Markevious Brown (Part 2)

We put our entire recruiting focus at CB on this one kid so we better land him regardless of what some think of him as a player.

By all means I think he looks like a good prospect.

Top 3 corners are returning.. good luck finding a grad transfer that wants to play commit to that even if 2 of the 3 aren’t that good.
Did we?He always seemed to be in the back burner.Marshall was the one they put all their resources on and once he said no they were shocked and it seems haven't recovered yet.

Advertisement
We getting Arnold

giphy.gif

Did we?He always seemed to be in the back burner.Marshall was the one they put all their resources on and once he said no they were shocked and it seems haven't recovered yet.
True forgot about Marshall. I feel like they didn’t try on him until we got traction at palmetto and then we whiffed. There haven’t been many realistic targets.

1. Because we're in a situation where we're getting clowned by a guy we aren't even sure is Miami-starter quality
2, Because half a dozen kids we had a real shot at are going elsewhere due to our lack of effort recruiting them.
3. Because we pushed Burns out without a replacement. Burns may be small. But the kid is electric. He would have contributed.
4. Because FSU, which is falling apart, has 2 high-quality CBs committed whereas we have 1 high quality WR we're converting to CB and hoping will be good some day.
5. Because we have no board to speak of
6. Because we have a HC who micromanages his staff and a DC who is a blabbering idiot and a CB coach who has the cheese touch
Add to the fact that we should never be in this situation to begin with considering where the school is located and how many d1 db’s have left this area in the last 3 years that are contributing.
And we’re not even talking about the elite highly rated ones. A dude like Jayden Danvis could easily be at the very least a quality contributer. Instead we chase some dude from Alabama that so t even on the team.

Advertisement
Nothing can be further from the truth. Plenty of kids from img don’t pan out.
I don’t know the case for each bust but it could be a variety of things that contribute to that not just ability.

Parties hard , drug problem , caught up in the streets, chasing IG models etc.

1. Because we're in a situation where we're getting clowned by a guy we aren't even sure is Miami-starter quality
2, Because half a dozen kids we had a real shot at are going elsewhere due to our lack of effort recruiting them.
3. Because we pushed Burns out without a replacement. Burns may be small. But the kid is electric. He would have contributed.
4. Because FSU, which is falling apart, has 2 high-quality CBs committed whereas we have 1 high quality WR we're converting to CB and hoping will be good some day.
6. Because we have a HC who micromanages his staff and a DC who is a blabbering idiot and a CB coach who has the cheese touch

How mopey can this get?

"1. Because we're in a situation where we're getting clowned by a guy we aren't even sure is Miami-starter quality"

Where are you getting this insanity? Because he was "benched" in a game, even though the explanation was that he committed a personal foul and his coach sat him down?

Advertisement
How mopey can this get?

"1. Because we're in a situation where we're getting clowned by a guy we aren't even sure is Miami-starter quality"

Where are you getting this insanity? Because he was "benched" in a game, even though the explanation was that he committed a personal foul and his coach sat him down?
Brown isn't some sort of program-changing player, but this has been a **** poor recruitment by the staff and CB recruiting gets a big zero.

Brown isn't some sort of program-changing player, but this has been a **** poor recruitment by the staff and CB recruiting gets a big zero.

I'm not disagreeing with those points.

I just have a big problem when a chunk of our fanbase builds a false narrative around a particular recruit. What if he chooses UM? Good lord, I hope he never reads this board.

Agree with all that except no school has had more "high quality" busts at CB than FSU. All those 4* and 5* and Samuel is the only one who isn't awful.

So if a kid is a FSU commit, I'm not sold. Don't want any part of their DB class.

Marshall on the other hand....sigh

Advertisement
Haha I went to that strip club one time man, I remember it like was yesterday. And the term “old” definitely fits it. You can tell that place had been there for a long, longtime! Lol and I remember crazy Dave’s too. So many memories. I also remember bar/club call Cancun club or Acapulco club and it was half night club/half country bar. That place was fight city too! Lol
I have never heard of that one.
But I've been to a few banned strip clubs and massage parlors on the Murch..... if you know what I'm talking about...

I'm not disagreeing with those points.

I just have a big problem when a chunk of our fanbase builds a false narrative around a particular recruit. What if he chooses UM? Good lord, I hope he never reads this board.

You are so self-righteous, you should change your handle to Frasier. What false narrative am I pushing?

Brown looks like a good recruit athletically. I saw what D$ posted on him playing a good game and being pulled for mouthing off to the ref, not because he made any errors at CB. But he's no Jason Marshall. And his HUDL does show a lot of work needs to be done before he'd be any better than Blades or Ivey. If he ever gets there. Don't expect instant contribution in 2021.

Good lord, I hope he can handle a little bit of criticism after playing coy with the program for 6+ months.

Advertisement
You are so self-righteous, you should change your handle to Frasier. What false narrative am I pushing?

Brown looks like a good recruit athletically. I saw what D$ posted on him playing a good game and being pulled for mouthing off to the ref, not because he made any errors at CB. But he's no Jason Marshall. And his HUDL does show a lot of work needs to be done before he'd be any better than Blades or Ivey. If he ever gets there. Don't expect instant contribution in 2021.

Good lord, I hope he can handle a little bit of criticism after playing coy with the program for 6+ months.

"Played coy". More BS from you. The kid has had Miami in his final rankings all along.

Just keep building your false narratives.

Advertisement
Back