Name Emerging for WR Job.

Again...We need to get stronger in Dade and Sofla...Field/Hickson/and the goof Banda, ain't enough imo. This is the perfect spot to get another recruiter on the staff.

I'm not trying to downplay the characteristics you just mentioned, and agree Likens has a nice bio. But I would go young/energetic/recruiter with this hire. These tri-county kids IMO, give two shyts about a Rob Likens.
Rob Likens is considered a solid recruiter and has developed some NFL Caliber WRs at Arizona State. Nkeal Harry was a first round pick last year. Brandon Aiyuk is expected to be a 2nd-3rd round pick. We have South Florida guys like Hypolite,Cooney and Fields for South Florida Recruiting. Lashlee, Hickson and Justice are all very good Recruiters. We also have our ace in the hole in Ed Reed now.

Advertisement
The kids give two shyts about the young energetic coach if Miami is still at a coaching deficit and winds up 6-7 again. Win some ******* games. Miami had enough and has enough WR talent to be better on offense and be better in the ACC. You want the guys going to the SEC and Ohio State? Use the guys you have to beat Va. Tech, UNC, Ga. Tech by 20-30 on the way to multiple 10 win seasons. Show top kids your program is ready to take a step. Take a flyer on your potential "recruiting ace" when your house is order.

Just disagree, there is a spot for an ace now...And I'm not saying hire someone with no clue. Coaching WR isn't like coaching OL, for instance.

How about get an ace that can also coach?

And obviously I agree the performance and losses were **** poor this year, who doesn't?

Rob Likens is considered a solid recruiter and has developed some NFL Caliber WRs at Arizona State. Nkeal Harry was a first round pick last year. Brandon Aiyuk is expected to be a 2nd-3rd round pick. We have South Florida guys like Hypolite,Cooney and Fields for South Florida Recruiting. Lashlee, Hickson and Justice are all very good Recruiters. We also have our ace in the hole in Ed Reed now.

Maybe Reed can help indeed, not sure how much he'll be involved in recruiting.

Advertisement
The kids give two shyts about the young energetic coach if Miami is still at a coaching deficit and winds up 6-7 again. Win some ******* games. Miami had enough and has enough WR talent to be better on offense and be better in the ACC. You want the guys going to the SEC and Ohio State? Use the guys you have to beat Va. Tech, UNC, Ga. Tech by 20-30 on the way to multiple 10 win seasons. Show top kids your program is ready to take a step. Take a flyer on your potential "recruiting ace" when your house is order.

Thats a lot of logic for one post.

52 year old white man. Don’t want. CaNt ReCrUiT BlaCk Inner CItY kiDs
A17EF5E0-29A8-42C4-918B-B9DA93F4F5A7.jpeg

Again...We need to get stronger in Dade and Sofla...Field/Hickson/and the goof Banda, ain't enough imo. This is the perfect spot to get another recruiter on the staff.

I'm not trying to downplay the characteristics you just mentioned, and agree Likens has a nice bio. But I would go young/energetic/recruiter with this hire. These tri-county kids IMO, give two shyts about a Rob Likens.

These Tri-County kids don’t give a shlt either way. You’re fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

The bag divas are going to do what they’re going to do, does not matter who the WR coach is.

The kids that would be in play, want to go to a winning program where they develop and have a shot at the league. So give me a guy that can help in that, and that can evaluate, recruit and develop, and he’ll be fine.

We’ve hired tons of local guys that haven’t done shlt recruiting locally. Have you not been paying attention?

Not saying this is the guy or he isn’t, but if he checks the boxes then fine

Advertisement
Just disagree, there is a spot for an ace now...And I'm not saying hire someone with no clue. Coaching WR isn't like coaching OL, for instance.

How about get an ace that can also coach?

And obviously I agree the performance and losses were **** poor this year, who doesn't?
There is no ace at Miami until you win. If Likens is more qualified to help with the offense, can coach WRs and can help identify recruits that fit the offense then he's more important than some alleged top recruiter. Recruiting aint that hard if you win and you have bags. Kids aint that complicated.

Advertisement
There is no ace at Miami until you win. If Likens is more qualified to help with the offense, can coach WRs and can help identify recruits that fit the offense then he's more important than some alleged top recruiter. Recruiting aint that hard if you win and you have bags. Kids aint that complicated.

I see your point, but I see ace recruiters raiding Sofla before they win as well...Kids going to f'in Nebraska, and I've seen it with other schools.

All this white/black/recruiter/OC/QB coach argument crap - is BS.

We start running the table - and having fun doing it - recruiting will pretty much take care of itself.

Our really ****poor win/loss records in past years is WHY our recruiting was ****poor.

We all like vacations - anyone chomping at the bit to go vacation in Wuhan right now? No, because right now - it sucks.

Just like we've been doing for almost two decades.

Advertisement
Since we are breaking down this potential new WR coach, can anybody name the WR coaches at osu, lsu, bama, georgia, and clemson without looking it up? Point is, I can barely name 5 wr coaches at the NFL level. As long as the wrs can catch, block, and run the correct routes, I really don't care who the coach is.

Former Arizona State OC Rob Likens
White, black , Mexican , Asian, it don’t matter who we hire at the WR coach position kids will come as long as we win and see some god production for the wr position

Advertisement
Back