Kayvon Thibodeaux: Cristobal Will Turn Miami Into An Army"

Advertisement
If Mario is at 9 or 15 in recruiting classes with bad records then u can fire, if hes bringing top 5 talent yearly u cant fire him. Kirby took awhile and stacked
True, Kirby only won 8 games the first year I believe and had a pretty good roster I would imagine similar to what Mario is getting.

5 years? With this fan base? Forget it. He has 2.
Banners of Discontent shall be flown by game 4 of Season 1 if he does not appease CIS!!!

Screenshot_20220104-200136_DuckDuckGo.jpg

not trying to throw shade on Garcia but there just is no way of knowing how a kid is going to play until he takes snaps against other P5 programs.

edit: just read JHall's post above. great minds think alike.
It was a gloried high school team so I admit it wasn’t the best place to get a good look, but Garcia had major moxie and confidence out there. I can tell he’s got what it takes to lead a team. Everyone was saying how he was going to bolt too bc TVD took off. Bunch of mopes

Watch this kid cheer our guys on from the sidelines. He’s a heII of a teammate and a good leader to take over next

Advertisement
****** ecstatic. I think anyone who isn't doesn't want to see us back. This is what a real staff looks like. I hate to say it but I possibly like this version more than what was put together when he got here. My only thing (and it's a good one)is were going to have teams plucking us or attempting to for our staff. Several head coaches or NFL gigs in waiting. The original agreements were Kenny and chud which I would've loved the offense we ran but I was concerned with our recruiting. Defense had two names attached to it as well which I just doubt now after seeing how things shook out so I'm gonna leave that one alone. Both would've been good hires but personally I've always liked Steele's defense dating back to fspoo days.

U’re concern is what I just told my boy. I said finally we have a staff pieced together that’s worth plucking from. That’s the ultimate compliment to a HC. It’s a low key love/hate scenario, but it brings credence to ur rep when u have guys on staff that can move on to the NFL or a HC position. It makes it easier to replace those guys w/ future highly sought after coaches to replace them. Agree w/ u & I’m ecstatic. Complete breath of fresh air, & this is how an off season is supposed to be.

True, Kirby only won 8 games the first year I believe and had a pretty good roster I would imagine similar to what Mario is getting.
I think he went to the Natty his first year but that roster was great under MR and a program that spent. When Kirby got there they started spending more he showed them the bama way. Mario knows the way to it will take time. I will not complain for two years if I see top three type classes and most elites staying home. My thing with Manny I knew he wasn't going to recruit well so I was always mad cause there was no hope coming in.

I think he went to the Natty his first year but that roster was great under MR and a program that spent. When Kirby got there they started spending more he showed them the bama way. Mario knows the way to it will take time. I will not complain for two years if I see top three type classes and most elites staying home. My thing with Manny I knew he wasn't going to recruit well so I was always mad cause there was no hope coming in.
Georgia was in a MUCH better spot with talent on the roster when Kirby took over.

This train is turning around in Miami and we’re going to be an elite program — but it takes time.

We’re so far from Bama, Georgia, and Ohio State right now it’s not funny.

Nabbing a top 3 class would be a signal that we’re on our way towards contending for a title but that is a lot easier said than done.

Nah want to give the coaching staff a little more time though to build a contender unless you want to be disappointed

Everyone on the roster would have to be
nah hes right its a rebuild bruh3-5 is my timing

Bama and UGAs entire roster are guys from elite full classes, no transition years etc. Hard to beat that until we’re there. You can look at the start UGA got off to with Smart but Richt was recruiting much better at UGA previously than Diaz has been here. Doubt they had the gaping holes at OL, LB, CB and D line like we have.

Advertisement
Georgia was in a MUCH better spot with talent on the roster when Kirby took over.

This train is turning around in Miami and we’re going to be an elite program — but it takes time.

We’re so far from Bama, Georgia, and Ohio State right now it’s not funny.

Nabbing a top 3 class would be a signal that we’re on our way towards contending for a title but that is a lot easier said than done.

Nah want to give the coaching staff a little more time though to build a contender unless you want to be disappointed
Facts we don't have that type of roster. I always watch the elites and their classes are head and shoulders above ours. If I broke it down to tiers and those teams recruit at a 1st tier while we recruit in the 3rd over the years. We about to see real monsters next cycle where fans will be like wtf is going on.

Everyone on the roster would have to be

Bama and UGAs entire roster are guys from elite full classes, no transition years etc. Hard to beat that until we’re there. You can look at the start UGA got off to with Smart but Richt was recruiting much better at UGA previously than Diaz has been here. Doubt they had the gaping holes at OL, LB, CB and D line like we have.
Facts

UGA had money spent when MR was there and had a pretty good and close to elite roster. Kirby took it to the next level and implemented the bama mold

Facts we don't have that type of roster. I always watch the elites and their classes are head and shoulders above ours. If I broke it down to tiers and those teams recruit at a 1st tier while we recruit in the 3rd over the years. We about to see real monsters next cycle where fans will be like wtf is going on.
Exactly lol

The talent disparity is as big between the 4th and 5th best team in college football as between the 5th and the 15th.

There are levels to this **** and it’s going to take time to get into the upper echelon

Exactly lol

The talent disparity is as big between the 4th and 5th best team in college football as between the 5th and the 15th.

There are levels to this **** and it’s going to take time to get into the upper echelon
Alot of our own fans don't realize that. When u go to livestreams on YT fans of UM are delusional. They think all our guys are first round types. **** is crazy if u ask me. We got guys but it's so imbalanced especially at OL DL WR (no first round types) LB CB. Those positions need complete rebuilds.

