Issues with coach Mike Rumph

If bama signed a coach from high school and had the number one and two rated dbs would they get tbose players? He was brought to get those guys. Its a fail

Bama!? we haven't won the ACC or anything significant in 15 years and you're talking about Bama?

these kids were in diapers the last time Miami was relevant.

And he had tyson since diapers....if he fails to sign him its a fail. If it were uf fsu or anyone else and they hired a coach for a recruit and didnt get said recruit its a fail everywhere not just miami

Advertisement
If bama signed a coach from high school and had the number one and two rated dbs would they get tbose players? He was brought to get those guys. Its a fail

The guy is a former NFL DB, 1st round pick at the university tied to the greatest team in CFB history. He was also a great HS coach. He as hired for more than those two guys.

Im pretty sure mark said ur a great teacher ypur hired.....also bring me ps2 and tyson. Come on MR was making a chess move by being ten steps ahead he knows the game. He even said there job is to recruit and be passionate about that part because its the most important thing.

The majority of people griping were more talking about the current Dl depth and the previous two classes. Not preparing for guys to leave as jr's , which is a very fair gripe. Now we'll be depending on Fr dt's , transfers and not much depth at de. To go with a pretty good roster everywhere else.

Depending on kids to play a grown man spot is bad news, especially with all the kids we'll be needing.

The staff deserves mad props for this dt class , just like they deserved to be ripped about the previous two classss. Some will rip the staff regardless , and then some will slurp the coaches no matter what. Both are equally annoying.

As for Rumph, I was waiting on this class before I rip him on him about his recruiting. Imo he doesn't deserve as much crap as he's gotten.

No, it was unfair to criticize Kul for not getting more DTs during the 2016-2017 recruiting season. What recruit would want to come to Miami knowing that 2 sophomores had locked down the spot for 1 to 2 more years, and they were being backed up by like 15 DTs. Remember at the time, Courtel was still on the team and eligible for another year, Willis, Bethel, Moten, and Martin were all on the team for another 1-3 years as well.

A case could easily be made that a 2017 kid wouldn't see the field till 2019, depending on who left early. And i'm sure plenty of opposing teams made that case against Miami for the elite DTs.

The standards that coaches are being held at Miami are ridiculous. Even the GAWD Saban himself, with all his 5 star recruits, got beat when he lost his starting LB corps for a game or two. Sometimes, s*** just happens and no matter what you do, you can't fully prepare for it.

So much bs.

There's schools with far more talent and depth on the dl than us and they keep right on adding.

We've could taken multiple jucos to somewhat make a quick fix. I mean it's been obvious for way over a year , me and Indy have been talking about this for awhile.

We knew we could possibly lose 3 dt and almost all the de's this class and wasn't adding to the numbers. There's a reason why we are taking bodies from Illinois , it's because of how the Dl recruiting has been handled. Notice I say Dl? It's not just dt.

The same guys said Kul needed help , then boom " we hire patke". He immediately has coburn visiting them Ojomo sneaking in visits . He'll probably land us Coburn.

Richt deserves credit for noticing Kul needed help with recruiting. He's just more of a teacher than a seller,if us dumb fans noticed i'm sure the staff did too. There's been an obvious issue.

I'll give them credit , even if they do mess something up they're really good about fixing it. But to think they didn't ***** up the Dl recruiting previous classes it just silly. Your head is just too far up the staffs butt.

Bang tbis is the truth but people dont want to hear it.....u got guys that will just stick up for coaches they did it for radio n golden they will do it for this staff. We the type we callem out and the proofs in the pudding

Patke whoever this cat is might be the gaw cause everythings changed since his name been brought up. I bashed Kul and Mrumph too much I try to not do it cause then people get offended so I just dont say ****. U can see something changed when Patke got involved we were getting no one except Nesta and dude made up ground in like two weeks its absurd its like a bama move. Richt had to notice something like crib said thats what bosses do they see your not doing something great they get help or fire your ***. It also shows Richt is smart and pays attention to what the coaches are doing and making sure they are earning there check hes not sitting back like this is a vacation like golden or radio

Last edited:
PEOPLE have killed Rumph and Kool but I’ve aleays said. Wait to you see who signs Wednesday before you pass judgment. criticizing them now is just dumb.

It's premature but not dumb, were people dump to criticize Golden in 2012 and 2013? Point being is this, especially at DT we looked to be struggling, this would be a major turn around, it awesome but acting like there was no cause for concern is dumb.

That's his whole point. Crying prematurely IS dumb. We "looked" to be struggling but in reality, we were doing major work with Silvera, Coburn, Chatman, Briggs, Carson, Odenigbo, etc, and we pounced on Miller the second we saw his film. We lost some but we'll win some, and in the end, we'll have a perfectly fine DT depth chart and rotation of 7-8 kids. The premature outrage and whining from the negative nancies and mopes on here was a pathetic reflection of this s**** fan base. It's a miracle Richt and company can get anyone to come play here, let alone elite prospects.

