Jon Drummond and Chad Wilson....and a question for Pete.....

Again take that BS somewhere else. I can give a **** about Genron not pimping cupid to Miami that's not why I know dude ain't no mentor. When you have a kid who already has a known self management issues and your concern for him when it comes to college is a **** scheme *** out of here. Maybe Miami wasn't the best place for him but I know for **** sure LSU isn't either. If God forbid kid doesn't make it on the football field do you honestly think LSU is going be what's best for him off the field? Mentor understands no one is a lock to make the league so whenever one else is pushing big pay checks in 4 years that person is supposed to be the voice of reason. You don't have to smother a kids dream in order to open his horizon on the bigger picture. But hey a large public school, that has a crappie academic rep, a history of not really caring about kids who fail to produce on the field, and is hundreds of miles away from any real support system is definitely what's best for a kid who struggled in High school.
I dont know what school is best for Valentine. The kid was not going to get into a 4 year institution before transferring into that high school diploma mill. Almost every school Valentine could get into and go to would put him on the easiest path to stay eligible. That is what these football programs do. I am not saying I condone it, but that is just the reality of the situation. From a football stand point LSU is a great fit for Valentine.

Advertisement
You may call it selective but the reality is no one is saying all handlers/mentors are bad. People are calling out specific handlers because of verifiable and public statements by said individual. It makes sense to be selective bashing all handlers and or mentors is just dumb.
People are saying Chad is bad which is ridiculous. I have said myself I dont trust Genron but I also recognize the sleezy ball does a lot of good as well.

Last edited:
Genron is making money off of Valentines commitment, via the t-shirt sales, and Champagnat is denying they have anything to do with it. So someone is looking to make a buck off a commit. http://teespring.com/vday1

Sent this to the herald, and the NCAA.

So an administrator of this site thinks we should play ball with these shady characters? Interesting.

Adapt or die

Pete - do you ever get any face time with the coaching staff? More specifically, have you ever been able to share your insight with them in person? Do they know who you are and what you do? Being a boots on the ground guy and having built relationships with a lot of these third parties, I would think your insight would be quite valuable. Thanks.

LOL. Thanks for adding some levity to an otherwise depressing topic.

Advertisement
I am in no way advocating paying players. Just make these people a part of the process as they want to be.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Get off your high horse you clown

Lighten up Francis, I don't see the need for name calling.

Now, if by my "high horse" you mean suggesting that UM behave like an institution of higher learning rather than a brothel catering to high school dropout, low-grade criminals and street pimps, then yes, I'll stay on that horse. A site administrator suggesting otherwise is, IMO, shameful. Did you learn nothing from the Shapiro fiasco?

Am1640 your full of crap. Wth you meqn you know a school isnt a best fit. You don't even.know the.***** kids. Your not God. You can't prediCT.sht

I am in no way advocating paying players. Just make these people a part of the process as they want to be.

What 2015 kids is Genron close to?

And is he close to Ridley and SBB?

He was the 1st to rave and.pump up both SBB and Ridley.. Said they would be top plaers b4 anyone knew of them. I in no way think either of these dudrs are dirty. Genron has been around for a while and.has a good name. Even seen him laughing it up at the SFE tryouts with Geotz n they whole staff. Calling Wilson dirty is just ***ing stupid. And Genron only takes the kids on.his team to camps judging from all the photos

Advertisement
your full of crap. Wth you meqn you know a school isnt a best fit. You don't even.know the.***** kids. Your not God. You can't prediCT.sht

The post below this you're calling people dumb. Let that sink in. Notice the you're*.. as in, you are. Chaminade grad?

