QB Brandon Wimbush update

Advertisement
On tape Wimbush looks like the best QB in the country to me. Helps that he has a guy like MF to throw to, who may be thr countries best athlete.

On tape Wimbush looks like the best QB in the country to me. Helps that he has a guy like MF to throw to, who may be thr countries best athlete.

If you think his film is interesting, you should see him in person. Absolutely legit.

Advertisement
At least it has been reported that Wimbush and Fitzpatrick have come to the realization that they most likely wont be playing together in college.

Great sign for us with Wimbush, since Fitzpatrick is def leaning hard towards Bama.

IMO Wimbush is the more important need, since South FL is stacked with elite DBs this cycle like no other, and Wimbush is by far the best QB on our board, light years ahead of Gibson.

Gibson is an elite athlete, but a very sub par passer, and that is the last thing we need as our QB.

If Gibson was willing to come in as a WR, he would be the top guy on our board, but he will just end up running the spread option(the only way he will be able to stay at QB) at either Auburn or O$U in a few years after he redshirts(will def need a redshirt).

He doesn't fit a pro style offense at all, and is not coming here, so people need to move past that one.

Now lets all hope that Wimbush picks us over PSU and O$U.

3 back to back QB classes of Olson(2013), Kaaya and Rosier(2014), and Wimbush(2015) would be the best 3 year haul(on paper) that we have had since the 80s.

Gibson is one of the top two guys on our board along with Wimbush we just can't generate enough mutual interest

Gibson is one of the top two guys on our board along with Wimbush we just can't generate enough mutual interest

He may be on top of our board, but I don't see him being our QB if he came in. He has a loooong way to go. He will be much more successful in a different offense that doesn't rely as much on his arm.

Its crazy how everyone seems to think Gibson is so talented but CANT play in a pro-style offense..with our QB situation pretty set for the future if he ends up choosing UM and does play QB in our system he'll obviously RS..with a RS year under his belt I believe that talent will round out into a superstar at QB..he may have been a little more polished coming out of HS but Gibson reminds me of a left-handed RG3. I'm using him as a comparison more so cause of the athletic abilities they both were blessed with..although RG may have been even more athletically gifted than Gibson, was an AA track-guy in HS and at Baylor I believe.

I believe if Gibson does choose UM after the 2-QB's we signed in last years class and a young one taking reps now he knows he'll have to compete. I think that competitive nature will bring the best out of him and if all else fails he'll be a helluva wide out for us.

Advertisement

He may be on top of our board, but I don't see him being our QB if he came in. He has a loooong way to go. He will be much more successful in a different offense that doesn't rely as much on his arm.

I agree but some are suggesting we don't want him at qb. Just trying to clear that up

Appreciate the update. That's really disappointing, but not all that surprising unfortunately. It's also disappointing that Coley isn't recruiting Francois at all since we appear to be lagging behind for our top two QB targets.

Not sure what the plan will be when/if we're unable to land either Gibson or Wimbush. Settle for Nick Tiano? That's not good enough.

Appreciate the update. That's really disappointing, but not all that surprising unfortunately. It's also disappointing that Coley isn't recruiting Francois at all since we appear to be lagging behind for our top two QB targets.

Not sure what the plan will be when/if we're unable to land either Gibson or Wimbush. Settle for Nick Tiano? That's not good enough.

Definite downside to having two highly recruited freshman quarterbacks on your roster and an underachieving team.

Advertisement
Its crazy how everyone seems to think Gibson is so talented but CANT play in a pro-style offense..with our QB situation pretty set for the future if he ends up choosing UM and does play QB in our system he'll obviously RS..with a RS year under his belt I believe that talent will round out into a superstar at QB..he may have been a little more polished coming out of HS but Gibson reminds me of a left-handed RG3. I'm using him as a comparison more so cause of the athletic abilities they both were blessed with..although RG may have been even more athletically gifted than Gibson, was an AA track-guy in HS and at Baylor I believe.

I believe if Gibson does choose UM after the 2-QB's we signed in last years class and a young one taking reps now he knows he'll have to compete. I think that competitive nature will bring the best out of him and if all else fails he'll be a helluva wide out for us.

Dont see it. Some guys have that Terrell Pryor look to em. He is one of em.

We are still in the top 3 for Wimbush but I don't see us landing him.

We might not like tiano he's going to need an amazing camp for him to be a take. I expect more qb offers to come during spring eval

We might not like tiano he's going to need an amazing camp for him to be a take. I expect more qb offers to come during spring eval

So who is next on the board if we cant get our top 2...

We can't afford for this to be another Stephen Morris Year...where we strike out on everyone and settle for Stephen...

Advertisement

One red flag for me is that Gibson isn't even the QB for his 7on7 team.

So who is next on the board if we cant get our top 2...

We can't afford for this to be another Stephen Morris Year...where we strike out on everyone and settle for Stephen...

More offers will come after spring eval

Advertisement
Back