This is the worst fan base in CFB. Hands down but at the same time some of the best. Diehard, loyal, fun and insane. I love that mixture. I have met Rumph many times and had conversations with him when he's been my way recruiting our kids. He is not the negative many on here think. He is a recruiting asset and a **** good coach. He will have misses like every other program. At least wait until Wednesday before bashing him. There will be some positive surprises in my opinion. We shall see. Chime away crazy ********

The majority of people griping were more talking about the current Dl depth and the previous two classes. Not preparing for guys to leave as jr's , which is a very fair gripe. Now we'll be depending on Fr dt's , transfers and not much depth at de. To go with a pretty good roster everywhere else.

Depending on kids to play a grown man spot is bad news, especially with all the kids we'll be needing.

The staff deserves mad props for this dt class , just like they deserved to be ripped about the previous two classss. Some will rip the staff regardless , and then some will slurp the coaches no matter what. Both are equally annoying.

As for Rumph, I was waiting on this class before I rip him on him about his recruiting. Imo he doesn't deserve as much crap as he's gotten.

No, it was unfair to criticize Kul for not getting more DTs during the 2016-2017 recruiting season. What recruit would want to come to Miami knowing that 2 sophomores had locked down the spot for 1 to 2 more years, and they were being backed up by like 15 DTs. Remember at the time, Courtel was still on the team and eligible for another year, Willis, Bethel, Moten, and Martin were all on the team for another 1-3 years as well.

A case could easily be made that a 2017 kid wouldn't see the field till 2019, depending on who left early. And i'm sure plenty of opposing teams made that case against Miami for the elite DTs.

The standards that coaches are being held at Miami are ridiculous. Even the GAWD Saban himself, with all his 5 star recruits, got beat when he lost his starting LB corps for a game or two. Sometimes, s*** just happens and no matter what you do, you can't fully prepare for it.

So much bs.

There's schools with far more talent and depth on the dl than us and they keep right on adding.

We've could taken multiple jucos to somewhat make a quick fix. I mean it's been obvious for way over a year , me and Indy have been talking about this for awhile.

We knew we could possibly lose 3 dt and almost all the de's this class and wasn't adding to the numbers. There's a reason why we are taking bodies from Illinois , it's because of how the Dl recruiting has been handled. Notice I say Dl? It's not just dt.

The same guys said Kul needed help , then boom " we hire patke". He immediately has coburn visiting them Ojomo sneaking in visits . He'll probably land us Coburn.

Richt deserves credit for noticing Kul needed help with recruiting. He's just more of a teacher than a seller,if us dumb fans noticed i'm sure the staff did too. There's been an obvious issue.

I'll give them credit , even if they do mess something up they're really good about fixing it. But to think they didn't ***** up the Dl recruiting previous classes it just silly. Your head is just too far up the staffs butt.

Nope. NO SCHOOL had a deeper DT rotaiton than we had BACK THEN. You're confusing yourself by thinking about this after the fact.

Go back in time to November of 2016. Back then we had two SO'S starting for us. We had Moten, Jenkins, Willis, Martin, and Bethel backing them up. None of them were seniors. No team in the country had a deeper DT rotation than we did. Kul had nothing to sell them when it came to playing time. And as it turned out, no DT that came in 2017 would have played this past year. Moten, Mcintosh, Norton, Bethel, were all we used, with DEs on passing downs. And this is all WITHOUT Courtel and Willis, who would have taken even more snaps away from any 2017 kid if they stayed on.

It's easy to turn around and judge the coaches after the fact. Anyone can Monday Morning quarterback. But doing this is patently stupid and ridiculous.

You're thinking is this regard is *** backwards baby boy. Plain and simple. Lmao at no school had a deeper rotation than Miami are u ***** serious? No elite coach thinks as you do. Chit not even an average coach thinks like that.

Advertisement
We clearly rolled the dice in a big way after 2 terrible years at those two spots.... so a year where we really shouldn't have been - and couldn't afford to be - rolling the dice. We're all feeling positive now, and recruiting is results oriented, so you can't be ticked if the gamble works. That said - all of the criticisms had and still have merit - if we really like Miller we should have signed him early, and we shouldn't have put our future at DT in the hopes of pulling a committed kid from Texas or a kid who committed to everyone he visited with. That's the approach you maybe took 2 years ago when Norton and McIntosh were frosh. It was the wrong approach in a year where we were almost certainly losing them with nothing behind them. That's an honest, accurate assessment.

No one knew about Miller. The second Kul saw his film, the offer went out.

And stop with the hyperbole. Our future doesn't hinge on any one kid. Without Coburn, we rolling 7 deep at DT, and that is with Chatman playing DE not DT. With Coburn we roll 8 deep at DT in 2018 with two more already committed for 2019.

