Markevious Brown (Part 2)

The problem with CB recruiting in south Florida they go for the highest bidder, so we have to go recruit nationally and smaller names to try to fill roster, and the issue with that is smaller schools are on them sooner and build trust.. it has to be frustrating

Advertisement
The problem with CB recruiting in south Florida they go for the highest bidder, so we have to go recruit nationally and smaller names to try to fill roster, and the issue with that is smaller schools are on them sooner and build trust.. it has to be frustrating
Agree but Miami isn’t recruiting the non bag kids because oh height. Those kids are defending the top Wrs in SF and are getting passed over. Jaden Davis and Samuel should have been Canes. They came back late to recruit them.

Not playing preemptive sour grapes but how good is this kid in reality? Now there are reports of him getting benched and isn't this his first year starting?

Advertisement
Agree but Miami isn’t recruiting the non bag kids because oh height. Those kids are defending the top Wrs in SF and are getting passed over. Jaden Davis and Samuel should have been Canes. They came back late to recruit them.

Yes, this is an incredibly relevant point. It's like Miami has been creating two classes of CB recruits:

--Tall blue-chippers that EVERYBODY wants and certain schools pay for
--Shorter 3-stars that somehow aren't good enough for Miami, but go to every other Power 5 and ball out

We have to get better at this, and it's not all on Rumph, though some is. We seem to only reserve one spot in each class for a shorter guy that we relegate to "slot CB", while we continue to search for the taller unicorns for the rest of the spots.

Our CB recruiting has reached depths of awful that I no longer have adequate speculation as to what is going on. the above post seems accurate but no one seems to know what is happening to get us to that point. It's ridiculous.

I'm over this young man. Ain't gonna bash him, but clearly looks like he doesn't wanna really come here. 🤷🏿‍♂️

And this I can't put on Rumph, either.

ZERO EFFING CBs COMMITTED, MANNY DIAZ I KNOW YOU READ THIS BOARD, COACH!!! THOUGHT THIS WAS YOUR DREAM JOB, KEEP ON WITH THIS BULL**** IT WILL BE IT WAS ALL A DREAM

CB is an extremely hard position but we recruit it as if they are growing on trees, we need to offer corners that come to our camps and do our research and look for kids that we can groom that want to be here nationally. Stop wasting our energy trying to flip 5 starts getting paid thousands of dollars

Advertisement
I'm over this young man. Ain't gonna bash him, but clearly looks like he doesn't wanna really come here. 🤷🏿‍♂️

ZERO EFFING CBs COMMITTED, MANNY DIAZ I KNOW YOU READ THIS BOARD, COACH!!! THOUGHT THIS WAS YOUR DREAM JOB, KEEP ON WITH THIS BULL**** IT WILL BE IT WAS ALL A DREAM

I want a team full of Justin Jefferson’s and Deandre Hopkins, two star players that were hungry and wanted to just ball for there local colleges! We need to look for gems like that

CB is an extremely hard position but we recruit it as if they are growing on trees, we need to offer corners that come to our camps and do our research and look for kids that we can groom that want to be here nationally. Stop wasting our energy trying to flip 5 starts getting paid thousands of dollars
I keep hearing that, but how does Indiana, Cincinnati, Wisconsin, etc. do such a good job crooting CBs.

Advertisement
1) Thank you for your service.
2) That is an absolutely wild story for that guy to tell for the rest of his life.
Thank you.
And yes it is, but he's a Puerto Rican from BK, to then, is nothing. **** I remember when I was on a weekend pass and zi went to NY with my homie Garcia I'm marking out cause I saw Killa Cam in Harlem in his pink Range and Garcia was like, we don't trip, we see these mfers all the time, and that's when he told me about Biggie. He even tole me he was supposed to meet him after school to get something from him the day they busted him at school.

Advertisement
Our CB recruiting has reached depths of awful that I no longer have adequate speculation as to what is going on. the above post seems accurate but no one seems to know what is happening to get us to that point. It's ridiculous.
Mike Rumph and Diaz’s cold feet on firing him last winter has got us to this point and we all know it. Even if some don’t want to believe it! Fire Rumph and replace him with someone who actually has a resume coaching DBs in college and all this BS recruiting issues disappear.

Last edited:

Diaz definitely deserves a crap ton a blame for not listening to his gut and firing Rumph last year but how I’m the world can you say this isn’t on Rumph? It’s his dude from the beginning and his responsibility to land him period!

Man, I miss Christopher Wallace.

My homie I was in the 82D with (now a NYPD cop) used to go to school and get his greens from him.
I just looked at your avatar man and hello to my fellow 82nd airborne brother. I was in the 2/505th PIR from 03 to 06. 2 panther baby! Lol were you a grunt too my man?

E3FD1458-31A7-4D59-8061-06F5E17F4396.gif

Advertisement
Back