Jon Drummond and Chad Wilson....and a question for Pete.....

it's obvious they are both very anti Miami for whatever reason.

Both run "recruiting services".....colleges pay them for "information". However, it is obvious that these payments serve as the equivalent of political contributions to gain favor with the players these guys are connected to.

Go read up on Willie Lyles if you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Larry Coker paid these guys for their services. I believe Shannon did as well. It is clear Golden does not.

It is yet to be seen how much influence they have in South Florida.

My question for Pete.....

Do you rely on either or both of these gentlemen for information? It seems like you do. You did an interview with Wilson on Gridironstuds recently. He also posts on this site. You also tweet with Drummond and obviously have a connection with him.

Last question. Do you believe they have the ability to damage Miami recruiting efforts? If so, why would you associate with them?

Pete sold his soul and it's pathetic IMO.

Advertisement

Both run "recruiting services".....colleges pay them for "information". However, it is obvious that these payments serve as the equivalent of political contributions to gain favor with the players these guys are connected to.

Larry Coker paid these guys for their services. I believe Shannon did as well. It is clear Golden does not.

Do you rely on either or both of these gentlemen for information? It seems like you do. You did an interview with Wilson on Gridironstuds recently. He also posts on this site. You also tweet with Drummond and obviously have a connection with him.

Last question. Do you believe they have the ability to damage Miami recruiting efforts? If so, why would you associate with them?

he's a journalist. i don't like him stumping for genron either, but i understand why he does it. journalists need to keep their sources on good terms if they want to get their info. genron is a **** human being, but i don't doubt for a second that he knows what's happening in the recruiting world. i just wish that pete would at least try to appear neutral about him.

he's a journalist. i don't like him stumping for genron either, but i understand why he does it. journalists need to keep their sources on good terms if they want to get their info. genron is a **** human being, but i don't doubt for a second that he knows what's happening in the recruiting world. i just wish that pete would at least try to appear neutral about him.

I have ZERO problem with Pete having them as sources. I have 100% problem with Pete ****riding them every chance he gets. It's pathetic and he needs to check himself. Going on two years now where Pete supports every vocal cane hater out there with an agenda. It's getting old and it's ****ing me off.

They are suggesting we keep these guys involved bc wih out them CIS has no inside sources.

What would you prefer as Canes fans: the elimination of street agents, thus improving our chances at elite local talent; or "the work" updates weekly? I'd take choice A.

1.How are you going to eliminate street agents? And are you sure that would help Miami with local talent?

2. How the **** do you know that CIS has no inside sources? This is one of the few Cane/south Florida sites that doesnt write and tweet a bunch of bull**** rumors which they have to retract at a later date. CIS actually is one of the sites shooting down the bull**** rumors

You shut them down by reporting every nonsense thing they do until they are fired.

I could care less how it effects Miami. This about cheating and I'm not a fan of cheating, it's bull****.

These guys "inside sources" are players and handlers. That's why they defend pieces of human filth like Genron. And if Genron goes down, their goes one more source for inside info.

Pete did dispute Genron when he said the stuff about Duke and Tracey

They are suggesting we keep these guys involved bc wih out them CIS has no inside sources.

What would you prefer as Canes fans: the elimination of street agents, thus improving our chances at elite local talent; or "the work" updates weekly? I'd take choice A.

1.How are you going to eliminate street agents? And are you sure that would help Miami with local talent?

2. How the **** do you know that CIS has no inside sources? This is one of the few Cane/south Florida sites that doesnt write and tweet a bunch of bull**** rumors which they have to retract at a later date. CIS actually is one of the sites shooting down the bull**** rumors

You shut them down by reporting every nonsense thing they do until they are fired.

I could care less how it effects Miami. This about cheating and I'm not a fan of cheating, it's bull****.

These guys "inside sources" are players and handlers. That's why they defend pieces of human filth like Genron. And if Genron goes down, their goes one more source for inside info.

CiS was the first to report coach golden was coming back. After we reported he was coming back and a statement would be announced shortly, behold, a statement was announced. I'm guessing a street agent told us that

Advertisement

CiS was the first to report coach golden was coming back. After we reported he was coming back and a statement would be announced shortly, behold, a statement was announced. I'm guessing a street agent told us that

The first time I read this post, I mistakenly thought it was written by IHATETHISPLACE since his post was right above yours. And when I saw the "we reported" comment, I almost lost it! LOL

I think what you do as a coach or recruiter is use them since they (mentors, handlers) spend so much time with them.
Call Genron or whomever and ask for an update or tape on recruit A.
Call and have them bring out to camp; unofficial during a specific weekend.
You communicate with handlers/coaches to get recruit to consider your program. Just make them feel involved.
You close with the recruit and parents.

your full of crap. Wth you meqn you know a school isnt a best fit. You don't even.know the.***** kids. Your not God. You can't prediCT.sht

The post below this you're calling people dumb. Let that sink in. Notice the you're*.. as in, you are. Chaminade grad?

Don't you mean Champagnat? They're two different schools lol.

Erroneous.

Miami, Florida/ Miami, Ohio.

Advertisement
Let me take a stab as this one from a different perspective.

Pete and this sites job is not to recruit players to the U. Their job is not to influence them to make a decision. Their personal opinion cannot cloud reporting objectively.

