Jon Drummond and Chad Wilson....and a question for Pete.....

You have to be trolling at this point if you don't see the difference between handlers and mentors, and coaches who behave properly and those who bash the school publicly. Many on this board have given Manny, SMD, Robinson, Ferman, Odoi, Bastian, Beast and others the business for being anti-Miami, sticking up for anti-Miami dirt balls, playing the stay tuned game or not being net positive toward the U.

As many times as posters here have drawn the line between mentor and handler, appropriate coach and loud mouth, you and the Miami Golden can do no right crew, continue to either troll or blur the line including mentors and coaches back into the discussion.

This is not about not pushing kids to Miami or about helping needy youth, it is about street hustlers and local coaches publicly bad mouthing the local school and the preference of some that Canes' fans and websites distance themselves from those individuals rather than give them an additional platform.

There are clearly posters here that feel Pete is being protected for protecting Genron and Wilson, and that threads getting too critical toward either Pete or his sources are getting axed.
Genron hasnt been interviewed by this site last time I checked. Chad Wislon signed in as a regular poster and made a thread. Nobody wants to read interviews by Ice or his Ice jr about BTW's team next year? I guess Sapp cant be interviewed by CIS either since he was critical about Golden's D.

Advertisement
As a fan of this site and a fan of the Canes, I have no problem with whoever anybody has as sources.

However, when you do things like shut down threads critical of genron and let Chad Wilson go through a pretty BS "Q and A" where he tries to paint himself in a good light while bashing the U all the while acting like a spoiled brat, then you start losing the goodwill and cred that got you this far. Some blowback should be expected on your part.

As a fan of this site and a fan of the Canes, I have no problem with whoever anybody has as sources.

However, when you do things like shut down threads critical of genron and let Chad Wilson go through a pretty BS "Q and A" where he tries to paint himself in a good light while bashing the U all the while acting like a spoiled brat, then you start losing the goodwill and cred that got you this far. Some blowback should be expected on your part.
They cant allow the **** people were doing to Genron on their website. What has Chad said that has bashed the U?

264.jpg

The amount of butthurt in this thread is incredible.

Advertisement

They cant allow the **** people were doing to Genron on their website. What has Chad said that has bashed the U?

Go look it up bro. And all people where doing was calling Genron out for straight up lying on social media. A fact confirmed by Pete himself.

Go look it up bro. And all people where doing was calling Genron out for straight up lying on social media. A fact confirmed by Pete himself.
I know what Chad has said nothing any differnt than what people that are *****ing about him on this site have said. People were doing a lot more than calling Genron out for lying on social media. If that was all they were doing Dmoney would have let the thread live.

You have to be trolling at this point if you don't see the difference between handlers and mentors, and coaches who behave properly and those who bash the school publicly. Many on this board have given Manny, SMD, Robinson, Ferman, Odoi, Bastian, Beast and others the business for being anti-Miami, sticking up for anti-Miami dirt balls, playing the stay tuned game or not being net positive toward the U.

As many times as posters here have drawn the line between mentor and handler, appropriate coach and loud mouth, you and the Miami Golden can do no right crew, continue to either troll or blur the line including mentors and coaches back into the discussion.

This is not about not pushing kids to Miami or about helping needy youth, it is about street hustlers and local coaches publicly bad mouthing the local school and the preference of some that Canes' fans and websites distance themselves from those individuals rather than give them an additional platform.

There are clearly posters here that feel Pete is being protected for protecting Genron and Wilson, and that threads getting too critical toward either Pete or his sources are getting axed.
Genron hasnt been interviewed by this site last time I checked. Chad Wislon signed in as a regular poster and made a thread. Nobody wants to read interviews by Ice or his Ice jr about BTW's team next year? I guess Sapp cant be interviewed by CIS either since he was critical about Golden's D.

You have been here long enough to know exactly what I am talking about.

Ice bashing Miami publicly rather than taking it in house last year was the issue. It appears things have been resolved or are now handled behind closed doors. The Bethel, Treon, Jackson and Thomas recruiting from this year ranged from good to bad, but the coaches never acted foolishly to the media. Chad did. Luke did (Kaaya visit), Genron (constantly bashing Miami).

Genron has not been interviewed, but anti-Genron threads have been bounced.

You know this and you are stirring the ****.

Trolling is cool and all, and the board actually promotes it more than it prohibits it, so have at it. But, some of the trolls act surprised when people get rustled or call them out when trolling. There are cats like Chise and TP that troll constantly or have certain raw thoughts on certain issues. I appreciate their antics whether I agree with them or not. You, at times, posts good recruiting information here. There are times, like now, that you are clearly trolling or **** stirring.

