Markevious Brown (Part 2)

Advertisement
Let’s try to keep it to updates.

Thanks in advance.
1604610732144.gif

My bad, brother.
It’s not even you guys so much as that was just 6 posts and I get that stuff. I was literally joking in there about upvote dollars. Lol. It’s more that the thread ran it’s course and got stale like the T2 threads. That stuff adds on to it but it probably just needs a new start.

Advertisement
Should we even push for the kid? It seems like he's waiting on an offer or a team that already offered to get in contact with him. Also, I personally hope we back off the kid. I know we need CBs but I don't see it with him. I've seen IMG play a few times on TV and he hasn't done much of anything plus I believe it was his last game that he was either benched or maybe he got a little banged up. I'm not sure how but it's possible.

I'm pretty sure his next announcement will be a final 3... Then two months later, a top 2... Then the following week he'll announce he's returning as a 5th yr senior in highschool. Pretty much anything to not commit to us.

Advertisement
Banda blew me away with landing Avantae Williams at the end there last recruiting cycle. But Rumph is no Banda. And this kid does not want to play for us. Probably because he has no personal connection with Rumph.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree. But I also think him not being ready by now already says a lot. Not sure Saturday's game should change that either way. But these kids are 18 so here's hoping.

I think this year is a strange one. A lot of HS recruits may be giving the college coaches more leeway. "Hey, did you see how many of our players were out because of Covid", etc.

I think that it will be easier to see which coaches are "failing" (Norvell, Fuente) at Game 11 then it might be at Game 6 or 7.

I agree. But I also think him not being ready by now already says a lot. Not sure Saturday's game should change that either way. But these kids are 18 so here's hoping.
I hear you. We have no idea what coaches are saying. If we crush them like FSU it doesn’t matter what Fuente or his minions say anymore. At some point it’s **** or get off the pot. We are only a month from early signing.

I hear you. We have no idea what coaches are saying. If we crush them like FSU it doesn’t matter what Fuente or his minions say anymore. At some point it’s **** or get off the pot. We are only a month from early signing.

Yep. It's a lot harder for a coach to sell his "vision" when he has a losing record. It certainly makes the "vision" more of a long-term issue than a quick turnaround issue. And for kids who want to play (and win) quickly, how soon the "vision" can become "reality" matters.

Should we even push for the kid? It seems like he's waiting on an offer or a team that already offered to get in contact with him. Also, I personally hope we back off the kid. I know we need CBs but I don't see it with him. I've seen IMG play a few times on TV and he hasn't done much of anything plus I believe it was his last game that he was either benched or maybe he got a little banged up. I'm not sure how but it's possible.

we dont have a choice, but w rumph, we wont land him anyways

Advertisement
Back