Markevious Brown (Part 2)

I have now scrolled up and down this thread, checked out the kid’s twitter feed, and looked at the CBs in 247. Why exactly does everyone think he is going to Ole ****? Aside from the fact that Rumph sucks and we have been a mess recruiting CBs, which is enough to cause the speculation.
Ivins latest update basically said as much. Nobody knows where he's picking, but following his recruitment he's always seemed to be waiting on an SEC offer. Now Ole Miss has come on strong lately and he's finally ready to make a decision. It just makes sense that he's picking Ole Miss. Could be picking us still, but at this point I for one don't feel he's worth all this work. Not to mention it's Rumph vs T. Buck, so there's that.

Advertisement
Ivins latest update basically said as much. Nobody knows where he's picking, but following his recruitment he's always seemed to be waiting on an SEC offer. Now Ole Miss has come on strong lately and he's finally ready to make a decision. It just makes sense that he's picking Ole Miss. Could be picking us still, but at this point I for one don't feel he's worth all this work. Not to mention it's Rumph vs T. Buck, so there's that.
I get it. But he put Ole **** in his final 4 w UM, Auburn, and VTech 2 months ago. Not sure why everyone is rattled now.

I get it. But he put Ole **** in his final 4 w UM, Auburn, and VTech 2 months ago. Not sure why everyone is rattled now.
Auburn had Brown lower on their list and I doubt he had a commitable offer there. I don't think Ole Miss really pushed for him until recently. He was a backup plan for both.

This kid is an SEC slurper and not that good, he's had forever to pick us and hasn't. I'd drop him.

Get the kid from Texas and one other and quit ******* around.

Lol I think this guy has the worst highlight tape I've ever seen on Hudl... It's literally just him making Tackles 15 yards down the field and he has one play where the WR ran a terrible route and It feel incomplete.... He literally has one highlight of a terribly thrown ball that came directly to him and he picked it off

Advertisement
Lol I think this guy has the worst highlight tape I've ever seen on Hudl... It's literally just him making Tackles 15 yards down the field and he has one play where the WR ran a terrible route and It feel incomplete.... He literally has one highlight of a terribly thrown ball that came directly to him and he picked it off
Sounds like he should fit in perfectly with our CB room other than Couch.

Advertisement
I just looked at your avatar man and hello to my fellow 82nd airborne brother. I was in the 2/505th PIR from 03 to 06. 2 panther baby! Lol were you a grunt too my man?
Oh ****, all the way, Airborne! No I wasn't an 11 bang bang my recruiter lied to me. I was in the PSB/SSB doing personnel work, your PAC used to report to us and I probably may have updated your records for your PLDC and SGT promotions. We were down there around the same time. I was there 2002-2005. Had a real close homie (RIP Brabazon) who was in the 505th that got KIA I think in Tikrit.

Oh ****, all the way, Airborne! No I wasn't an 11 bang bang my recruiter lied to me. I was in the PSB/SSB doing personnel work, your PAC used to report to us and I probably may have updated your records for your PLDC and SGT promotions. We were down there around the same time. I was there 2002-2005. Had a real close homie (RIP Brabazon) who was in the 505th that got KIA I think in Tikrit.
Small world man. Sorry to hear about your buddy. That was probably in 2004 right? Good ole Fayetteville life, I would imagine like me you spent plenty of time on the weekends at Sharkys, secrets, pure titanium and Itz nightclub. Lol

Why? This kid can go to Ole Miss for all I care. He doesn't want to come here. I don't blame Diaz for that. What I do blame Diaz and co. for is being in a situation where we are desperate for a CB and waiting on a player who clearly is trying to avoid Miami. If we had other CBs on the board, I'd tell Brown, "Sorry, all the seats are filled, see you in the portal."

1. Because we're in a situation where we're getting clowned by a guy we aren't even sure is Miami-starter quality
2, Because half a dozen kids we had a real shot at are going elsewhere due to our lack of effort recruiting them.
3. Because we pushed Burns out without a replacement. Burns may be small. But the kid is electric. He would have contributed.
4. Because FSU, which is falling apart, has 2 high-quality CBs committed whereas we have 1 high quality WR we're converting to CB and hoping will be good some day.
5. Because we have no board to speak of
6. Because we have a HC who micromanages his staff and a DC who is a blabbering idiot and a CB coach who has the cheese touch

We should move on. Even if he commits, he would be transferring 6 months from now. He needs to clear his mind.

Advertisement
People are entitled to their own opinion but you don’t get power 5 offers and play for IMG if you suck.

may not like his recruitment that’s cool, I don’t either but he doesn’t suck lol.

We put our entire recruiting focus at CB on this one kid so we better land him regardless of what some think of him as a player.

By all means I think he looks like a good prospect.

Top 3 corners are returning.. good luck finding a grad transfer that wants to play commit to that even if 2 of the 3 aren’t that good.

Advertisement
Small world man. Sorry to hear about your buddy. That was probably in 2004 right? Good ole Fayetteville life, I would imagine like me you spent plenty of time on the weekends at Sharkys, secrets, pure titanium and Itz nightclub. Lol
Yup. It was 2004. That was when it happened. Yea, it is a small world, my barracks was legit across the street from 3 day weekend billboard. 😂😂😂
Believe it or not, the old strip club off of Gruber I worked there on weekends as a bouncer from 04-05 and knew the owners real well. Loved white girl night on Wednesdays, been to Sharkys plenty of times, but loved Crazy Dave's. Sometimes you could catch Peter Pablo there. But Friday nights.... the sports bar on Longstreet. Soooooooooo many fights.... 😂😂😂

Sky Soldiers

Yup. It was 2004. That was when it happened. Yea, it is a small world, my barracks was legit across the street from 3 day weekend billboard. 😂😂😂
Believe it or not, the old strip club off of Gruber I worked there on weekends as a bouncer from 04-05 and knew the owners real well. Loved white girl night on Wednesdays, been to Sharkys plenty of times, but loved Crazy Dave's. Sometimes you could catch Peter Pablo there. But Friday nights.... the sports bar on Longstreet. Soooooooooo many fights.... 😂😂😂
Haha I went to that strip club one time man, I remember it like was yesterday. And the term “old” definitely fits it. You can tell that place had been there for a long, longtime! Lol and I remember crazy Dave’s too. So many memories. I also remember bar/club call Cancun club or Acapulco club and it was half night club/half country bar. That place was fight city too! Lol

Advertisement
Back