Advertisement
Still expect to begin pushing the **** through the eyes of these puzzy basketball schools relatively soon though*

Alot of our own fans don't realize that. When u go to livestreams on YT fans of UM are delusional. They think all our guys are first round types. **** is crazy if u ask me. We got guys but it's so imbalanced especially at OL DL WR (no first round types) LB CB. Those positions need complete rebuilds.

You realize it when Andrew bans 50 accounts for spoilerless booty gifs in a commit thread for a kid that Bama UGA etc pass on.

Advertisement
Yeah I mean there’s no doubt he’s a better “prospect” than TVD was coming in but we aren’t gonna know until he actually gets to play

I know it’s cliche’ to talk about “when the bullets fly” but man just look at TVD…it’s crazy really
I don't think Jake is great but that's jmo who knows. I said he never plays here we shall see if Im right.

This was posted the other day on Reddit/CFB and provides data that supports what we’re talking about:

“Last year, Georgia and Alabama had a total of 76 Top 100 players from the 247 Composite Rankings. This covers the 2016-2021 recruiting classes, no active Top 100 player came from an earlier class.

Meanwhile, 107 other FBS teams had a total of 75 Top 100 players. This includes the entire Group of Five and nearly two-thirds of the Power Five. The teams are listed in the comments.

Other observations:

• Georgia (36) and Alabama (40) had as many Top 100 players as the Big Ten (76), and more than the ACC (57) and Pac-12 (52).
  • Georgia, Alabama, and Ohio State (36) individually had more than the Big XII (32).
  • Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson (22), and LSU (22) individually had more than the Group of Five (18). Texas A&M also had 18.
  • The CFP national champion with the fewest Top 100 players was 2016 Clemson (16).
  • All 18 Group of Five players transferred there from the Power Five.
  • Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, Texas A&M, and two of Oklahoma/Florida/Oregon (15) had a total of 204. The remaining 122 teams had a total of 202.
  • The following players began their careers at Georgia, Alabama, or Ohio State before transferring:
    • Georgia (6): Netori Johnson (Middle Tennessee State), Cade Mays (Tennessee), Brenton Cox (Florida), Luke Ford (Illinois), Otis Reese (Ole Miss), Tyrique Stevenson (Miami)
    • Alabama (4): Ben Davis (Texas), VanDarius Cowan (West Virginia), Tyrell Shavers (San Diego State), Ishmael Sopsher (USC)
    • Ohio State (5): Tate Martell (UNLV), Jaelen Gill (Boston College), Jameson Williams (Alabama), Mookie Cooper (Missouri), Tyreke Johnson (Nebraska)

FULL LISTINGS OF TOP 100 PLAYERS BY TEAM:

3-5 for championship contention. 1-2 for an ACC title. I think the focus should be to win conference titles. You're not getting into the CFP from the ACC without winning the conference. Then the focus can be on winning the natty.

ACC titles == CFP births
Saban won the national title in year 3. Smart won the SEC year 2 and in the CFP. So 3 to 5 is realistic; however, the portal has changed a lot to fill gaps.

This was posted the other day on Reddit/CFB and provides data that supports what we’re talking about:

“Last year, Georgia and Alabama had a total of 76 Top 100 players from the 247 Composite Rankings. This covers the 2016-2021 recruiting classes, no active Top 100 player came from an earlier class.

Meanwhile, 107 other FBS teams had a total of 75 Top 100 players. This includes the entire Group of Five and nearly two-thirds of the Power Five. The teams are listed in the comments.

Other observations:

• Georgia (36) and Alabama (40) had as many Top 100 players as the Big Ten (76), and more than the ACC (57) and Pac-12 (52).
  • Georgia, Alabama, and Ohio State (36) individually had more than the Big XII (32).
  • Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson (22), and LSU (22) individually had more than the Group of Five (18). Texas A&M also had 18.
  • The CFP national champion with the fewest Top 100 players was 2016 Clemson (16).
  • All 18 Group of Five players transferred there from the Power Five.
  • Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, Texas A&M, and two of Oklahoma/Florida/Oregon (15) had a total of 204. The remaining 122 teams had a total of 202.
  • The following players began their careers at Georgia, Alabama, or Ohio State before transferring:
    • Georgia (6): Netori Johnson (Middle Tennessee State), Cade Mays (Tennessee), Brenton Cox (Florida), Luke Ford (Illinois), Otis Reese (Ole Miss), Tyrique Stevenson (Miami)
    • Alabama (4): Ben Davis (Texas), VanDarius Cowan (West Virginia), Tyrell Shavers (San Diego State), Ishmael Sopsher (USC)
    • Ohio State (5): Tate Martell (UNLV), Jaelen Gill (Boston College), Jameson Williams (Alabama), Mookie Cooper (Missouri), Tyreke Johnson (Nebraska)

FULL LISTINGS OF TOP 100 PLAYERS BY TEAM:

Big facts

This is why they win it isn't rocket science. Now we have a truly elite recruiting staff. I'll tell u by next class if these guys will win a Natty here or be playoff bound. I always thought throughout the years we were trash at recruiting. Being where we were allows us to slip up vs ACC teams and nobodies. Did we have bad coaching? Yea but they couldn't recruit well either. When u saw bama and UGA OSU and Clemsons classes our **** looked liked a bunch of scrubs.

Advertisement
Back