OK, some thoughts on the opener....

I'm not overreacting I've said Redwine is garbage for the longest and today he proved it once again. And I remember someone saying he was going to be All-ACC what a joke.

Advertisement
not panicking but honestly a very mediocre and uninspired effort vs Bethune Cookman. Was particularly disappointed in the defense who did a poor job in containing the edge and inside the pocket. Also a ton of missed tackles and they couldnt get off the field for long stretches. Yeah it looked like some 'Wefense' of Donofrio to be frank. Defenders took poor angles all game and they didn't defend the flats to save their lives

But again, this was a gimme. I wouldn't even call it a sparring session but really shadow boxing. But a lot of things for Diaz to clean up

The CB's concern me, though, can't lie. Dee Delaney was getting spun around like a top and quick guys seem to give him fits. I still say Malek Young needs to be one of our starters out there. He just has natural playmaking ability and a twitchy athlete.

Offensively, I thought Rosier was OK. As long as Walton gets going and moving the chains the offense will be fine but IMO, there will be a hit and miss quality to our passing game this season(especially the intermediate stuff). Really great to see Lawrence Cager out there making plays, looking like a weapon and did my slanted eyes deceive me or did Darrell Langham make some plays?

Another guy that stood out is Travis Homer, he gives me that James Jackson in 1997 feeling. Our second back who will bust a lot of big plays after Walton softens up defenses early on. Love the 1-2 punch Miami has out there.

Harley flashed and he looks advertised. Having offensive weapons is not the issue for UM - can Rosier just make the routine throws expected of him

BTW, I don't think there's any doubt Richt dialed up that first offensive play to showcase Rosier's ability in the read-option.

But Arkansas St on the road is a much more legitimate contest. Richt has a lot to coach up between next Saturday and especially Sept 16th....

Excellent summary.
One would hope to think of using the go to "we were keeping it vanilla", but I don't really buy into that.

Well, that's the thing, even if you do play it 'vanilla' there are still basic principles( like holding the edge and not letting them bounce outside) that were not adhered to today

Also, we really missed Corn Elder's ability to get off blocks today. That was very noticeable...

not panicking but honestly a very mediocre and uninspired effort vs Bethune Cookman. Was particularly disappointed in the defense who did a poor job in containing the edge and inside the pocket. Also a ton of missed tackles and they couldnt get off the field for long stretches. Yeah it looked like some 'Wefense' of Donofrio to be frank. Defenders took poor angles all game and they didn't defend the flats to save their lives

But again, this was a gimme. I wouldn't even call it a sparring session but really shadow boxing. But a lot of things for Diaz to clean up

The CB's concern me, though, can't lie. Dee Delaney was getting spun around like a top and quick guys seem to give him fits. I still say Malek Young needs to be one of our starters out there. He just has natural playmaking ability and a twitchy athlete.

Offensively, I thought Rosier was OK. As long as Walton gets going and moving the chains the offense will be fine but IMO, there will be a hit and miss quality to our passing game this season(especially the intermediate stuff). Really great to see Lawrence Cager out there making plays, looking like a weapon and did my slanted eyes deceive me or did Darrell Langham make some plays?

Another guy that stood out is Travis Homer, he gives me that James Jackson in 1997 feeling. Our second back who will bust a lot of big plays after Walton softens up defenses early on. Love the 1-2 punch Miami has out there.

Harley flashed and he looks advertised. Having offensive weapons is not the issue for UM - can Rosier just make the routine throws expected of him

BTW, I don't think there's any doubt Richt dialed up that first offensive play to showcase Rosier's ability in the read-option.

But Arkansas St on the road is a much more legitimate contest. Richt has a lot to coach up between next Saturday and especially Sept 16th....

Excellent summary.
One would hope to think of using the go to "we were keeping it vanilla", but I don't really buy into that.

Well, that's the thing, even if you do play it 'vanilla' there are still basic principles( like holding the edge and not letting them bounce outside) that were not adhered to today

Also, we really missed Corn Elder's ability to get off blocks today. That was very noticeable...
Seemed like Richt wasn't too happy at the end of the game. Hopefully he kicks some *** and gets things in order

It was an abortion in all phases.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On the o side, there were gaping holes to run through. Rosier barely got touched, and he was accurate. Which is what should happen against BCC.

The d scheme was weird. Blitz every play and play a soft zone? A good OC and poised qb will pick that apart all day - which is what they did.

Blitz w a soft zone has always been diaz' thing

The secondary looked mad slow especially the safeties, miami should never have safeties getting outran by bethune players

Advertisement
DBs looked bad. Delaney is gonna get eaten alive by a real passing attack. I was surprised we didn't have over 8 sacks.

Hard to judge the offense too much. RBs looked good. Rosier is gonna have a strong year. I hope the D stops believing all the preseason hype. All things considered, the D wasnt very good today

Looking forward to a week of the sky is falling posts.

End of the day we won 41-13 and our real season starts next week.

I'm not overreacting I've said Redwine is garbage for the longest and today he proved it once again. And I remember someone saying he was going to be All-ACC what a joke.

