Kayvon Thibodeaux: Cristobal Will Turn Miami Into An Army"

Saban won the national title in year 3. Smart won the SEC year 2 and in the CFP. So 3 to 5 is realistic; however, the portal has changed a lot to fill gaps.
Saban as much as I dislike saying it is the greatest college football coach of all time. He won a natty at LSU before he hit-it and quit-it with the phins for two years.

I won’t be disappointed if it takes Mario longer than three years. Would be amazing if it happens that quickly though.

Advertisement
I don't think Jake is great but that's jmo who knows. I said he never plays here we shall see if Im right.
Hopefully you’re wrong on that one man. I don’t think we will learn much about him until next season maybe. I’m still not convinced TVD is going anywhere after this season even if he has a monster year

Hopefully you’re wrong on that one man. I don’t think we will learn much about him until next season maybe. I’m still not convinced TVD is going anywhere after this season even if he has a monster year
Yea TVD stays. I don't like Jake's mobility and his arm. He's accurate but he's a first read guy from what I seen and he isn't a threat at all with his legs vs elite squads. I think he's easy to defend if u have a good defense. That's jmo I never liked him or his game.

Edit: let me rephrase that I didn't mean I don't like him as a person. Just his game he's not as good as the ranking and what people say.

I think he went to the Natty his first year but that roster was great under MR and a program that spent. When Kirby got there they started spending more he showed them the bama way. Mario knows the way to it will take time. I will not complain for two years if I see top three type classes and most elites staying home. My thing with Manny I knew he wasn't going to recruit well so I was always mad cause there was no hope coming in.
He went 8-5 his first year, with probably a better roster or similar in talent. Shows like you say you recruit first and the wins come. Also hopefully we give the time to get there as long as the recruiting stays high.

Advertisement
3 seasons to build the depth where Mario is reloading and the next man up isn’t a true or redshirt freshman. There will be dead weight transferring out and growing pains of the young fellas. Still, the Canes should win the Coastal baring a rash of key injuries. Games will be closer than we fans would like them to be but as the season progresses we will see the development of the program.

Advertisement
Mario was in year 4 at oregon and they were in the race for a playoff birth. I saw oregon fans say before Mario left, next year was the year they’d be complete because they had alot of young players and injuries this year and with another top class it would push them to the next level.

So somewhere between 3 to 5 years is where I think we’ll be serious.

Yea TVD stays. I don't like Jake's mobility and his arm. He's accurate but he's a first read guy from what I seen and he isn't a threat at all with his legs vs elite squads. I think he's easy to defend if u have a good defense. That's jmo I never liked him or his game.

Edit: let me rephrase that I didn't mean I don't like him as a person. Just his game he's not as good as the ranking and what people say.
He hasn't played a college game yet! You basing it off of high school tape? and this will be his 2nd year in s&c program at least see him spring practice!

Bro, he is not even 20 years old...

Advertisement
Year 4 IMO - when the 23 class are Juniors.
That will be the year we are in the hunt....anything sooner would be crazy level of success.
I’m going with this.
Schnelly had the balls with our team at the time to say 5.
Surely this team can do it in 4.

In ‘25 we play ND and uF at home.

Last edited:
I'd say we'll be in the playoffs by 2023 season if TVD stays for his senior year. If Jake Garcia or jacurri takes over, then who knows. We should still be in position to win the ACC.

Advertisement
Mario was in year 4 at oregon and they were in the race for a playoff birth. I saw oregon fans say before Mario left, next year was the year they’d be complete because they had alot of young players and injuries this year and with another top class it would push them to the next level.

So somewhere between 3 to 5 years is where I think we’ll be serious.
His recruiting will be better at Miami.

Better location, better destination.

If we can find our next TVD is the question
We already got one that, IMO, is better- Garcia. No knock on how good TVD is because he showed us he's the real deal in live action. It's just when I watch the few times I watched Garcia, Spring Game and Mop up duty, I loved his quick release and accuracy. He reminded me of Aaron Rogers (save the bs). I'm excited for TVD to lead us again. Never liked King and I've never waivered on my support for Garcia.

It's not just about the talent Cristobal brings to Miami, it's about the talent that doesn't go to UGA, Alabama, Clemson, etc.
So TRUE! The more resources (players) we keep home limits the Florida resources available to the Confederate Conference teams. Including Clemson.

Some are saying we need 3 to 5 years of patience while he build something?

Am I reading that right?

We switched coaching staffs not fan bases.

****, half this board was already turning on Mario for taking his time hiring his staff.

His honeymoon ends with the first bad loss here.

Advertisement
Back