Their job (unpaid at that), is to get information about recruits, and their inclination of where they might go. Do interviews with them when available, and report off that, and what other sources are saying to us, the Canes fans, what they are hearing.

Now, does that mean they don't have personal feelings and want players to come? **** NO, they are Miami fans also; HOWEVER, they are not there to be fans of Miami, they are doing their jobs and report the facts.

If those facts come from some sources FANS may not like, again, that is not their place to determine. It is just to get the information and put it out in a professional reliable manner.

Now, to the point that Pete's sources are Drummond. That is only one person he may speaks with. I can again say I have seen with my own eyes recruits direct interaction with Pete. In addition, Pete does have contact within the University that I have also seen with my own eyes. I have said it before, you can chose to believe me or not, I really don't give a ****; however, I have been here from day one, met a good amount of folks in person from the boards, and have a reputation of I have never lied. When I was wrong on anything, I am the first to put it out I was wrong, and usually will rip myself more than any poster could.

With all that said, in understanding what I have said about getting information to do their JOBS, I don't see how anyone could realistically come down on Pete or any of the reporters on the site for getting information from Drummond or anyone else. It is just information and they are do the job they are here to do.

I don't recall Pete saying, hey, I like this guy or I think this guy is great. He has stated there is more to it than what is all put out there, but can't get into it for obvious reason.

I think it would be prudent to take the fan glasses off and think about it as a source of information, and therefore not go into the conspiracy theory, holier than thou mentality. It is just my 2 cents and in no way to I support the Geron's and Wilson's bashing of the Canes as a fan; however, I hope I am wise enough to know there is more to the story than what we believe on a message board. In parting, just take it for what it is worth and with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

CIS was also the 1st (recruiting sites) to interview Ice Harris, Luke and encouraged Genron and Chad Wilson to start threads to dispute the fans justified hatred. Pete has continually SUPPORTED these ******s through his reporting and underhandedly bashed the coaches for not "playing the game". He could still report the former with out propping up the latter. The only thing left is for Pete to give an exclusive to Shapiro. Then we'll have the market cornered on UM hatred.

Only issue I have with Pete's posts is the delusion that JR Smith is a good basketball player and the Knicks are worth a ****. That is pretty flawed logic which he should be ripped for.

CIS was also the 1st (recruiting sites) to interview Ice Harris, Luke and encouraged Genron and Chad Wilson to start threads to dispute the fans justified hatred. Pete has continually SUPPORTED these ******s through his reporting and underhandedly bashed the coaches for not "playing the game". He could still report the former with out propping up the latter. The only thing left is for Pete to give an exclusive to Shapiro. Then we'll have the market cornered on UM hatred.

You just named 4 very influential people in south Florida recruiting. All 4 of them are high school football coaches. It is his job to go out and get interviews from high school football coaches.

Advertisement

You just named 4 very influential people in south Florida recruiting. All 4 of them are high school football coaches. It is his job to go out and get interviews from high school football coaches.

And all 4 the biggest Cane bashers in the whole god**** state. How about some balance? Nope......we'll just search out the people who are bashing the program and give them ANOTHER platform. Why not?

And all 4 the biggest Cane bashers in the whole god**** state. How about some balance? Nope......we'll just search out the people who are bashing the program and give them ANOTHER platform. Why not?
Actually I remember Pete interviewing the Homestead coach and others. It was some of Pete's best work. A bunch of people just cried in those threads because they didn't get enough info on Lane or other recruits.

I have ZERO problem with Pete having them as sources. I have 100% problem with Pete ****riding them every chance he gets. It's pathetic and he needs to check himself. Going on two years now where Pete supports every vocal cane hater out there with an agenda. It's getting old and it's ****ing me off.

You ****ride diabeetus gut golden and he tried to peace out and take his fat *** to Ped state. GTFO.

Advertisement

Ice Harris is still a "Cane Basher" after sending his #1 prospect Chad Thomas to Miami?, or Demetrius Jackson?, or future 5-star Mark Walton ?

Chad Wilson- Former Hurricane defensive back and defensive coordinator for a very prominent Broward football team. He was interviewed before anything about his son was even mentioned.

Luke- Helped coach Artie Burns and the former defensive coordinator at a local powerhouse in Miami Northwestern.

We've also never interviewed Genron so there's that

They probably all have a problem with Alpoo.

that has nothing to do with what is being discussed between ihate & golden shower.

You have to be trolling at this point if you don't see the difference between handlers and mentors, and coaches who behave properly and those who bash the school publicly. Many on this board have given Manny, SMD, Robinson, Ferman, Odoi, Bastian, Beast and others the business for being anti-Miami, sticking up for anti-Miami dirt balls, playing the stay tuned game or not being net positive toward the U.

As many times as posters here have drawn the line between mentor and handler, appropriate coach and loud mouth, you and the Miami Golden can do no right crew, continue to either troll or blur the line including mentors and coaches back into the discussion.

This is not about not pushing kids to Miami or about helping needy youth, it is about street hustlers and local coaches publicly bad mouthing the local school and the preference of some that Canes' fans and websites distance themselves from those individuals rather than give them an additional platform.

There are clearly posters here that feel Pete is being protected for protecting Genron and Wilson, and that threads getting too critical toward either Pete or his sources are getting axed.

Advertisement
Back