Name Emerging for WR Job.

Advertisement
Winning is the best recruiter. So give me a good coach that will help up the number of wins, over a recruiter any day.

Hiring a former OC with significant experience being a OC,WR Coach and QB Coach is making his job difficult. Likens is over qualified to work as a WR coach under Diaz tbh

I would say he's even more over qualified to be unemployed.

Advertisement
That means he’s perfect for Manure.

Dudes on here think all we need is a bunch of position coaches running around in lab coats inventing football. We need genius coordinators, and competent position coaches who are full of energy and could sell dyck to NYSOM.
The best staff's have a good mixture.

You want your OC/QB's coach, OL coach, DCoordinator & DL coach to be X's & O's technicians, DB, WR & RB's coaches should be recruiters that can also coach.

People think you can only have one or the other, either an entire staff full scientist or a whole staff full salesman, you can have both. Oklahoma is the perfect example of it, they have the perfect combination of gurus & ace recruiters.

I loved the Lashlee, Justice & Reed hires, not excited one bit about Likens, but I'm thinking he's just a name the Sentinal threw out there & not actually the guy.

Every time I read threads like this I get the same wonder and finally decided to try a post on it. Sure, a coach great at player development, strategy, and other field duties that ALSO HAS great recruiting capability is ideal, but is it that essential to have both at once?

I would settle for a great coach even if he has poor recruiting skills. Can't we get "other" recruiters, maybe ex-players, whatever inner outer connections, to do just that part? Is it a budget thing? An NCAA staff limitations thing? Just tradition it must be both? Really wondering, thanks.

Advertisement

You want your OC/QB's coach, OL coach, DCoordinator & DL coach to be X's & O's technicians, DB, WR & RB's coaches should be recruiters that can also coach.

People think you can only have one or the other, either an entire staff full scientist or a whole staff full salesman, you can have both. Oklahoma is the perfect example of it, they have the perfect combination of gurus & ace recruiters.

I loved the Lashlee, Justice & Reed hires, not excited one bit about Likens, but I'm thinking he's just a name the Sentinal threw out there & not actually the guy.

The Miami media tend to throw names out , Justice was nowhere on their radar.

That means he’s perfect for Manure.

Dudes on here think all we need is a bunch of position coaches running around in lab coats inventing football. We need genius coordinators, and competent position coaches who are full of energy and could sell dyck to NYSOM.

If he can sell ****** to NYSOM I'd be more impressed.

Advertisement
Herm Edwards replaced him this offseason at AZ St because he couldn't recruit...

It was more because he's a mediocre OC. Likens was the primary recruiter for two of ASU's three QB commits in the 2019 class, and the third, Jayden Daniels, wouldn't have committed if he wasn't comfortable with Likens. Getting three QBs in one class is **** near impossible these days.

He'd be a solid hire IMO, and he'd add experience to a young coaching staff. Not my first choice, but a logical one.

Advertisement

We see it exactly the same. Need a mix.

It was more because he's a mediocre OC. Likens was the primary recruiter for two of ASU's three QB commits in the 2019 class, and the third, Jayden Daniels, wouldn't have committed if he wasn't comfortable with Likens. Getting three QBs in one class is **** near impossible these days.

He'd be a solid hire IMO, and he'd add experience to a young coaching staff. Not my first choice, but a logical one.
I trust you.

The last man I trusted tied me up and ransacked my apartment.

I hope this isn’t a repeat.

Advertisement
Back