QB Brandon Wimbush update

I love everything about this kid.

And I'll hate all of those very same things if he picks OSU.

Advertisement
Like the sound of this kid. Seems to have it together. I think we have a decent shot with him. Urban's qbs are mostly all NFL failures. This kids could end up at Stanford or BC too. Hope we land him. Does not seem to be much of a diva.

Asked UM's chances, Wimbush said, "I feel like they have a decent shot actually. because of the pros that I stated with my head coach, and they have great academics, weather, things like that. They have a good chance."

Aiding Miami's chance of landing him: Wimbush's mother won't be too far if he winds up in the Sunshine State - she plans to move to Georgia once he enters college.

"We have family down there, so Miami's one place she's rooting for," Wimbush said.

Another boost for the Canes: offensive coordinator/QB coach James Coley has built a good rapport with the standout signal caller.

"My relationship with coach Coley is awesome," Wimbush said. "I talk to him once every two days over Twitter. We have a good relationship, everything is cool between us. He wants me to come down and compete for early time, says he has the perfect offense for me because it's pro style and we can spread the field with the athletes they have."

Dewey was an All American. Not fair to lump him in with Crow.

I dont think he was an All American, but he was definitely Elite 11, but I think a bunch of that was because Ty Detmer was his HS coach and pushed for it. Dewey was classic example of a fanbase doing mental gymnastics for a recruit. The reality was he was a kid that reclassified one year late not ahead like Walton in a tiny private school in Texas. He got no hype as a senior, and did all over again and against real weak comp to boot. Texas HS fans tried to tell us but most Canes ignored them and called them haters. I even began to see where our posters were starting to run with the notion that he was a year younger than everyone because of his reclassification when in fact he was older than everyone.

Now in regards to Wimbush, I dont know but if there was a year Im not tripping about getting the top guy on our board, it would be this year. Not saying I wouldnt want that, but more so its a luxury for this one year.

Are we going to get our top guy every year? No, but the position is never a luxury. If you can't get that guy that is at the very top. You better get one that is close to him. QB is either a hit our a miss. For us it has been a miss too many times and a Tiano would just add to that list.

With QB being a position that you really can't stack chips at. Like many other positions. It means you better get your evals correct. Transfers and injuries can leave you looking like a fool if you don't.

Advertisement
If Kaaya comes in, wins the starting job, and performs well.... which is a definite possibility(and our dream).... , it will affect our recruiting of any elite QB

If Kaaya comes in, wins the starting job, and performs well.... which is a definite possibility(and our dream).... , it will affect our recruiting of any elite QB

Yep. Wimbush mentioned he was interested in early playing time. Depending on how it goes with Olsen or Kaaya or Rosier, early playing time may not be there any time soon. Hopefully we have that problem in a good way.

Yep. Wimbush mentioned he was interested in early playing time. Depending on how it goes with Olsen or Kaaya or Rosier, early playing time may not be there any time soon. Hopefully we have that problem in a good way.

It must or the mopes will burn the board, everything about Kaaya saying he has the "it" for the U.

Advertisement
Lamar Jackson, 50 miles from campus with offers from some big boys but not us??? Anybody?

The man is electric and can move. Was out running central all game last year. That being said I want Wimbush over everyone. He looks like a starting college QB already.

Dewey was an All American. Not fair to lump him in with Crow.

I dont think he was an All American, but he was definitely Elite 11, but I think a bunch of that was because Ty Detmer was his HS coach and pushed for it. Dewey was classic example of a fanbase doing mental gymnastics for a recruit. The reality was he was a kid that reclassified one year late not ahead like Walton in a tiny private school in Texas. He got no hype as a senior, and did all over again and against real weak comp to boot. Texas HS fans tried to tell us but most Canes ignored them and called them haters. I even began to see where our posters were starting to run with the notion that he was a year younger than everyone because of his reclassification when in fact he was older than everyone.

Now in regards to Wimbush, I dont know but if there was a year Im not tripping about getting the top guy on our board, it would be this year. Not saying I wouldnt want that, but more so its a luxury for this one year.

Are we going to get our top guy every year? No, but the position is never a luxury. If you can't get that guy that is at the very top. You better get one that is close to him. QB is either a hit our a miss. For us it has been a miss too many times and a Tiano would just add to that list.

With QB being a position that you really can't stack chips at. Like many other positions. It means you better get your evals correct. Transfers and injuries can leave you looking like a fool if you don't.

Its never really a luxury but schools rarely get their number #1 guy three years in a row and that would be what we are looking at. USC is the only school that I can remember that went on an insane run where they got their guy every single year. Nonetheless you are correct, you must hit your evals cause just as your QB situation is looking great, it can turn on you in an instance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back