Markevious Brown (Part 2)

I haven’t really kept up with him or his recruitment for months cause it always looked like he was going to wait till the end to announce. Nothing the kid has done/not done has showed he isn’t interested in Miami. Y’all have created multiple threads and **** near 75 total pages for a kid who doesn’t even do interviews.

just wait and see instead of hanging on every little thing these kids do. We need corners and he has to see that. We will get two CB’s in the class either through recruiting or the portal.

then we can judge the staff and Rumph once it’s done. Although I do think it’s time to move on from a few of them.

Advertisement
Building drama seems to depend on whether anyone cares if he goes to Mississippi or not. I don't think he's building drama since I don't think many Canes fans are heavily invested..
Not heavily invested? Bruh, look at the title of this thread.

Advertisement

I'll be thrilled if he's another Tae. But I just don't believe a local kid waits this long and doesn't punk us. We better have backups, and if one of those guys wants in, we should make an ultimatum. Cannot rely on him.

I'll be thrilled if he's another Tae. But I just don't believe a local kid waits this long and doesn't punk us. We better have backups, and if one of those guys wants in, we should make an ultimatum. Cannot rely on him.
Wel even if he does jump aboard he’s not a tae level recruit

Still Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean is there anything wrong with this kid taking his time? He isn’t playing games, he didn’t commit and decommit once or twice, and he’s making sure he makes the right decision. Could we fault him for that?

He’s a CB that’s interested in Miami...we will have 0 patience. Those the rules.

But yes, you’re right. He’s not trolling or being a diva so we all just need to relax and let it play out.

yes this a Canes board lol.
Lol I wish he made a decision already too but everyone saying oh pull his offer tell him to choose now like come on let the kid take his time so he doesn’t regret it a few months from aka the South Florida kids who went to Nebraska.

He’s a CB that’s interested in Miami...we will have 0 patience. Those the rules.

But yes, you’re right. He’s not trolling or being a diva so we all just need to relax and let it play out.
I’m losing patience too with CB recruiting. Check that I’ve lost patience already lol but yes I can’t fault a kid who is taking his time, not drawing attention to himself, and going through the process maturely as it seems.

Advertisement
I mean is there anything wrong with this kid taking his time? He isn’t playing games, he didn’t commit and decommit once or twice, and he’s making sure he makes the right decision. Could we fault him for that?

You are absolutely correct.

It used to be the case that a kid had to troll us or throw our hat on the ground to earn this kind of hatred.

But between Covid, having 21 verbals, and Early Signing Day, some of our fans are destroying this kid for having a perfectly normal, totally quiet, and absolutely patient decision process.

The problem is we wait around and then he
picks another school. You have to take care of yourself. If your recruiting at a high level then kids wouldn’t be waiting around because we would be full at the CB position. This position continues to be a mess. One kid doesn’t make or break a position group, but constantly chasing kids till signing day is a recipe for disaster.

The problem is we wait around and then he
picks another school. You have to take care of yourself. If your recruiting at a high level then kids wouldn’t be waiting around because we would be full at the CB position. This position continues to be a mess. One kid doesn’t make or break a position group, but constantly chasing kids till signing day is a recipe for disaster.

And yet...the best schools have chased kids until Signing Day for decades...

The best do not chase. They are signed sealed and delivered behind doors. You think a kid is holding Saban / Swiney hostage. You don’t know football recruiting.

Advertisement
Back