Name Emerging for WR Job.

Advertisement
Y’all can sit here and debate all you want. Manny is a fraud. We aren’t going ANYWHERE w him. Yes he’ll win the coastal w quite possibly the weakest schedule in CFBHISTORY, and y’all will be onboard for another 5 years of 8-4 football.

putting together an effective staff is tough, look at CMD's first year and some of those decisions.
some staff coaches need to be more "traditional coach"rather than recruiter and other spots more recruiter than "coach"
perfect world they would be good at both having said that DL coach think Auburns Tracy Rocker more recruiter than coach.
WR IMO seems to fall into latter group recruiter than "developmental coach" so i like L.Thomas who can kill it on talent

Advertisement
hard pass. Quality programs?:
La tech, Cal, Kansas , Ariz st.
those are quality teams for you? Wow
Sunny Dykes is a good coach, Todd Graham is a good coach and Herm Edwards is too. Likens has Air Raid experience and experience as OC under good coaches. Don't know if he's a good hire but this is a dumb way to look at it.

Advertisement
hard pass. Quality programs?:
La tech, Cal, Kansas , Ariz st.
those are quality teams for you? Wow
He was the Offensive Cordinator at Arizona State and Kansas. He was the WR coach at Arizona State,Cal and Temple. Yes I do think Cal and Arizona State are solid Pac 12 teams. He just put 2 WRs in the NFL at Arizona State. We can't just cherry pick any WR coach we want.

Y’all can sit here and debate all you want. Manny is a fraud. We aren’t going ANYWHERE w him. Yes he’ll win the coastal w quite possibly the weakest schedule in CFBHISTORY, and y’all will be onboard for another 5 years of 8-4 football.
We don't have a weak schedule. We play FSU,Wake Forest,Pitt, Virginia, Virginia Tech and North Carolina. All of these teams are quality opponents.

Advertisement
Sunny Dykes is a good coach, Todd Graham is a good coach and Herm Edwards is too. Likens has Air Raid experience and experience as OC under good coaches. Don't know if he's a good hire but this is a dumb way to look at it.
Ok he was fired from Ariz st cause he had the 94th ranked offense.

One of the reasons I’d rather have a head coach with an offensive background is not having to hire and reinstall new systems all the time as soon as your OC gets poached.

But if the locker room isn’t an opium den, and this program gets running with Diaz, I wouldn’t mind having two guys on staff with OC experience in Justice + this guy. It gives you the option to do what Clemson did when Morris left and keep the system running. Their position coaches (Elliot + Scott) were actually x and o savy to go with their recruiting prowess.

Advertisement
He was the Offensive Cordinator at Arizona State and Kansas. He was the WR coach at Arizona State,Cal and Temple. Yes I do think Cal and Arizona State are solid Pac 12 teams. He just put 2 WRs in the NFL at Arizona State. We can't just cherry pick any WR coach we want.

go look at the ranking of his offenses while at those schools. Besides 1year with Goff the rest were horrible. We can do better. **** if he was an elite recruiter I wouldn’t mind. He’s not even that.

Hiring a former OC with significant experience being a OC,WR Coach and QB Coach is making his job difficult. Likens is over qualified to work as a WR coach under Diaz tbh

Likens’ coaching experience as a OC have been:

SE MO St. (2 yrs)
Central CT (4 yrs)
Kansas (2 yrs)
ASU (2 yrs)

He’s had 4 yrs w/in the FBS rank as an OC.

His two year stint at KU as OC; the offense was absolutely deplorably dreadful.

His two year stint at ASU, his offense was mediocre at best.

Just b/c he has “OC experience” doesn’t mean he’s overly qualified to be under Manny. I question him being a candidate, as he’s produced not one NFL WR, either, and he’s stint as a WR coach was at FCS, G5, and 1 yr at ASU.

Too white.

Oh, ****. I forgot, Brian Hartline, the nation’s top recruiter and WR coach at OSU is white.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back