Him and Jaquan are too slow IMO and I was worried going in about them and I saw with my own eyes that nothing changed with them. They just dont have that play fast mentality, Bandy and Young close like miami dbs. We need storm 18 to start building what a real miami secondary should be

BCU were throwing underneath all day. Diaz was throwing zone blitzes at them and defending the deep pass. Our CBs also couldn't get off blocks - all added up to an uninspired performance by the D.

I'm also disappointed in Rosier - didn't see anything special in his play. He's clearly another streaky QB with accuracy issues. I was also disappointed that Richt subbed in Shirreffs (who by all accounts Rosier barely beat out) to hand the ball off to Homer and Gray. Why bother? Just keep Rosier in if that's all you're asking the QB to do.

Advertisement
DBs looked bad. Delaney is gonna get eaten alive by a real passing attack. I was surprised we didn't have over 8 sacks.

Hard to judge the offense too much. RBs looked good. Rosier is gonna have a strong year. I hope the D stops believing all the preseason hype. All things considered, the D wasnt very good today

looked slow in that citadel highlight real, all the years of suck people have forgotten how a miami db highlight tape should be. They will be beaten this season unless the front seven goes ham

Defense been listening to everyone tell them how great they will be.

This schedule seems genius in hindsight because we need another game to get right.

Im not worried though. Physically we are there, just showed no life.

I just don't get it. You had all summer to prepare for this HS offense. They undressed this defense all game, not just a few plays here and there. To go a step further, they handled us up front and on the outside. DL, LBs, and CB couldn't get off blocks all day. We looked slow, weak, and uninspired all game. Leadership and athleticism from Jenks, Carter, and Corn is sorely missed. Malek is talented but too small to fight off blocks. Jaquan and Redwine are just not athletic enough. This looked identical to an Al Golden defense and that is scary...

Get coach Hartley out of my face. He's been ******* up special teams coverage since his hiring.

Everything about this game was a bit disappointing, at least. Rosier played decently, but missed passes I thought he should make. We didn't see enough of the backups, which was a big disappointment. The D played sloppy, and uninspired. The O just didn't look like it cared, other than Walton and Homer. Just no identity on O. Not enough intermediate passes from Rosier. Just a sloppy, uninspiring game.

Advertisement
BCU were throwing underneath all day. Diaz was throwing zone blitzes at them and defending the deep pass. Our CBs also couldn't get off blocks - all added up to an uninspired performance by the D.

I'm also disappointed in Rosier - didn't see anything special in his play. He's clearly another streaky QB with accuracy issues. I was also disappointed that Richt subbed in Shirreffs (who by all accounts Rosier barely beat out) to hand the ball off to Homer and Gray. Why bother? Just keep Rosier in if that's all you're asking the QB to do.

Ok this is ******* BS. Everyone I watched the game with thought Rosier played well, especially without our only true deep threat in Richards.

Only the dumb CIS mouthbreathers would think otherwise.

90% of this board gets sexual pleasure out of hating on Miami. It's the weirdest thing in all of sports but the Rlosier bashing is just a step too far.

I'm normally the last to make excuses, but the turf sucked. They just replaced it, what?, yesterday? Promised it would be ready for us, I'd say they f--ked up.

****** turf like that probably helped Bethune as much as our lackluster effort.
H-O-L-Y ****

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just don't get it. You had all summer to prepare for this HS offense. They undressed this defense all game, not just a few plays here and there. To go a step further, they handled us up front and on the outside. DL, LBs, and CB couldn't get off blocks all day. We looked slow, weak, and uninspired all game. Leadership and athleticism from Jenks, Carter, and Corn is sorely missed. Malek is talented but too small to fight off blocks. Jaquan and Redwine are just not athletic enough. This looked identical to an Al Golden defense and that is scary...

Get coach Hartley out of my face. He's been ****ing up special teams coverage since his hiring.

I get it, it was bad, but you make it sound like we needed a last second miracle to beat them. They scored 13 points, and honestly, they fumbled before their TD. It was sloppy, but it was never a game.

Advertisement

You must have a boner for Redwine , because there was a lot of bad play everywhere to pick out one . And he wouldn't be in my top seven of bad play. Picking out a safety is silly.

Front seven was awful against a hs team, secondary looked suspect too.

Maybe we get better but I was seriously disappointed. I expect better, especially out of the Lb's and DL.

Last edited:

Get coach Hartley out of my face. He's been ****ing up special teams coverage since his hiring.

Guarantee they spent 0% of the offseason scouting and preparing for this team.

Everything about this game was a bit disappointing, at least. Rosier played decently, but missed passes I thought he should make. We didn't see enough of the backups, which was a big disappointment. The D played sloppy, and uninspired. The O just didn't look like it cared, other than Walton and Homer. Just no identity on O. Not enough intermediate passes from Rosier. Just a sloppy, uninspiring game.

I think there were a lot of correctable/coachable mistakes for the most part. Id be more concerned if it was a pure talent issue. But there's no way any quality D should allow that many plays to bounce outside for big gains like today. But that goes back to leveraging plays back inside, etc....

Don't understand the hate for the offense. Thought the line looked good. Rbs looked good. Rosier competent. Play-calling maybe . . . . but 2 punts total? We score 70 if our D gets a third down stop once and a while.

Advertisement
Back