OK, some thoughts on the opener....

For some perspective, Pitt is in overtime against Youngstown. USF in a dogfight with Stony Brook. Virginny struggling with William and Mary, and Mizzu gave up 43 points to Mizzu state.

First week flatness. It happens.

I'm sorry, last time I checked we were trying to be elite again.

You wanna keep being compared to the Pitts/USFs/UVAs of the world? Gtfoh

Preach.

I have a different standard, I've been a Miami fan since the 80's. I never recall a Miami D being abused by a meac school like this..... ever. Even in the golden era. I also can't recall a Miami team having starters in late third , early fourth against a meac school. Never.

People want greatness , suck the defense off all off-season then makes excuses for this. I mean there's actually people saying they came out flat. For the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR!!! GTFOH. Same guys comparing Pitt and other middle of the pack programs to UM. Well they aren't Miami, they aren't this type of program.

Maybe we play better next week, maybe this was just a one game deal, but I expect better. I expect to see backups and young guys in the second half. That's the whole point of playing these embarrassing games. Get a little work, play the kids and ( insert Meac school name) cashes nice check.

Today was unacceptable. Plain and simple, only a loser would think different.

Agreed.

We looked like hot garbage.

Advertisement
For some perspective, Pitt is in overtime against Youngstown. USF in a dogfight with Stony Brook. Virginny struggling with William and Mary, and Mizzu gave up 43 points to Mizzu state.

Preach.

I have a different standard, I've been a Miami fan since the 80's. I never recall a Miami D being abused by a meac school like this..... ever. Even in the golden era. I also can't recall a Miami team having starters in late third , early fourth against a meac school. Never.

People want greatness , suck the defense off all off-season then makes excuses for this. I mean there's actually people saying they came out flat. For the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR!!! GTFOH. Same guys comparing Pitt and other middle of the pack programs to UM. Well they aren't Miami, they aren't this type of program.

Maybe we play better next week, maybe this was just a one game deal, but I expect better. I expect to see backups and young guys in the second half. That's the whole point of playing these embarrassing games. Get a little work, play the kids and ( insert Meac school name) cashes nice check.

Well we know who hasn't been watching Miami games the last couple of years. 2012 Miami vs. Bethune Cookman. 17-7 game late in the 3rd until Duke Johnson ripped off a couple of long TD runs to seal the game. BCC ran for over 230 yards. I could find others, but what's the point?

Stop with the over reactions. Defense played bad today no doubt, but historically bad? You've got to be kidding.

The D has been drinking their bathwater off season. They might have to get humbled a bit to get focused. BCU was throwing quick passes to avoid the mismatch so that sack stat is misleading. No idea how improved this OL is playing bcu. Great weapons on O and if kaakaa was here he'd cost us 2 games on his own. We have a better chance winning the coastal w malik. We wont know if hes more of a gamer vs kaakaa for a few weeks but its hard to fathom he could be as much or more of a boob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you actually look at the personnel Diaz was rolling all game, we almost never had our whole 1st team unit in the game. Getting other guys lots of experience, but coaches clearly used this game to get our 2s game experience. At least 3 of 11 guys playing on D for almost the entire game weren't starters

Advertisement
The only other thing I'll say is that in all my years of watching college football....what we saw today is common, especially when good teams play overmatched opponents early in the year. I'm not going to worry about it yet.

Now if FSU lights us up for 40.....that's a different story. Some of you need to gain a little perspective...football is funny sometimes and quality of opponent really does play a role in how engaged and concentrated guys are.

Its the 1st game, you get up for that alone...ppl killin me with the excuses, they did not play Canes caliber football plain and simple. Why are ppl saying, "if we play like this against Ark St, then they will worry"...the writing is on the wall right now. We inspire to be great, not good enough. We will ppl flooding the threads next week like you didnt see it coming, wtf. Coach Diaz believed tge hype as well. Good OCs will outscheme all those blitzes all game. Where was the in-game adjustments. After the video of the game gets out, teams will use the quick pass attack against us religiously. As fans, we suppose to be disappointed in how we looked against an inferior opp; dang, dont just accept mediocrity.

This performance overall was unacceptable. But the biggest questions going into this season were QB, Oline and secondary. Today gave me some hope with the QB and Oline. Secondary not so much. Personally I will take 14 more one point victories.

