Issues with coach Mike Rumph

If we close with at least 1 of 2 cbs and bethel? And Chatman, Nesta and Miller?
I’d say those deserve a little slack based on the class that will yield at dL and db.

Yes of course. And if Coburn joins, that's a solid A for DT

Advertisement
Obviously, but probably won't happen. Our fans aren't happy unless they are miserable. They will focus on whoever we missed, it's what they do. I loved our early signing class and those guys are rarely acknowledged because it's always "who didn't we get and who can we blame it on".

PEOPLE have killed Rumph and Kool but I’ve aleays said. Wait to you see who signs Wednesday before you pass judgment. criticizing them now is just dumb.

Are you asking the roughly 10 - 15 retarded mfkers on this site that made up and kept spinning this narrative that Rumph and Kool can't recruit?

Advertisement
Yeah let’s ease / slack off and be satisfied and shut it down and be reactive in our recruitment.

NICE

GOCANES

PEOPLE have killed Rumph and Kool but I’ve aleays said. Wait to you see who signs Wednesday before you pass judgment. criticizing them now is just dumb.

It's premature but not dumb, were people dump to criticize Golden in 2012 and 2013? Point being is this, especially at DT we looked to be struggling, this would be a major turn around, it awesome but acting like there was no cause for concern is dumb.

It's premature but not dumb, were people dump to criticize Golden in 2012 and 2013? Point being is this, especially at DT we looked to be struggling, this would be a major turn around, it awesome but acting like there was no cause for concern is dumb.

It is dumb and your post further proves that

Coburn coming I believe he blew off that visit to UT this weekend. If we get one of the DB's we fookin still if we get both and Coburn along with Nesta and Chatman. I'm going raw dawg I need to feel dat p*ss and I'm not pulling out

Advertisement

That's his whole point. Crying prematurely IS dumb. We "looked" to be struggling but in reality, we were doing major work with Silvera, Coburn, Chatman, Briggs, Carson, Odenigbo, etc, and we pounced on Miller the second we saw his film. We lost some but we'll win some, and in the end, we'll have a perfectly fine DT depth chart and rotation of 7-8 kids. The premature outrage and whining from the negative nancies and mopes on here was a pathetic reflection of this s**** fan base. It's a miracle Richt and company can get anyone to come play here, let alone elite prospects.

I’d say those deserve a little slack based on the class that will yield at dL and db.

Yes of course. And if Coburn joins, that's a solid A for DT

I would A+ you have to look at what’s available this cycle Nesta and Coburn are 2 of the best at their Position.

The majority of people griping were more talking about the current Dl depth and the previous two classes. Not preparing for guys to leave as jr's , which is a very fair gripe. Now we'll be depending on Fr dt's , transfers and not much depth at de. To go with a pretty good roster everywhere else.

Depending on kids to play a grown man spot is bad news, especially with all the kids we'll be needing.

The staff deserves mad props for this dt class , just like they deserved to be ripped about the previous two classss. Some will rip the staff regardless , and then some will slurp the coaches no matter what. Both are equally annoying.

As for Rumph, I was waiting on this class before I rip him on him about his recruiting. Imo he doesn't deserve as much crap as he's gotten.

Last edited:
To be a great recruiter it takes a certain amount of narcissism, lies and sales to blow constant smoke up a teenagers ***

generally speaking, Football Coaches are some of the Realest and Truest Men you will meet ever

because of this, the majority of Football coaches aren't good recruiters

Id take the X's and O's football coaches like Kool and Rumph over the salesmen any day

Advertisement
Need to wait until signing day to see who ends up coming. Getting these guys to simply consider us won't bring us a NC. We have to start closing. However, them actually showing up to their visit instead of canceling last minute after a visit from the likes of BAMA or UGA is definitely a step in the right direction. I will back off if they close strong no doubt.

Who knows? We may even have to wait till after NSD...i.e Corn Elder.

Yeah let’s ease / slack off and be satisfied and shut it down and be reactive in our recruitment.

NICE

GOCANES

Woah...

giphy.gif

It's like you're actually recruiting!

Everybody never should've been on. I've been consistent that not everything is the coached fault and most kids make dumb decisions for dumb reasons. This class doesn't change my thought of them because I've never once seen a recruit day a bad word about any of them so I. Nevrr had a reason to say they couldn't do what but this does **** everybody up who wants to be lazy and point fingers

Advertisement

With this fan base it will buy them time until next years class when it’s down to the wire with Stevenson and other d-line targets

Patke has obviously picked up the recruiting, Kul is a great teacher but needed help with the selling.

The majority of people griping were more talking about the current Dl depth and the previous two classes. Not preparing for guys to leave as jr's , which is a very fair gripe. Now we'll be depending on Fr dt's , transfers and not much depth at de. To go with a pretty good roster everywhere else.

Depending on kids to play a grown man spot is bad news, especially with all the kids we'll be needing.

The staff deserves mad props for this dt class , just like they deserved to be ripped about the previous two classss. Some will rip the staff regardless , and then some will slurp the coaches no matter what. Both are equally annoying.

As for Rumph, I was waiting on this class before I rip him on him about his recruiting. Imo he doesn't deserve as much crap as he's gotten.

No, it was unfair to criticize Kul for not getting more DTs during the 2016-2017 recruiting season. What recruit would want to come to Miami knowing that 2 sophomores had locked down the spot for 1 to 2 more years, and they were being backed up by like 15 DTs. Remember at the time, Courtel was still on the team and eligible for another year, Willis, Bethel, Moten, and Martin were all on the team for another 1-3 years as well.

A case could easily be made that a 2017 kid wouldn't see the field till 2019, depending on who left early. And i'm sure plenty of opposing teams made that case against Miami for the elite DTs.

The standards that coaches are being held at Miami are ridiculous. Even the GAWD Saban himself, with all his 5 star recruits, got beat when he lost his starting LB corps for a game or two. Sometimes, s*** just happens and no matter what you do, you can't fully prepare for it.

I was never on them either.

And no one said to shut it down and be reactive. Way to go way out to left field.

Advertisement
Back