Kayvon Thibodeaux: Cristobal Will Turn Miami Into An Army"

We already got one that, IMO, is better- Garcia. No knock on how good TVD is because he showed us he's the real deal in live action. It's just when I watch the few times I watched Garcia, Spring Game and Mop up duty, I loved his quick release and accuracy. He reminded me of Aaron Rogers (save the bs). I'm excited for TVD to lead us again. Never liked King and I've never waivered on my support for Garcia.
I like Jake's potential but he has to prove he has comparable arm strength & poise within the pocket to TVD to say he's better IMO.

Advertisement
I like Jake's potential but he has to prove he has comparable arm strength & poise within the pocket to TVD to say he's better IMO.
Jake played in ONE game, against CCSU. How anyone can base anything off that scrimmage is silly. I don't even count the spring game either. Multiple players were out, and QBs weren't getting hit. TVD has shown, in multiple real games, what he can do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Garcia isn't the real deal, but to say, right now, that Garcia is better is crazy.

Good news is that Miami is giving a guy who knows what it takes the money he needs to succeed. From what everyone says, Mario is relentless.

Miami is in the best position we’ve been in since I can remember. I’m in my late 20s and I was a kid last time we were really relevant
Same, 28 in March I don’t really remember a dominant Hurricanes team. First memory was dad yelling at the 2002 pass interference

Advertisement
We were taking Jermaine Johnson vs Deandre Johnson last year from 8-9 wins, including winning the last 6 straight.

We now have an elite coaching staff.

Why not expect more?
Because we aren’t good enough to beat the Bamas and UGAs of the world in my opinion. But of course I’m with you that I expect a better team immediately

That’s not mopery we just aren’t there yet. But I’m not going to even go down this road to be honest. This is the most excited I’ve been in 20 years for this team. I can’t wait

Same, 28 in March I don’t really remember a dominant Hurricanes team. First memory was dad yelling at the 2002 pass interference
Lol remember being a kid and looking at the sports section of the newspaper to see what happened in the hurricanes game if you missed it?

What a blast from the past. Technology has changed so much about how we live in such a relatively short amount of time.

Advertisement
We already got one that, IMO, is better- Garcia. No knock on how good TVD is because he showed us he's the real deal in live action. It's just when I watch the few times I watched Garcia, Spring Game and Mop up duty, I loved his quick release and accuracy. He reminded me of Aaron Rogers (save the bs). I'm excited for TVD to lead us again. Never liked King and I've never waivered on my support for Garcia.
I know it’s hypothetical, but if you carry out TVD’s stats for an entire season he arguably wins the Heisman (record probably the deciding factor). His stats would have been comp to Joe Burrow “best offense ever” stats. And you think Garcia is better than him?!?! Lord I hope you’re right!!

Advertisement
Jake played in ONE game, against CCSU. How anyone can base anything off that scrimmage is silly. I don't even count the spring game either. Multiple players were out, and QBs weren't getting hit. TVD has shown, in multiple real games, what he can do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Garcia isn't the real deal, but to say, right now, that Garcia is better is crazy.
I know it was only half a season but it seems like a lot of people are oblivious to the level of stats TVD was putting up! Literally all-time possibly heisman level stats. I mean I hope Garcia is the ****! Having back to back amazing QBs would be fantanstic for continued success. But man TVD was KILLING IT!! Hypothetical but if TVD plays the whole season and doesn’t have that horrible D, Diaz is still employed here.

We were taking Jermaine Johnson vs Deandre Johnson last year from 8-9 wins, including winning the last 6 straight.

We now have an elite coaching staff.

Why not expect more?
Here is why I suggest having tempered expectations:

Our coaching staff is elite at building a program but building a program takes time. This isn’t the NFL where it’s only about managing people and calling plays. Elite college football teams require elite players and in college the coaches job is to recruit. The only knock on our head coach is that he isn’t a game day wizard. Our staff will build a monster but it’s strength will come in recruiting which they haven’t had time to do yet.

Last year we weren’t as talented as some people think we were. We were in 7 games that were decided by one possession or less.

G5 team App state W 25-23
Virginia L 30-28
UNC L 45-42
NCSU W 31-30
Pitt W 38-34
GT W 33-30
FSU L 31-28

We were 4-3 against these guys lol.

We were 7-5. We had some close loses that could’ve been wins with a bounce here or there but we had more wins that could’ve been loses.

I’m really happy with the direction the program is going and know these guys will make big change at Miami. I’m not expecting for them to change the landscape of college football after the first season.

****** ecstatic. I think anyone who isn't doesn't want to see us back. This is what a real staff looks like. I hate to say it but I possibly like this version more than what was put together when he got here. My only thing (and it's a good one)is were going to have teams plucking us or attempting to for our staff. Several head coaches or NFL gigs in waiting. The original agreements were Kenny and chud which I would've loved the offense we ran but I was concerned with our recruiting. Defense had two names attached to it as well which I just doubt now after seeing how things shook out so I'm gonna leave that one alone. Both would've been good hires but personally I've always liked Steele's defense dating back to fspoo days.

I'm taking your enthusiasm as a very, very good sign. This was your response after a lackluster 2-2 start for Manny.

