QB Brandon Wimbush update

He's deciding in one month...I predict OSU

OSU -- with Miller and Guiton gone after this season, he can walk into Columbus and play almost immediately.

PSU -- will have to wait 2 years, because I think Hack will play through his senior season.

Stanford -- IF he gets an offer from them - my God they're going to be insane.

Miami -- Golden has to win some big games for Miami to even have a chance. If he starts off slow, his job security might come into question and the class could fall apart. You won't get or keep any out of state commits when your head coach's job security is in question.

I think you're right too.

Advertisement
336.jpg

Wimbush working with Hester today.

Hester's bigger than i thought too

"4-star QB Brandon Wimbush said its likely a go that he will visit Ohio State in 2 weeks. Then will make his decision shortly thereafter. Wants to hear Coach Meyer's thoughts on early playing time. Said its 50-50 with Penn State and Ohio State.
"

QB situation for this cycle looking real bleak.

From his interview, he doesn't sound very interested in OSU. But after his visit we'll see. When they brought up Miami his voice changed. He sounded more excited to play for Coley.

From his interview, he doesn't sound very interested in OSU. But after his visit we'll see. When they brought up Miami his voice changed. He sounded more excited to play for Coley.
Sounds like ur reading into things alittle too much. Just saying

Advertisement
"4-star QB Brandon Wimbush said its likely a go that he will visit Ohio State in 2 weeks. Then will make his decision shortly thereafter. Wants to hear Coach Meyer's thoughts on early playing time. Said its 50-50 with Penn State and Ohio State.
"

QB situation for this cycle looking real bleak.

Likely striking out on Gibson, Wimbush, and Locksley is rough. No other way to put it.

Hope this doesn't end up like 2012 at QB, when we ended up with Preston Dewey and Gray Crow. We have to do better regardless of the players we landed in the last two cycles or else you're an injury away from a guy like Crow seeing the field if they want Kaaya to redshirt. And that would be a disaster.

Still have no idea why Coley isn't recruiting Francois, who's a dam good player and someone who's close with Dexter Williams. Makes no sense.

Dewey, Crow and Thompson. Some people had hopes for Dewey and Thompson before they got hurt.

Advertisement
We definitely need to spread the love out too other QB in a hurry. These guys set their minds quickly. I am going to be extremely disappointed. If Tiano is the guy we end up taking.

no chance here. Some of you are setting yourselves up for pure unadulterated depression with this guy.

Advertisement
we in da game....mama dukes knows best...in fact, Da U know worst than 1B rite now

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dewey was an All American. Not fair to lump him in with Crow.

I dont think he was an All American, but he was definitely Elite 11, but I think a bunch of that was because Ty Detmer was his HS coach and pushed for it. Dewey was classic example of a fanbase doing mental gymnastics for a recruit. The reality was he was a kid that reclassified one year late not ahead like Walton in a tiny private school in Texas. He got no hype as a senior, and did all over again and against real weak comp to boot. Texas HS fans tried to tell us but most Canes ignored them and called them haters. I even began to see where our posters were starting to run with the notion that he was a year younger than everyone because of his reclassification when in fact he was older than everyone.

Now in regards to Wimbush, I dont know but if there was a year Im not tripping about getting the top guy on our board, it would be this year. Not saying I wouldnt want that, but more so its a luxury for this one year.

we in da game....mama dukes knows best...in fact, Da U know worst than 1B rite now

den who be da 1A?
1. moms movin to Ga & luvs Da U....2. he's got people's in WPB....3. UOVed 3 times....4. Coley lead recruiter & doin a great job....5. he's diggin Coley....6. most likey trust dis NJ staff....7. Da U is (1A) before his UOV to OSU....8. Coach No "D" friends with his HC....9. just gotta close now

Last edited:

den who be da 1A?
1. moms movin to Ga & luvs Da U....2. he's got people's in WPB....3. UOVed 3 times....4. Coley lead recruiter & doin a great job....5. he's diggin Coley....6. most likey trust dis NJ staff....7. Da U is (1A) before his UOV to OSU....8. just gotta close now

Please don't play with my emotions like this papii

Dewey was an All American. Not fair to lump him in with Crow.

I dont think he was an All American, but he was definitely Elite 11, but I think a bunch of that was because Ty Detmer was his HS coach and pushed for it. Dewey was classic example of a fanbase doing mental gymnastics for a recruit. The reality was he was a kid that reclassified one year late not ahead like Walton in a tiny private school in Texas. He got no hype as a senior, and did all over again and against real weak comp to boot. Texas HS fans tried to tell us but most Canes ignored them and called them haters. I even began to see where our posters were starting to run with the notion that he was a year younger than everyone because of his reclassification when in fact he was older than everyone.

Now in regards to Wimbush, I dont know but if there was a year Im not tripping about getting the top guy on our board, it would be this year. Not saying I wouldnt want that, but more so its a luxury for this one year.

He played in the under armour game

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=7238820&src=desktop

Advertisement
Back