Am1640 your full of crap. Wth you meqn you know a school isnt a best fit. You don't even.know the.***** kids. Your not God. You can't prediCT.sht

Don't need to know him, I know a kid was ***ing up in High School so bad that he had to move 150+ miles away from his momma to a private school that offered small class sizes and supposedly more structured lesson plans just to ***ing make it out of HS. That means kid DOES NOT posses the ability to self manage himself, bec if he did he wouldn't have ended up at Champagnat. You are obviously one of the ****'s feeding kid NFL dreams, good luck with that. Maybe he'll but one of the fortunate few that make it, BUT if he's not then what. A large private school, that sucks academically, and doesn't really support it's kids of the field outside of making sure they do the bare min to stay eligible to play is exactly the place for that type of kid
265.gif

Over the last 20 years I've known tons of kids turned men and only a small few made it to the league, even less made it to the all important second contract so you know what that meant for the rest. They had to get a real ***ing job. There are only so many coaching and speed and training camps opportunities left to go around, but hey good luck with throwing all the eggs in the NFL basket. #realmenteachaboutreallifesituationsnotdreams

WTF are these guys "mentoring" them with?

Their hand, palm facing the sky. You never hear of a "MENTOR" with a kid from SO FL who goes to say FIU or GA Southern, low end 1-A or high end 1-AA schools, who by the way are pretty solid players in their own right.

Not true Yearby mentor (since Pete threw him out there) is also TY mentor. Along with a host of other kids that will never come close to a Miami offer. You won't hear about a mentor because this shiit ain't about him just the kids.
You also wont hear people talking about Jon Drummond driving all these kids to schools like WKU Cincinnati & Akron but he does it in the summer. Chad Wislon taking Causey and Lammons on trips to UT & USC when he already knew Quincy was going to UF.

Gtfooh You don't need to hear people talking about it you know why? Because he will make sure everyone knows he's doing it, unfortunately Sean Combs disease won't allow you do do **** without getting recognition for it. It's dudes doing the same **** and no one knows who the he'll they are or that they did it, but we all know about the handlers "good deeds"

Those may be wonderful acts of kindness or they may just be the cost of doing business--driving kids in the summer to build credibility and a positive reputation, establishes contacts in places, etc. It isn't the act, but the motivation that is key. If there are designs on a pay day, even if only on other kids, everything is subject to question.
The truth is we dont know what there motivation is. What we do know is they are helping kids go to college. People only seem to get ****ed at them when a kid doesn't go to their school. Nobody is yelling about Yearby's mentor but there are a million threads about Genron because valentine didn't go to Miami.

Not a lot of people taking crap about Ice this year with Thomas and Jackson going to Miami but last year people said he was the devil.

Again take that BS somewhere else. I can give a **** about Genron not pimping cupid to Miami that's not why I know dude ain't no mentor. When you have a kid who already has a known self management issues and your concern for him when it comes to college is a **** scheme *** out of here. Maybe Miami wasn't the best place for him but I know for **** sure LSU isn't either. If God forbid kid doesn't make it on the football field do you honestly think LSU is going be what's best for him off the field? Mentor understands no one is a lock to make the league so whenever one else is pushing big pay checks in 4 years that person is supposed to be the voice of reason. You don't have to smother a kids dream in order to open his horizon on the bigger picture. But hey a large public school, that has a crappie academic rep, a history of not really caring about kids who fail to produce on the field, and is hundreds of miles away from any real support system is definitely what's best for a kid who struggled in High school.

^^^Home run ^^^^^

and lol at this site allowing u.f.a.gians to post that nonsense.

Why would you make up things? Drummond does not own a recruiting service. They both help out tons of kids. I don't.believe they steer kid to anywhere but to a BRIGHT FUTURE! They are not public enemy #1s. You ppl are full of it. I know **** well my kids are going to use them. Regardless of if they get pushed away from.Miami or not. BS, talk about the university and the football team.

it's obvious they are both very anti Miami for whatever reason.

Both run "recruiting services".....colleges pay them for "information". However, it is obvious that these payments serve as the equivalent of political contributions to gain favor with the players these guys are connected to.

Go read up on Willie Lyles if you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Larry Coker paid these guys for their services. I believe Shannon did as well. It is clear Golden does not.

It is yet to be seen how much influence they have in South Florida.

My question for Pete.....