1644592578312.png

Advertisement
I know it was only half a season but it seems like a lot of people are oblivious to the level of stats TVD was putting up! Literally all-time possibly heisman level stats. I mean I hope Garcia is the ****! Having back to back amazing QBs would be fantanstic for continued success. But man TVD was KILLING IT!! Hypothetical but if TVD plays the whole season and doesn’t have that horrible D, Diaz is still employed here.
Bro we all know how great TVD played last year but this is straight up wrong.

It cheapens what he actually did as a freshmen when you compare him to the greatest single season of QB play in CFB history.

I’m not trying to put the guy down he was great but what you’re saying is crazy

Bro we all know how great TVD played last year but this is straight up wrong.

It cheapens what he actually did as a freshmen when you compare him to the greatest single season of QB play in CFB history.

I’m not trying to put the guy down he was great but what you’re saying is crazy
TVD avg almost 400yds a game and avg 3 TDs a game over the 8 games he started. And that’s including the first couple games where he was learning on the fly. If you stretch out those numbers over a full season….that’s on par with Bryce Young Heisman winning numbers. I’m not saying he’s going to break all of Burrows numbers, but if he continues his averages that’s flirting with Heisman territory.

“It cheapens what he actually did as a freshmen when you compare him to the greatest single season of QB play in CFB history.” This just makes TVD that much more impressive. As a freshman he put up numbers that would have put him at least near the realm of what Burrow did as a senior on a ridiculously stacked team!

TVD had a better first year starting stat wise than Burrow did and TVD played 5 less games. Then Burrow went insane year 2. I’m just saying there’s no reason to believe TVD can’t at least continue playing to what his averages currently are. Which if he does is Heisman level stats.

My point was people saying Garcia is still better when TVD is currently putting up ridiculous numbers. I hope Garcia and Jacurri are legit and we can just continue a QB factory! But I don’t think we should down play how ridiculous TVD was and could be going forward!

Last edited:
TVD avg almost 400yds a game and avg 3 TDs a game over the 8 games he started. And that’s including the first couple games where he was learning on the fly. If you stretch out those numbers over a full season….that’s on par with Bryce Young Heisman winning numbers. I’m not saying he’s going to break all of Burrows numbers, but if he continues his averages that’s flirting with Heisman territory.

TVD had a better first year starting stat wise than Burrow did and TVD played 5 less games. Then Burrow went insane year 2. I’m just saying there’s no reason to believe TVD can’t at least continue playing to what his averages currently are. Which if he does is Heisman level stats.

My point was people saying Garcia is still better when TVD is currently putting up ridiculous numbers. I hope Garcia and Jacurri are legit and we can just continue a QB factory! But I don’t think we should down play how ridiculous TVD was and could be going forward!
I'm glad you're walking back the Burrow's heisman season comparison because that year was like a glitch in the matrix lol. In the two playoff games he had over 900 yards, 12 TDs, and 0 interceptions, 79 rush yrds and 2 rushing TDs.

I'm not hating on TVD he had a really great year. But comparing him to the best of all time single season isn't right and sets TVD up for failure.

This is a comparison of just the games that were in conference for TVD and Burrow since they both played all of the conference games. Burrow had one extra game since they made the conference championship. When you include Burrow's games in the playoffs and his games against out of conference opponents his averages all go up.
NameAttemptsCompletionsComp. %YardsTDsIntsRateRecords
Burrow24031177.17%3249323197.09-0
TVD19231361.34%2661226152.15-3

I actually agree with your point that there isn't much of a point in saying that Garcia is going to be better than TVD, but in trying to defend TVD from that I think you're going too far in the other direction.

I'm a huge believer in both of them and hope they beat Burrow's records but trying to keep myself grounded in facts.

“It cheapens what he actually did as a freshmen when you compare him to the greatest single season of QB play in CFB history.” This just makes TVD that much more impressive. As a freshman he put up numbers that would have put him at least near the realm of what Burrow did as a senior on a ridiculously stacked team!

You editing your post after I've responded makes it difficult to keep a fluid conversation going. Would be more fair to respond again with the new thoughts you add after seeing my response to your comment.

In any case, I added Bryce Young's stats from conference play and the conference championship also excluding the CFP.

NameAttemptsCompletionsComp. %YardsTDsIntsRateRecord
Burrow24031177.17%3249323197.09-0
TVD19231361.34%2661226152.15-3
Bryce Young35222764.49%3168263162.88-1

His numbers are still better than TVD's, but you're absolutely right that his numbers are in the ballpark of last years heisman winning quarterback when comparing their conference games.

TVD had his first year and we can be optimistic that with that experience he'll have an even better year. He won't win the heisman unless we are one of the best teams in football and we won't be one of the best teams in football unless he can help us win games we should win. If he takes a step forward next year by coming out of games with confidence and rhythm and we win 10+ games he'll absolutely be in the Heisman convo.

I'm not downplaying how great he can be but he didn't have numbers comparable to Burrow's record breaking year which is the comment I originally replied to, you've since moved the goalpost a number of times. He averaged 333 yards per game btw its disingenuous to say "almost 400." Thats what I'm talking about. Why not just say he averaged 333 or almost 350 yards and be honest and let the impressive achievement speak for itself.

Advertisement
Back