OK, some thoughts on the opener....

I just don't get it. You had all summer to prepare for this HS offense. They undressed this defense all game, not just a few plays here and there. To go a step further, they handled us up front and on the outside. DL, LBs, and CB couldn't get off blocks all day. We looked slow, weak, and uninspired all game. Leadership and athleticism from Jenks, Carter, and Corn is sorely missed. Malek is talented but too small to fight off blocks. Jaquan and Redwine are just not athletic enough. This looked identical to an Al Golden defense and that is scary...

Get coach Hartley out of my face. He's been ****ing up special teams coverage since his hiring.

Guarantee they spent 0% of the offseason scouting and preparing for this team.

First off yes they did. Second of all it's a Meac school , which means they're a hs team compared to a power five school. Good fcs teams rape meac schools.

Bcu going up and down the fiend against a UM defense is disrespectful as ****. Even the Wefense didn't get lit up by meac schools. Alf Gorlden dominated meac offenses for god sakes.

Totally unacceptable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Left me wanting more. Hope they play with more urgency next week. Most important thing is as of now we got out healthy and with a W.

Don't understand the hate for the offense. Thought the line looked good. Rbs looked good. Rosier competent. Play-calling maybe . . . . but 2 punts total? We score 70 if our D gets a third down stop once and a while.

This. Defense was atrocious on third downs.

Okay, I'll be Mr. Positive right now, but I thought our Run game and the O look pretty good! It was a few miscues, but for a new O, that wasn't half bad.

We need to ride the Walton and Homer train until they straighten **** out on the D! Those boys look good! Rosier was hot and cold, but if they can get this dude to be consistently hot, we're going to put up points. And Ahmmon wasn't playing either, let's go!

So yea, about the D tho..smh!

Advertisement
Don't understand the hate for the offense. Thought the line looked good. Rbs looked good. Rosier competent. Play-calling maybe . . . . but 2 punts total? We score 70 if our D gets a third down stop once and a while.

This. Defense was atrocious on third downs.

Offense wasn't bad , I think it was a couple miscues , penalties and missed easy throws that rustled some jimmies. The D was on another level, maybe this embarrassment will motivate them.

We play like this next week (especially the defense) and we are going 7-5 and VT taking the division it about that simple.

Sorry but this team is not beating FSU. We better watch out for next week when our players will be looking ahead.

Advertisement
Anyone remember that 2015 Al Golden led squad that pummeled BCC 45-0 in the opener? How'd that turn out? Settle down folks.

not panicking but honestly a very mediocre and uninspired effort vs Bethune Cookman. Was particularly disappointed in the defense who did a poor job in containing the edge and inside the pocket. Also a ton of missed tackles and they couldnt get off the field for long stretches. Yeah it looked like some 'Wefense' of Donofrio to be frank. Defenders took poor angles all game and they didn't defend the flats to save their lives

But again, this was a gimme. I wouldn't even call it a sparring session but really shadow boxing. But a lot of things for Diaz to clean up

The CB's concern me, though, can't lie. Dee Delaney was getting spun around like a top and quick guys seem to give him fits. I still say Malek Young needs to be one of our starters out there. He just has natural playmaking ability and a twitchy athlete.

Offensively, I thought Rosier was OK. As long as Walton gets going and moving the chains the offense will be fine but IMO, there will be a hit and miss quality to our passing game this season(especially the intermediate stuff). Really great to see Lawrence Cager out there making plays, looking like a weapon and did my slanted eyes deceive me or did Darrell Langham make some plays?

Another guy that stood out is Travis Homer, he gives me that James Jackson in 1997 feeling. Our second back who will bust a lot of big plays after Walton softens up defenses early on. Love the 1-2 punch Miami has out there.

Harley flashed and he looks advertised. Having offensive weapons is not the issue for UM - can Rosier just make the routine throws expected of him

BTW, I don't think there's any doubt Richt dialed up that first offensive play to showcase Rosier's ability in the read-option.

But Arkansas St on the road is a much more legitimate contest. Richt has a lot to coach up between next Saturday and especially Sept 16th....

Excellent summary.
One would hope to think of using the go to "we were keeping it vanilla", but I don't really buy into that.

Well, that's the thing, even if you do play it 'vanilla' there are still basic principles( like holding the edge and not letting them bounce outside) that were not adhered to today

Also, we really missed Corn Elder's ability to get off blocks today. That was very noticeable...
Seemed like Richt wasn't too happy at the end of the game. Hopefully he kicks some *** and gets things in order

He cleary was ****ed you could tell

For some perspective, Pitt is in overtime against Youngstown. USF in a dogfight with Stony Brook. Virginny struggling with William and Mary, and Mizzu gave up 43 points to Mizzu state.

First week flatness. It happens.

I just don't get it. You had all summer to prepare for this HS offense. They undressed this defense all game, not just a few plays here and there. To go a step further, they handled us up front and on the outside. DL, LBs, and CB couldn't get off blocks all day. We looked slow, weak, and uninspired all game. Leadership and athleticism from Jenks, Carter, and Corn is sorely missed. Malek is talented but too small to fight off blocks. Jaquan and Redwine are just not athletic enough. This looked identical to an Al Golden defense and that is scary...

Get coach Hartley out of my face. He's been ****ing up special teams coverage since his hiring.

Guarantee they spent 0% of the offseason scouting and preparing for this team.

First off yes they did. Second of all it's a Meac school , which means they're a hs team compared to a power five school. Good fcs teams rape meac schools.

Bcu going up and down the fiend against a UM defense is disrespectful as ****. Even the Wefense didn't get lit up by meac schools. Alf Gorlden dominated meac offebsss for god sakes.

Totally unacceptable.

They spent a majority of the game in base defense even when BCC was in spread. The concerning thing was the fundamentals of tackling and getting off blocks. It’s game one. Take the noose off your head.

Advertisement
Bethune is no pushover, more half of that team is from south florida. Who wouldn't be fired up to play miami?

Its the 1st game, stop overreacting like bltches.

Bethune is no pushover, more half of that team is from south florida. Who wouldn't be fired up to play miami?

Its the 1st game, stop overreacting like bltches.
GTFOH. They're a bottom half FCS team.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I'm sure that this will be over reaction central for the next week so I will offer one comment to my slant-eyed friends thread. Other than finishing these games healthy and with the victory, there is not much to take away. We've had teams who barely scratched 500 win these games by 70 and teams that went on a national title hunt win by far less.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

encouraged by homer, the run blocking, and the variety of looks we may be able to give at WR. malik could have looked better, could have looked worse. agree with everyone about the defense. thought shaq did look slimmer and faster. slowed his feet up when he should have had a RB on a swing pass in the second half but otherwise thought he looked as advertised.

They had a good offensive scheme to exploit Manny Diaz aggressive defense. As if they knew exactly what our defense would do and had a good plan to neutralize it. Diaz has to be less predictable.

Advertisement
Back