Do you rely on either or both of these gentlemen for information? It seems like you do. You did an interview with Wilson on Gridironstuds recently. He also posts on this site. You also tweet with Drummond and obviously have a connection with him.

Last question. Do you believe they have the ability to damage Miami recruiting efforts? If so, why would you associate with them?

^^^^ not a Cane ^^^^

Advertisement
Maaaaan. Pete got a point. If you can't beat em, join em. If you have to swallow a little pride for the success of the program, it has got to be done. Necessary evil.
Pete's line of thought to embrace the 3rd Party/mentor/street agent/advisor types leads us down the garden path of...you guessed it...another Nevin Shapiro-type scandal. I, for one, want no part of something that takes us down that road ever again. We get another one of those, then SI will get their wish of Miami having to shut the football program down.

The problem with feeding guys like Genron are that they're greedy to begin with. They'll help you out and do it all while smiling and praising you, but there's always a favor they're waiting to cash in on later in return for the good they've done for you. Once you get one of those leeches on you, it's hard to pull them off. It starts as a symbiotic relationship, then becomes a parasitic one.

And guess what? When all the dirt gets dug up, who gets in trouble? Not Genron, that's who. It all falls down on the program, and then we're right back where we were with the Shapiro scandal, and even the Pell Grant/Long Distance scandals...staring probation and a possible death penalty for the program right in the face.

Excellent post, I agree 100%. The easy route is to get in bed with these guys, but it will ultimately backfire. In todays day and age, you can't get away with this stuff any more. One more Yahoo report on us and it's over. No to Genron. Recruit straight up and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we start paying for recruits but we just can't say we don't plan on recruiting anyone associated with these two people. It is the job of the UM staff to have a good reputation in the community. I think Miami high school coaches have better leverage than coaches do in other states. In most places the school would roll out the red carpet for a college coach to stop by but in Miami it happens all the time so the schools and the coaches can be harder to please.

So what's the happy medium then? Keeping them in on the conversation with the recruit? Having them sit in on the on home visits? What are you and Pete suggesting specifically?

Advertisement
They are suggesting we keep these guys involved bc wih out them CIS has no inside sources.

What would you prefer as Canes fans: the elimination of street agents, thus improving our chances at elite local talent; or "the work" updates weekly? I'd take choice A.

They are suggesting we keep these guys involved bc wih out them CIS has no inside sources.

What would you prefer as Canes fans: the elimination of street agents, thus improving our chances at elite local talent; or "the work" updates weekly? I'd take choice A.

1.How are you going to eliminate street agents? And are you sure that would help Miami with local talent?

2. How the **** do you know that CIS has no inside sources? This is one of the few Cane/south Florida sites that doesnt write and tweet a bunch of bull**** rumors which they have to retract at a later date. CIS actually is one of the sites shooting down the bull**** rumors

Last edited:

1.How are you going to eliminate street agents? And are you sure that would help Miami with local talent?

2. How the **** do you know that CIS has no inside sources? This is one of the few Cane/south Florida sites that doesnt write and tweet a bunch of bull**** rumors which they have to retract at a later date. CIS actually is one of the sites shooting down the bull**** rumors

You shut them down by reporting every nonsense thing they do until they are fired.

I could care less how it effects Miami. This about cheating and I'm not a fan of cheating, it's bull****.

These guys "inside sources" are players and handlers. That's why they defend pieces of human filth like Genron. And if Genron goes down, their goes one more source for inside info.

You.guys are Dumb. That is not that dudes site. Just spreading cont. stupid rumors. And its no NCAA violation.

Genron is making money off of Valentines commitment, via the t-shirt sales, and Champagnat is denying they have anything to do with it. So someone is looking to make a buck off a commit. http://teespring.com/vday1

Sent this to the herald, and the NCAA.

@LSUCompliance on Twitter.

if lsu doesn't send them a cease-and-desist for using their eye of the tiger logo in the graphics, then they are endorsing a product that is meant to profit off of an incoming athlete. that's a secondary violation at the very least.

Advertisement
Back