OK, some thoughts on the opener....

For some perspective, Pitt is in overtime against Youngstown. USF in a dogfight with Stony Brook. Virginny struggling with William and Mary, and Mizzu gave up 43 points to Mizzu state.

First week flatness. It happens.

I'm sorry, last time I checked we were trying to be elite again.

You wanna keep being compared to the Pitts/USFs/UVAs of the world? Gtfoh

Advertisement
I'm normally the last to make excuses, but the turf sucked. They just replaced it, what?, yesterday? Promised it would be ready for us, I'd say they f--ked up.

****ty turf like that probably helped Bethune as much as our lackluster effort.
blame it on the turf? Like when Golden blamed it on the rain or it being night or whatever that excuse was?

Best excuse ever in UM history was Mississippi State cowbell in our 1981 loss there.

Advertisement
On the bright side, it appears that we're not gonna have to worry about Rosier. He looked very good today.

You also can't discount the 9.5 YPC, that will be considerably lower versus better competition, but I liked what I saw.

Rosier's ability to break the pocket was nice.
Didn't seem like he had any touch on his passes tho.
That long ball to Langham would've been intercepted against a decent team.
Walton and Homer looked really good.
Defensive line and LB's didn't play to expectations.
Bandy made a nice play.
Young made a nice play but then ****ed up big time by running it out of the end zone.
Delaney was trash.
No Herndon.
Hopefully we play to our strengths. (Running the ball) and hopefully our D-Line performs much better.
D-Jax had an awesome sack.
Berrios stood out with catches, blocking, leadership, special teams - all around.

Fixed

Advertisement
For some perspective, Pitt is in overtime against Youngstown. USF in a dogfight with Stony Brook. Virginny struggling with William and Mary, and Mizzu gave up 43 points to Mizzu state.

Preach.

I have a different standard, I've been a Miami fan since the 80's. I never recall a Miami D being abused by a meac school like this..... ever. Even in the golden era. I also can't recall a Miami team having starters in late third , early fourth against a meac school. Never.

People want greatness , suck the defense off all off-season then makes excuses for this. I mean there's actually people saying they came out flat. For the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR!!! GTFOH. Same guys comparing Pitt and other middle of the pack programs to UM. Well they aren't Miami, they aren't this type of program.

Maybe we play better next week, maybe this was just a one game deal, but I expect better. I expect to see backups and young guys in the second half. That's the whole point of playing these embarrassing games. Get a little work, play the kids and ( insert Meac school name) cashes nice check.

Today was unacceptable. Plain and simple, only a loser would think different.

Last edited:
On the bright side, it appears that we're not gonna have to worry about Rosier. He looked very good today.

You also can't discount the 9.5 YPC, that will be considerably lower versus better competition, but I liked what I saw.

I wasn't impressed with rosier. Too many short dump offs. Depended on Walton way too much. Did he throw in the middle of the field at all? Thomas had a lb on him multiple times and open down the middle. Never looked his way.

Preach.

I have a different standard, I've been a Miami fan since the 80's. I never recall a Miami D being abused by a meac school like this..... ever. Even in the golden era. I also can't recall a Miami team having starters in late third , early fourth against a meac school. Never.

People want greatness , suck the defense off all off-season then makes excuses for this. I mean there's actually people saying they came out flat. For the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR!!! GTFOH. Same guys comparing Pitt and other middle of the pack programs to UM. Well they aren't Miami, they aren't this type of program.

Maybe we play better next week, maybe this was just a one game deal, but I expect better. I expect to see backups and young guys in the second half. That's the whole point of playing these embarrassing games. Get a little work, play the kids and ( insert Meac school name) cashes nice check.

Yeah, we're shooting higher than pitt. But then again, Bethune didn't take us to OT.

Advertisement

Preach.

Yeah, we're shooting higher than pitt. But then again, Bethune didn't take us to OT.

I don't think some of you realize the talent discrepancy between a meac school and um. These are hs level teams, for real.

Its not being flat. That team had entire offseason to prepare for you and your schemes. Most teams have tougj openers no matter who they play, because of it.

Here we go with the revisionist history...

Lmao.. al golden comparisons? So al golden didnt give up almost 400 yards to bethune cookman with over 200 yards rushing?

Dont panic. Dont talk stupid either.

Advertisement
Whole 2016' defensive backfield (Elder, Carter, Colbert, Jenkins) seem to make their nfl rosters.I misjudged how good and important they actually were for the defense. It hit me today.

Positives: Homer, Rosier, Langham

Here we go with the revisionist history...

Lmao.. al golden comparisons? So al golden didnt give up almost 400 yards to bethune cookman with over 200 yards rushing?

Dont panic. Dont talk stupid either.

They did have 350 total yards,but it looked nothing like today. Our scrubs were still in late third qt, and their qb's were like 10-30 122 yd's ( or something close). Their qb never looked like Warren moon, like the guy today. We also wasn't a hyped up" top shelf " defense.

Thank god we kept the starters in to the fourth quarter, or they'd hit 400-450 yd's and 20-27 points. We actually needed the starters to somewhat slow them down.

Folks around here like to hype dudes up , then make instant excuses, I just call it like I see. I expect more than this against a high school team, in the season/home opener. I'll give props when they're due ,but also call bs when I see it. I'm sure Richt will too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back