Like i said before, all of you people bashing Kul are doing it AFTER the fact. Kul had NO PLAYING TIME AT ALL to sell DTs in 2016-2017 and he was hired 4 weeks before the 2016 LOI day.

Now that Kul actually has playing time to sell, we're in play for Miller, Nesta, Coburn, Odenigbo (who was rated HIGHER than Norton in the PFF), with Chatman possibly at DT in a couple years. Also we secured 2 commits already for 2019. See what happens when you DONT have a loaded depth chart?

But carry on with this ridiculous premature bashing of our best position coach.

I will let up on them once Coburn/Nesta and Campbell/PS2 are in the class. Campbell/PS2 shouldn't have been that difficult though. Still gotta keep an eye on rumph to see if he can continue landing top recruits without having coached them in the past.

PEOPLE have killed Rumph and Kool but I’ve aleays said. Wait to you see who signs Wednesday before you pass judgment. criticizing them now is just dumb.

It's premature but not dumb, were people dump to criticize Golden in 2012 and 2013? Point being is this, especially at DT we looked to be struggling, this would be a major turn around, it awesome but acting like there was no cause for concern is dumb.

That's his whole point. Crying prematurely IS dumb. We "looked" to be struggling but in reality, we were doing major work with Silvera, Coburn, Chatman, Briggs, Carson, Odenigbo, etc, and we pounced on Miller the second we saw his film. We lost some but we'll win some, and in the end, we'll have a perfectly fine DT depth chart and rotation of 7-8 kids. The premature outrage and whining from the negative nancies and mopes on here was a pathetic reflection of this s**** fan base. It's a miracle Richt and company can get anyone to come play here, let alone elite prospects.

This is the worst fan base in CFB. Hands down but at the same time some of the best. Diehard, loyal, fun and insane. I love that mixture. I have met Rumph many times and had conversations with him when he's been my way recruiting our kids. He is not the negative many on here think. He is a recruiting asset and a **** good coach. He will have misses like every other program. At least wait until Wednesday before bashing him. There will be some positive surprises in my opinion. We shall see. Chime away crazy ********

Its not the worst, u go to any forum u have realness and guys with blinders on. When we visit a rival forum we laugh at the Mctooth is the greatest but we praise the fan of that rival team that says i dont like this guy hes not the guy to bring us back. But that said poster gets attacked on his own forum saying we got the worst fans, its the same everywhere u got guys that see things for what they are and guys that are zombies that follow the herd no matter if its off a cliff. Sometimes guys are wrong and thats ok but anyone has a right to complain as long as its not trolling I see no problem with it. If there doing it in every single thread and its off topic then thats different.

So much bs.

Nope. NO SCHOOL had a deeper DT rotaiton than we had BACK THEN. You're confusing yourself by thinking about this after the fact.

Go back in time to November of 2016. Back then we had two SO'S starting for us. We had Moten, Jenkins, Willis, Martin, and Bethel backing them up. None of them were seniors. No team in the country had a deeper DT rotation than we did. Kul had nothing to sell them when it came to playing time. And as it turned out, no DT that came in 2017 would have played this past year. Moten, Mcintosh, Norton, Bethel, were all we used, with DEs on passing downs. And this is all WITHOUT Courtel and Willis, who would have taken even more snaps away from any 2017 kid if they stayed on.

It's easy to turn around and judge the coaches after the fact. Anyone can Monday Morning quarterback. But doing this is patently stupid and ridiculous.

You're thinking is this regard is *** backwards baby boy. Plain and simple. Lmao at no school had a deeper rotation than Miami are u ***** serious? No elite coach thinks as you do. Chit not even an average coach thinks like that.

unbelievable lol your wasting your time if someone thinks we had the best dt depth in cfb.

Advertisement

So much bs.

Stop being stupid.

Our depth chart was loaded top to bottom in 2016-2017, we had two starting sophomores and about 8 other kids behind them, NONE of them seniors.

Our depth chart is wide open for 2018 and 2019 and guess what? We are in play for 3-4 DTs this year and already have 2 commits for 2019. See how this works?

So much bs.

unbelievable lol your wasting your time if someone thinks we had the best dt depth in cfb.

This the type of clowns you're dealing with. No sense in debating stupid.

Lmao at us having best dt depth , that's hilarious.

Last edited:

So much bs.

Its scary, kinda when we had the one poster call our secondary elite, and someone responded if this is elite what was what we had in 2001 called?

So much bs.

This the type of clowns you're dealing with. No sense and debating stupid

Stupid? All i did was spout facts.

Our depth chart was LOADED during the2016-2017 recruiting season. We were starting sophomores and had a million guys behind them angling for playing time none of them seniors. We end up with one kid.

