Jon Drummond and Chad Wilson....and a question for Pete.....

canesman

Junior
it's obvious they are both very anti Miami for whatever reason.

Both run "recruiting services".....colleges pay them for "information". However, it is obvious that these payments serve as the equivalent of political contributions to gain favor with the players these guys are connected to.

Go read up on Willie Lyles if you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Larry Coker paid these guys for their services. I believe Shannon did as well. It is clear Golden does not.

It is yet to be seen how much influence they have in South Florida.

My question for Pete.....

Do you rely on either or both of these gentlemen for information? It seems like you do. You did an interview with Wilson on Gridironstuds recently. He also posts on this site. You also tweet with Drummond and obviously have a connection with him.

Last question. Do you believe they have the ability to damage Miami recruiting efforts? If so, why would you associate with them?

Last edited:
Advertisement
They are both good for his business obviously. I really can't see how a diehard Cane fan can associate themselves with Cane hating scum.

Dudes venomously trash UM up locally and behind the scenes. One even coordinates fake announcements to Miami of highly regarded players to draw media attention to a flag football team. Very sad individual(s).

They are both good for his business obviously. I really can't see how a diehard Cane fan can associate themselves with Cane hating scum.

Dudes venomously trash UM up locally and behind the scenes. One even coordinates fake announcements to Miami of highly regarded players to draw media attention to a flag football team. Very sad individual(s).
you have no clue what your talking about. to post something like that is damaging to MIAMI and it makes me think your Genron or Wilson
Mr. 7 posts.
TROLL To try and turn a fan base against two of the highest ranked kids in South Florida for nothing, makes me think you want them at another school. YOU don't know these kids, never spoke to them and most likely have never even seen them in person.
The mother stopped it because of Mario and Alabama. She wants the boys to listen, look and than decide. Have some respect.
The fire team didn't need attention at it's try outs. STUPID ASSUMPTION…….

Last edited:
E990811A-745D-4245-B744-ACE19FBD463B.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

What are you talking about boar? I'm not including Pete in with the other two. The only issue I have with him is his friendliness with one.

The other two are hurting Miami big time.

Advertisement
Staff needs to hold a meeting with the Champagnat staff and set things straight because one thing is for sure is that they will continue to get talent and we can't have any bad blood between the two parties. For example Deconaire Clarington just transferred there. We gotta get him.

This time last year we thought we would never get a Booker T croot again. This year we got their two best. I'd say the fence could be mended. But is this staff willing?

These guys aren't going no where so maybe golden can learn from Pete about having good relationships. If we want to win recruiting battles we better learn to win coaches.

Advertisement
So an administrator of this site thinks we should play ball with these shady characters? Interesting.

Golden may have his flaws as a coach, but he's not dumb. I'm sure he sees how his recruiting life would be easier by buttering up sleaze balls like genron than continually butting heads. I wonder if this is a directive coming from above his head, given our recent difficulties/probation. That would make more sense over Golden simply being stubborn due to pride/ego. Any insight on this from our"insiders"?

Maaaaan. Pete got a point. If you can't beat em, join em. If you have to swallow a little pride for the success of the program, it has got to be done. Necessary evil.

Advertisement
And win games.

Uf went 4-8 and Muchamp still pulls more hoes than diabeetus gut golden...... To ash Lupoi at cal, Adrian Klemm at UCLA. FSU wasn't doing a **** thing before this year, but jumbo was still recruiting his *** off. All about relationships, connections, etc...... Winning helps but it's not the end all be all. Uf went 6-6 the first year chump was there and he still recruited at a very high level. Before 2012 jumbo had never won 11 games in a season since he took over as head corch.

Gulden just ******* sucks, that's reality. Chili dog nerds and optimistic fans bought into the "golden hype" before he did a mother****ing thing, which is understandable. However, at some point it's time to face the facts. Dude has a CLEAR BIAS TOWARDS HIS lover diahrrea Dorito. Dude helped produce THE WORST DEFENSE IN UM HISTORY. And that's not hyperbole, he literally was responsible for producing the worst defense in SCHOOL HISTORY. Think about that for a min, and how can anyone rationalize why that ******* guy is still employed at UM. Gulden negative recruited himself keeping his *** around. Other coaches pounce on **** like that, and hammer it into kids heads that the so called "defense" ******* sucks and so does the guy attempting to run it.

Tp tryin to ruin another recruiting thread! Keep ignoring that our program is in shambles over the last decade, yet we were one of only three teams outside the sec to pull a top 10 class! The other teams...... National champs and * who has the best coach in football and just had 2 undefeated seasons. Perspective!

Advertisement
Pete,

What's a guy like genron looking for other than some cash thrown his way for recruiting vids, and maybe a little more attention from our staff to all his "recruits"?

So an administrator of this site thinks we should play ball with these shady characters? Interesting.

Its pretty clear that those guys can hurt UM. You can either be naive and avoid them and hope for the best, or you can forge a good relationship with them and prosper.

When I first started practicing law, I took a no holds barred approach and learned very quickly that while it felt great to be the tough guy, it worked against me and my clients more often than not. There are some times when you have to draw a line in the sand and fight for a certain principle, but most of the time we get better results for our clients when we are nice to people and have good relationships with the insurance companies and the defense attorneys while we are fighting for our clients.

Capisce?

In view of our recent history with the NCAA, administration desires choir boys coming out of the recruitment community, cleanliness in pursuit of recruits while their priority is to improve the University. This is a total contradiction to what is going on in the "pits" of recruitment.

I believe Golden has brought a number of "less than desirable" candidates for admission who have little chance of acceptance by the U, I would be interested to know where some of these guys wound up, thus not an NCAA issue, but either a conference or University issue, would assume. IMO, root of the problem--it's all filtering down from the top. As has been mentioned on the board Golden is a "choir boy", which he is, and paid for long term by the University.

Like or dislike Golden, he is going to be around for a while. The recruiting issue and resolution is a real challenge to his success, he is a very smart guy and should know this.

Advertisement
Back