I am not rustled at all, but am merely pointing out that there are clearly some that view protecting Genron or promoting the others is no different than Ferman/Yahoo/Robinson, and also that protecting Pete from criticism while allowing him to be praised is neither productive for the board, nor his career in their opinion.

Advertisement

Ice bashing Miami publicly rather than taking it in house last year was the issue. It appears things have been resolved or are now handled behind closed doors. The Bethel, Treon, Jackson and Thomas recruiting from this year ranged from good to bad, but the coaches never acted foolishly to the media. Chad did. Luke did (Kaaya visit), Genron (constantly bashing Miami).

Trolling is cool and all, and the board actually promotes it more than it prohibits it, so have at it. But, some of the trolls act surprised when people get rustled or call them out when trolling. There are cats like Chise and TP that troll constantly or have certain raw thoughts on certain issues. I appreciate their antics whether I agree with them or not. You, at times, posts good recruiting information here. There are times, like now, that you are clearly trolling or **** stirring.

I am not rustled at all, but am merely pointing out that there are clearly some that view protecting Genron or promoting the others is no different than Ferman/Yahoo/Robinson, and also that protecting Pete from criticism while allowing him to be praised is neither productive for the board, nor his career in their opinion.
I dont know what you are talking about now. I am one of the people who said I didnt trust Genron from the beginiing and I still dont trust him. I do recognize he does good things as well.

People are attacking Pete for interviewing coaches which is ridiculous that is his job. People are also attacking his credibility saying he has no sources when this site does the best job in reporting south Florida football news. I like when Pete interviews the coaches in south Florida and I hope he continues to do it. That is not being a troll that is being a fan of his work.

I know what Chad has said nothing any differnt than what people that are ****ing about him on this site have said. People were doing a lot more than calling Genron out for lying on social media. If that was all they were doing Dmoney would have let the thread live.

They were emailing and mailing the school he works for calling attention to his inappropriate tweets and facebook posts. And you know what, I laughed my *** off at all the dudes crying about going after his job. Apparently in Florida its not ok to hold people accountable for their social media actions. In AZ, if any coaches pulled that bull**** on social media, there would be emails and calls to the school about it, plus the coach would be called into the AD's office and reprimanded and if he was an assistant coach like that, possibly fired.

They were emailing and mailing the school he works for calling attention to his inappropriate tweets and facebook posts. And you know what, I laughed my *** off at all the dudes crying about going after his job. Apparently in Florida its not ok to hold people accountable for their social media actions. In AZ, if any coaches pulled that bull**** on social media, there would be emails and calls to the school about it, plus the coach would be called into the AD's office and reprimanded and if he was an assistant coach like that, possibly fired.
You can do whatever you like they just were not going to let people do it on their site.

I dont know what you are talking about now. I am one of the people who said I didnt trust Genron from the beginiing and I still dont trust him. I do recognize he does good things as well.

People are attacking Pete for interviewing coaches which is ridiculous that is his job. People are also attacking his credibility saying he has no sources when this site does the best job in reporting south Florida football news. I like when Pete interviews the coaches in south Florida and I hope he continues to do it. That is not being a troll that is being a fan of his work.

I think you are missing the distinction between interviewing coaches and giving a platform for negativity. The misbehavior toward Miami of some of the coaches, has displeased many fans. The perception of Pete not only protecting them, but promoting them is different than interviewing Ice and Jr about the upcoming season and Chad about the 7 on 7 or his school.

To make it clear by example:
- Interviews with Kaaya's mom - Good
- Interview with Ice about BTW football - Good
- Softball Q&A with Luther or Chad - Not Good
- Disappearing or selectively answering easy questions about negative actors - Not Good

I want Pete to do well. I want the Board to actually be what it says in it's original rules/manifesto. I am pointing out the different issues I am observing including what I perceive as at least a small element of trolling from you in this thread being that, as you said, you know Genron is a bad apple, and you know how people here feel about his antics. Sell, push, pull, drag TV to LSU - Not happy about it. Do it while talking smack about Miami -- VERY Uncool.

Advertisement
I think you are missing the distinction between interviewing coaches and giving a platform for negativity. The misbehavior toward Miami of some of the coaches, has displeased many fans. The perception of Pete not only protecting them, but promoting them is different than interviewing Ice and Jr about the upcoming season and Chad about the 7 on 7 or his school.

To make it clear by example:
- Interviews with Kaaya's mom - Good
- Interview with Ice about BTW football - Good
- Softball Q&A with Luther or Chad - Not Good
- Disappearing or selectively answering easy questions about negative actors - Not Good

I want Pete to do well. I want the Board to actually be what it says in it's original rules/manifesto. I am pointing out the different issues I am observing including what I perceive as at least a small element of trolling from you in this thread being that, as you said, you know Genron is a bad apple, and you know how people here feel about his antics. Sell, push, pull, drag TV to LSU - Not happy about it. Do it while talking smack about Miami -- VERY Uncool.
Chad signed up as a regular poster and did a Q & A. You can do Angris Ibis Q & A if you want to.