Fast Forward to 2017-2018 and 2018-2019. We have a ton of playing time to sell and so have 3-5 DTs in play for 2018 and 2 already committed for 2019.

See how that works? It's simple math man. But because it doesn't fit into your narrative that Kuligowski can't recruit, you just stick your head in the sand and pretend you werent wrong.

Advertisement

So much bs.

Stop being stupid.

Our depth chart was loaded top to bottom in 2016-2017, we had two starting sophomores and about 8 other kids behind them, NONE of them seniors.

Our depth chart is wide open for 2018 and 2019 and guess what? We are in play for 3-4 DTs this year and already have 2 commits for 2019. See how this works?

Loaded with what foo? Names? Are you rally gonna sit there and pretend there wasn't a frosh who couldn't come in and take moten's sorry *** spot? All you did was name a bunch of names.... and regardless of that you still bring in top notch talent every dam year. I can't believe you don't get it. I mean, you really have to be dumb as funk to use the depth chart as an excuse. Meanwhile Clemson returns cfb's best d-line and also added some of the top d-line talent in the nation. Same with Ohio St yearly. bama they win championships. See how that works? I'm talking championship talk. You're talking 9-4 happy go lucky chit. Sit cha *** down and leave earth

i defend coaches more than i ever bash them, but........

our new dope dealer (Drew Ivins) had a chat a few weeks back. The question of Kul and recruiting came up and his answer made a lot of sense. He said Kul was to quick to pull off of a kid IIRC. I read the comment and percieved it as if a kid cool was crootin didn't jump on board within a quick time frame he would pull back on the communication. Dawkins, Briggs, Chatman, and probably a few others are an example.

Couple that with how Dee said crootin game changing DTs is like QBs meaning you have to constantly show them love and be on them one can see why there was a struggle. Perceived or not it is a bit self inflicted it would appear

So much bs.

This the type of clowns you're dealing with. No sense in debating stupid.

Lmao at us having best dt depth , that's hilarious.

thats almost the craziest single thing ive ever read on here, they must of all gone to the first round

Advertisement
So much bs.

Stop being stupid.

Loaded with what foo? Names? Are you rally gonna sit there and pretend there wasn't a frosh who couldn't come in and take moten's sorry *** spot? All you did was name a bunch of names.... and regardless of that you still bring in top notch talent every dam year. I can't believe you don't get it. I mean, you really have to be dumb as funk to use the depth chart as an excuse. Meanwhile Clemson returns cfb's best d-line and also added some of the top d-line talent in the nation. Same with Ohio St yearly. bama they win championships. See how that works? I'm talking championship talk. You're talking 9-4 happy go lucky chit. Sit cha *** down and leave earth

This is all just irrelevant bluster. Your words have no meaning. The only thing factual in your entire rant is that Bama wins championships.

Like i said, we our depth chart was stupidly loaded in 2016-2017. We got one kid.

Now that it's wide open, we're in line for 2 top 11 DTs, Miller, a transfer that graded HIGHER than Norton, and Chatman in a couple years. We also secured two stud commitments for 2019 as well.

See what happens when you can sell playing time? It's simple arithmetic.

i defend coaches more than i ever bash them, but........

our new dope dealer (Drew Ivins) had a chat a few weeks back. The question of Kul and recruiting came up and his answer made a lot of sense. He said Kul was to quick to pull off of a kid IIRC. I read the comment and percieved it as if a kid cool was crootin didn't jump on board within a quick time frame he would pull back on the communication. Dawkins, Briggs, Chatman, and probably a few others are an example.

Couple that with how Dee said crootin game changing DTs is like QBs meaning you have to constantly show them love and be on them one can see why there was a struggle. Perceived or not it is a bit self inflicted it would appear

DT recruiting is what seperates bama from the herd, they put it savages at that position with savages on the bench. That position is the most important if u want a dominant defense

Bama!? we haven't won the ACC or anything significant in 15 years and you're talking about Bama?

these kids were in diapers the last time Miami was relevant.

And he had tyson since diapers....if he fails to sign him its a fail. If it were uf fsu or anyone else and they hired a coach for a recruit and didnt get said recruit its a fail everywhere not just miami

You make it seem as if he didn't get the job based on merit and recruiting these two 5* athletes should be the only measure by which he's evaluated... It's a natural progression for Championship H.S. head coaches to become college position coaches, and any suggestion to the contrary just isn't reality. He was brought here to coach dbs and recruit elite talent regardless of where they went to H.S.

Are you asking the roughly 10 - 15 retarded mfkers on this site that made up and kept spinning this narrative that Rumph and Kool can't recruit?

Rumph has had his issues. Let's see if he can close on Campbell, Surtain, or both.

As for Kul, the criticism of his recruiting ability was warranted. If he was good to go, Patke would not have been brought in to help him.

Advertisement
Back