Name Emerging for WR Job.

Advertisement
go look at the ranking of his offenses while at those schools. Besides 1year with Goff the rest were horrible. We can do better. **** if he was an elite recruiter I wouldn’t mind. He’s not even that.

We’re on the same page, and he wasn’t even the OC then; he was the passing game coordinator.

Advertisement
Likens’ coaching experience as a OC have been:

SE MO St. (2 yrs)
Central CT (4 yrs)
Kansas (2 yrs)
ASU (2 yrs)

He’s had 4 yrs w/in the FBS rank as an OC.

His two year stint at KU as OC; the offense was absolutely deplorably dreadful.

His two year stint at ASU, his offense was mediocre at best.

Just b/c he has “OC experience” doesn’t mean he’s overly qualified to be under Manny. I question him being a candidate, as he’s produced not one NFL WR, either, and he’s stint as a WR coach was at FCS, G5, and 1 yr at ASU.
Lol he just put Nkeal Harry into the NFL and Arizona State is going to have another WR get drafted earlier this season. Kansas has been dreadful for 20 years so I'm not going to hold it against him for struggling there

If he is a complete dud on the trail like Kul then keep him ...

Plenty of capable guys out there, shouldn’t be hard finding one that has earned their stripes coaching and atleast be competent on the trail ...

Advertisement
Not bad but it would want more info on his recruiting abilities. Doubt he's spent a lot of time recruiting SoFla from the looking at his resume.

Advertisement
Where did you read that at?
They fired 52 year Likens & replaced him with 30 year old Prentice Gill who's only experience was as a GA at San Jose St, QC at USC & Offensive Analyst at Oregon... Literally weeks after they hire Gill he helps them flip Johnny Wilson from Oregon in their 2020 class.

Likens was OC & QB's coach at AZ St & Herm replaced his entire offensive staff except Shaun Aguano.

He essentially did the same thing Diaz did this offseason, he brought in Zak Hill from Boise St, Prentice Gill from Oregon & elevated Derek Hagan from analyst to full time position coach. You think he got rid of his entire offensive staff & replaced them with younger guys with less experience because they did a good job?

Advertisement
The kids give two shyts about the young energetic coach if Miami is still at a coaching deficit and winds up 6-7 again. Win some ******* games. Miami had enough and has enough WR talent to be better on offense and be better in the ACC. You want the guys going to the SEC and Ohio State? Use the guys you have to beat Va. Tech, UNC, Ga. Tech by 20-30 on the way to multiple 10 win seasons. Show top kids your program is ready to take a step. Take a flyer on your potential "recruiting ace" when your house is order.

great post

This is a 52 year old dude from ohio and there should be concerns about him recruiting sfla. The fact is everybody can’t coach and recruit at miami.

They fired 52 year Likens & replaced him with 30 year old Prentice Gill who's only experience was as a GA at San Jose St, QC at USC & Offensive Analyst at Oregon... Literally weeks after they hire Gill he helps them flip Johnny Wilson from Oregon in their 2020 class.

Likens was OC & QB's coach at AZ St & Herm replaced his entire offensive staff except Shaun Aguano.

He essentially did the same thing Diaz did this offseason, he brought in Zak Hill from Boise St, Prentice Gill from Oregon & elevated Derek Hagan from analyst to full time position coach. You think he got rid of his entire offensive staff & replaced them with younger guys with less experience because they did a good job?
He's Recruiting classes were top 35 while he was OC. He recruited Jayden Daniel's to come play for him. Tbh I rather have a good coach over a good recruiter any day of the week. If he can coach and develop our WRs then that's all that matters to me.

Advertisement
Back