Kayvon Thibodeaux: Cristobal Will Turn Miami Into An Army"

We gotta hold on to Jake. He is the goods. I was not high on him initially in High School, but I'm sold. He is a player.
Yeah I mean there’s no doubt he’s a better “prospect” than TVD was coming in but we aren’t gonna know until he actually gets to play

I know it’s cliche’ to talk about “when the bullets fly” but man just look at TVD…it’s crazy really

Advertisement
Garcia is elite too. If we land one or these elite QB prospects this cycle then we could end up having a nice run of QBs.
not trying to throw shade on Garcia but there just is no way of knowing how a kid is going to play until he takes snaps against other P5 programs.

edit: just read JHall's post above. great minds think alike.

The line isn't as bad as you guys think. Watch what real coaching, real strength & nutrition program and this scheme will do for them. It's just a question of if these dudes can play with a nasty side... Moving forward that's the type of kids we'll be bringing in.
Seems you’re pleased with Mario’s direction so far to say the least. What’s your feelings about the staff so far?

Advertisement
Well if he doesn't do it in year 1 he will lose support from most of the porsters on this board... **** he might lose them with his grad assistant picks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seems you’re pleased with Mario’s direction so far to say the least. What’s your feelings about the staff so far?
****** ecstatic. I think anyone who isn't doesn't want to see us back. This is what a real staff looks like. I hate to say it but I possibly like this version more than what was put together when he got here. My only thing (and it's a good one)is were going to have teams plucking us or attempting to for our staff. Several head coaches or NFL gigs in waiting. The original agreements were Kenny and chud which I would've loved the offense we ran but I was concerned with our recruiting. Defense had two names attached to it as well which I just doubt now after seeing how things shook out so I'm gonna leave that one alone. Both would've been good hires but personally I've always liked Steele's defense dating back to fspoo days.

****** ecstatic. I think anyone who isn't doesn't want to see us back. This is what a real staff looks like. I hate to say it but I possibly like this version more than what was put together when he got here. My only thing (and it's a good one)is were going to have teams plucking us or attempting to for our staff. Several head coaches or NFL gigs in waiting. The original agreements were Kenny and chud which I would've loved the offense we ran but I was concerned with our recruiting. Defense had two names attached to it as well which I just doubt now after seeing how things shook out so I'm gonna leave that one alone. Both would've been good hires but personally I've always liked Steele's defense dating back to fspoo days.
It’s been a long time coming. I’m still trying to catch my breath. Lol. I always want to hear your insight and opinion because I have no doubt you know what it should look like. Thanks for that.

I guess that’s a good problem to have if our coaches are being plucked for bigger opportunities. Double edged sword. But through this entire process, it’s obvious Mario has an extensive Rolodex.

Advertisement

the Mario Hurricanes will be different. They will look, play, act, and differently than what we've seen the past 17 years or so.

This program is no longer a Toledo Mud Hens masquerading as a big league franchise...

Advertisement
Right. We essentially have free agency in cfb now? When you have an ace recruiter AND money, there’s no such thing as a “rebuild “ anymore. Bring in seasoned kids at need positions- “plug and play”. The only thing that Mario really has to “rebuild “ is the culture? That should be in place by year ~2? Hard work is the culture. Hard work =winning…winning = more talent….talent + hard work =more winning…..which eventually = dynasty.

I think we’re good…

Advertisement
Back