necessarily "coach" as much as people think they do. Patke just admitted HE didn't play Keontra this week as much as he probably should have, and cited his conditioning as the reason. If you want to bag on that, go ahead, I won't stop you. He's basically admitting he ****ed up. But this is usually how things are played at this level. You have a backers coach for a reason. They generally dictate rotations. Yes, the coordinator and HC provide guidelines...who they trust, who they don't, how much rotation there should be, etc. But you have to trust your position coaches, Manny (or any other DC) isn't dictating rotations in the middle of calling defenses.
We were a terrible tackling team last year. I don't think any coaches should get a pass. I am saying I believe that is why Trob isn't called out more. Or maybe just because of his recruiting, IDK.

***** hilarious. Guy is caught from behind a ton of ******* times and can’t make a move in the open field but he’s “fast”. What kind of drugs do y’all take on a daily basis?
I’m going to need to see proof of this caught from behind a ton of ******* times. I’m pretty sure he hasn’t been caught from behind once. **** the dude hit like 23mph against UL last year.

It takes him a bit to hit top speed so I can see his forty not being blazing but when he hits top speed the kid has some jets.

You don’t break multiple long runs each year as a back that lacks vision, agility and burst without having top end speed.

We were a terrible tackling team last year. I don't think any coaches should get a pass. I am saying I believe that is why Trob isn't called out more. Or maybe just because of his recruiting, IDK.

IDK either, and the tackling wasn't nearly as bad last year as it is today.

And it's MILES worse today than it was in 2016 - 2018, with the same guy coordinating it.

Why?

Advertisement
Back