Name Emerging for WR Job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That was my point - look at the posts above mine, where people are *****ing because he is white.
I think most were being facetious.. and if any of them weren’t, they aren’t really worth responding to.

Advertisement
Here Edwards replaced him this offseason at AZ St because he couldn't recruit...

With Ed Reed now hired as COS, Lashlee as OC, the money for a top wr coach in place, the boosters activated and an offensive identity finally being esablished - take whatever time is needed to hire the right coach for the Canes at this critical moment.

Hopefully, we do this last hire right.

Again...We need to get stronger in Dade and Sofla...Field/Hickson/and the goof Banda, ain't enough imo. This is the perfect spot to get another recruiter on the staff.

I'm not trying to downplay the characteristics you just mentioned, and agree Likens has a nice bio. But I would go young/energetic/recruiter with this hire. These tri-county kids IMO, give two shyts about a Rob Likens.
I think the better staff Diaz can put together, the more we will win. The more we win, the easier recruiting becomes.

I get it. We all want elite recruiters. However, aren't we all tired of getting talent in here and then not seeing it progress? Talent itself does not win titles. Even the team in 2001 had tough coaching for years before Coker took over. They won because of that discipline. You can't just put talent on a roster without good coaching and expect it to flourish. It gets complacent, lazy, and self centered without proper leadership.

I wanted Manny fired, but if he has any, ANY chance to succeed here, he's going to need great coaches to help him. He's going to need coaches that can get the most out of the talent on the roster, or the talent on the roster just won't matter.

They fired 52 year Likens & replaced him with 30 year old Prentice Gill who's only experience was as a GA at San Jose St, QC at USC & Offensive Analyst at Oregon... Literally weeks after they hire Gill he helps them flip Johnny Wilson from Oregon in their 2020 class.

Likens was OC & QB's coach at AZ St & Herm replaced his entire offensive staff except Shaun Aguano.

He essentially did the same thing Diaz did this offseason, he brought in Zak Hill from Boise St, Prentice Gill from Oregon & elevated Derek Hagan from analyst to full time position coach. You think he got rid of his entire offensive staff & replaced them with younger guys with less experience because they did a good job?
So much is going right at this moment for the Canes - let's take the needed time to make this critical hire.

Advertisement
Just disagree, there is a spot for an ace now...And I'm not saying hire someone with no clue. Coaching WR isn't like coaching OL, for instance.

How about get an ace that can also coach?

And obviously I agree the performance and losses were **** poor this year, who doesn't?

Who is this ace that can kill it recruiting South Florida while Lao developing kids to be high NFL draft picks?

Advertisement
This would be a very good hire IMO. This is a guy who worked for Sonny Dukes for 4 years as a QB & WRs coach. He was the passing game coordinator at Cal in 2014 when Jared Goff was QB. They scored 38 points per game and Goff finished 5th in the country in passing yards. As a recruiter there's not a whole lot of documented history as far as I can find but he did help land two highly rated QBs at ASU.

Herm Edwards replaced him this offseason at AZ St because he couldn't recruit...
That means he’s perfect for Manure.

Dudes on here think all we need is a bunch of position coaches running around in lab coats inventing football. We need genius coordinators, and competent position coaches who are full of energy and could sell dyck to NYSOM.

Again...We need to get stronger in Dade and Sofla...Field/Hickson/and the goof Banda, ain't enough imo. This is the perfect spot to get another recruiter on the staff.

I'm not trying to downplay the characteristics you just mentioned, and agree Likens has a nice bio. But I would go young/energetic/recruiter with this hire. These tri-county kids IMO, give two shyts about a Rob Likens.

If the team wins, and the WR have stats, they won't care WHO the WR coach is ... This guy has energy - something sorely missing lately

Advertisement
Back