When you interview a coach like Luther or Ice or Chad you ask them question and you get answers. Some fans may not like the answers they give. You also are going to give them time to promote because they are giving you thier time. Just like when AJ Maccaron goes on ESPN the last 2 min is for him to promote his Axe deal.

Me saying Genron Ice and Chad do some good things as well is not trolling it is the truth. Some of these coaches are not willing to drive kids all over the country to get them offers. Genron is not getting paid to get a kid an offer to Akron. Chad is not making money taking Lammons a kid with no parents to South Carolina. Ice could quit BTW tomorrow and make a lot more money working for a university. I am just pointing out people act like all these guys are is pure evil which is not the case.

You.guys are Dumb. That is not that dudes site. Just spreading cont. stupid rumors. And its no NCAA violation.

Genron is making money off of Valentines commitment, via the t-shirt sales, and Champagnat is denying they have anything to do with it. So someone is looking to make a buck off a commit. http://teespring.com/vday1

Sent this to the herald, and the NCAA.

@LSUCompliance on Twitter.

if lsu doesn't send them a cease-and-desist for using their eye of the tiger logo in the graphics, then they are endorsing a product that is meant to profit off of an incoming athlete. that's a secondary violation at the very least.

I don't have twitter.....Anyone care to forward that link to them?

No one is denying CIS sources. At all. I'm sure you have some in the AD as well. And those usually cover things like staff hires, who we offered or didn't offer, etc.

But what is also clear is that street agent dirtbags are another source of information for ya'll. And as such, you play nice with them, and censor threads that are critical of them, and give them platforms to tell their warped, anti -UM agenda driven nonsense.

I never said they were your only sources, but they represent one of your avenues of information. From a business perspective I don't blame ya'll for censorship. From a Canes fan sense its a joke, and I guarantee fans would be more pleased with knowing less and having the school more competitive recruiting, than knowing all the inside stuff from some Beetlejuice ****** only to have us lose elite kids b/c they are being pimped.

What would CIS staff prefer? Easier, more legal recruiting for their team? Or inside info from a crack head that they can use to sell ad revenue?

Advertisement
Lol

GoldenShowers quotes:

"They are suggesting we keep these guys involved bc wih out them CIS has no inside sources."

"These guys "inside sources" are players and handlers."

"No one is denying CIS sources."

Last edited by a moderator:
it's obvious they are both very anti Miami for whatever reason.

Both run "recruiting services".....colleges pay them for "information". However, it is obvious that these payments serve as the equivalent of political contributions to gain favor with the players these guys are connected to.

Go read up on Willie Lyles if you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Larry Coker paid these guys for their services. I believe Shannon did as well. It is clear Golden does not.

It is yet to be seen how much influence they have in South Florida.

My question for Pete.....

Do you rely on either or both of these gentlemen for information? It seems like you do. You did an interview with Wilson on Gridironstuds recently. He also posts on this site. You also tweet with Drummond and obviously have a connection with him.

Last question. Do you believe they have the ability to damage Miami recruiting efforts? If so, why would you associate with them?

Pete sold his soul and it's pathetic IMO.

he's a journalist. i don't like him stumping for genron either, but i understand why he does it. journalists need to keep their sources on good terms if they want to get their info. genron is a **** human being, but i don't doubt for a second that he knows what's happening in the recruiting world. i just wish that pete would at least try to appear neutral about him.

I have ZERO problem with Pete having them as sources. I have 100% problem with Pete ****riding them every chance he gets. It's pathetic and he needs to check himself. Going on two years now where Pete supports every vocal cane hater out there with an agenda. It's getting old and it's ****ing me off.

You ****ride diabeetus gut golden and he tried to peace out and take his fat *** to Ped state. GTFO.

So now you have to be on side of the handlers to be an "enlightened" fan. Gotcha.

So an administrator of this site thinks we should play ball with these shady characters? Interesting.

Its pretty clear that those guys can hurt UM. You can either be naive and avoid them and hope for the best, or you can forge a good relationship with them and prosper.

When I first started practicing law, I took a no holds barred approach and learned very quickly that while it felt great to be the tough guy, it worked against me and my clients more often than not. There are some times when you have to draw a line in the sand and fight for a certain principle, but most of the time we get better results for our clients when we are nice to people and have good relationships with the insurance companies and the defense attorneys while we are fighting for our clients.

Capisce?

this.

Advertisement
Back