Kayvon Thibodeaux: Cristobal Will Turn Miami Into An Army"

Always liked Thibodeaux. He seems to like Miami a lot too or maybe it’s just Cristobal. But him saying this helps with recruiting. Those high schools kids are gonna see a potential top pick say something like this and think that can be me.

Advertisement
I'm looking at next year to be in the playoff hunt and winning ACC. The 23 class WRs can make an immediate impact if given the opportunity. We see it all over the country including Bama. Also, the team will have had over a year in the "process" and we don't play Clemson (replaced with BC) and get a&m at home.

I would like to win the division and play WELL against Clemson in the ACCCG. We don't even need to win it to show real progress, just stop embarrassing ourselves every time we're on the big stage. That would be real, real instant progress.

Anything above that is gravy for 2022 IMO.

I would like to win the division and play WELL against Clemson in the ACCCG. We don't even need to win it to show real progress, just stop embarrassing ourselves every time we're on the big stage. That would be real, real instant progress.

And, as Butch once said, play our best game in our last game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A better coached team

They also probably had more talent this year...At least in the upper classes and as far as staying healthy. Oregon was a year away even before the injuries. But ya on gameday I would agree Whittingham > CMC

But in all fairness, CMC and Oregon did the same exact thing to Utah 2 years ago, blew em out. But ya would have liked for at least one of the meetings this year to be close.

They also probably had more talent this year...At least in the upper classes and as far as staying healthy. Oregon was a year away even before the injuries. But ya on gameday I would agree Whittingham > CMC

But in all fairness, CMC and Oregon did the same exact thing to Utah 2 years ago, blew em out. But ya would have liked for at least one of the meetings this year to be close.
Yes, but we love to cherry pick this game, or that game, or this series to find flaws in someone we don't like. Does not matter if the exact opposite occured the year prior.

Don’t be surprised if Mario’s run is similar to him harbaugh as Michigan. Good teams stacked year after year but not elite and finally breaks through into the playoff in like year 7

Yeah I mean I’m not knocking Mario. As we’ve seen some coaches also just kinda have a guys number from time to time. College football is pretty wild and Whittingham is absolutely an elite coach. He’s up there with the best of the best imo

I have some concerns with Mario as I think most do, but same time it’s also a perfect fit and position for him to be successful here

Advertisement

Exactly. "Winning" would be simply showing we belong, at this point. I am sick of the 30 point losses every time we play a top 10 team. If we win the Coastal and go toe to toe in the title game, that's improvement.

Really, winning the Coastal means little to me. If we win the Coastal, only to get mauled like DBC on a spring hike through kodiak country, it's not really improvement. We were a couple plays from winning the Coastal last year with Sir Lisps-a-lot as HC. Winning it this year, while the better teams are all replacing their star QBs, wouldn't be much of an indication. Winning it then playing a close game against Clemson = improvement.

Yeah I mean I’m not knocking Mario. As we’ve seen some coaches also just kinda have a guys number from time to time. College football is pretty wild and Whittingham is absolutely an elite coach. He’s up there with the best of the best imo

I have some concerns with Mario as I think most do, but same time it’s also a perfect fit and position for him to be successful here
I think he has a high floor

With continued good hires and if he is as good as his recruiting appears to be....Maybe a high ceiling too

Advertisement
Don’t be surprised if Mario’s run is similar to him harbaugh as Michigan. Good teams stacked year after year but not elite and finally breaks through into the playoff in like year 7
You do realize the type of athlete that Mario will be getting here compared to Michigan. If he recruits top 10 classes and if we win our shares of the top recruits in South Florida college FB is in trouble.

I think he has a high floor

With continued good hires and if he is as good as his recruiting appears to be....Maybe a high ceiling too
That is exactly how I feel. He could develop into one of the best. I mean Saban is in his 70s. Mario is still a young guy especially with how charismatic he is

That’s why I love the long term commitment here. Give him the time and resources and let him keep getting better under our watch

Exactly. "Winning" would be simply showing we belong, at this point. I am sick of the 30 point losses every time we play a top 10 team. If we win the Coastal and go toe to toe in the title game, that's improvement.

Really, winning the Coastal means little to me. If we win the Coastal, only to get mauled like DBC on a spring hike through kodiak country, it's not really improvement. We were a couple plays from winning the Coastal last year with Sir Lisps-a-lot as HC. Winning it this year, while the better teams are all replacing their star QBs, wouldn't be much of an indication. Winning it then playing a close game against Clemson = improvement.
Clemson has to replace their coordinators and don’t appear to have a strong outlook on their starting qb.

Eh, Mario will be recruiting a different caliber of athlete at WR, RB and DB than Harbaugh had. Also, Mario walks in on day 1 with a better QB room than Harbaugh has ever had, and in a weaker conference. Not really seeing this comparison.

Advertisement
Back