Preach.

Well we know who hasn't been watching Miami games the last couple of years. 2012 Miami vs. Bethune Cookman. 17-7 game late in the 3rd until Duke Johnson ripped off a couple of long TD runs to seal the game. BCC ran for over 230 yards. I could find others, but what's the point?

Stop with the over reactions. Defense played bad today no doubt, but historically bad? You've got to be kidding.

I judge on what I see every week.

Maybe I did overreact with the comparisons ,but we got torched by a meac school, when we were supposed to be the second coming of the 86 bears.

In 2012 I never felt helpless against bcu, especially on third downs. Their qb's were under pressure all game and couldn't complete a pass. I believe the qb's were like 10-30 or something like that. And that was a meh Miami defense. They had a qb get lose rushing and had 200 yards on the ground , but it was nothing like today.

If you're going to hype up this d/dl then I think I should call it out for a crap performance / effort. Especially when you have 6 months to prepare.

No excuse for today, plain and simple.

I am disappointed in the overall performance of the defense but some of you need to chill. BCC got more yards than I would have preferred. They called a good game with short passes that ate up clock, but only netted them 13 points.

Anyone expecting a college equivalent of the '85 Bears was delusional.

Let's move on to next week's game.

I am interested to see Arkansas State's game at Nebraska.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Very disappointed in DL. I know Diaz was outcoached but our front four shoulda been wrecking havoc. They played like pvssys

There was actually a play by the D-line that impressed me. There was a play where all four recognized the screen, stopped and backed up to stop it.

1st game of the season guys just have to bring more energy that's it

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

FSU will be laughing at that game film.

Our standards should not be what happened under Golden. Our standards should be those set by Jimmy and his defenses in the Eighties.

There are no better standards.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you actually look at the personnel Diaz was rolling all game, we almost never had our whole 1st team unit in the game. Getting other guys lots of experience, but coaches clearly used this game to get our 2s game experience. At least 3 of 11 guys playing on D for almost the entire game weren't starters
That's not really reassuring. Our 3rd string should be able to shut down Bethune Cookman.

I'm not going to overreact over 1 game. However Dee Delaney's performance made "Toast" Elvis Patterson look like Deion Sanders. Was he even in the game mentally? Miss Corn Elder more now than ever well for 1 week anyway.

Btw who is scheduling these games? You go on the road to play Ark State then turn around again the followIng week and go to Tallahassee. They did this last season playing FSU then having a Thurs night game at Va Tech that is lunacy man!

Maine makes football schedules like he fund raises.

On the bright side, it appears that we're not gonna have to worry about Rosier. He looked very good today.

You also can't discount the 9.5 YPC, that will be considerably lower versus better competition, but I liked what I saw.
Not really. His accuracy is booty. He is going to drive us crazy with his inconsistency this year.

Advertisement
I'm not going to overreact over 1 game. However Dee Delaney's performance made "Toast" Elvis Patterson look like Deion Sanders. Was he even in the game mentally? Miss Corn Elder more now than ever well for 1 week anyway.

Btw who is scheduling these games? You go on the road to play Ark State then turn around again the followIng week and go to Tallahassee. They did this last season playing FSU then having a Thurs night game at Va Tech that is lunacy man!

Maine makes football schedules like he fund raises.

no. Played fsu --> unc --> then tech

I am disappointed in the overall performance of the defense but some of you need to chill. BCC got more yards than I would have preferred. They called a good game with short passes that ate up clock, but only netted them 13 points.

Anyone expecting a college equivalent of the '85 Bears was delusional.

Let's move on to next week's game.

I am interested to see Arkansas State's game at Nebraska.

I'm going this route. The defense had a bad day. If I graded units out:

Offense: B
Defense: D

I'm not too worried about the defense given that we return practically the same defense. Everyone was criticizing Carter last year and we switched him out with Redwine who was decent today. As someone mentioned earlier, Delaney gave too large of a cushion and was constantly beat. The positive on this is that this team got hit by reality in week 1 as opposed to week 3 when we play FSU.

Not saying that the lackadaisical defense is something to completely ignore. But it's not something that we should be throwing the season out of the window week 1.

Advertisement
Back