Issues with coach Mike Rumph

Advertisement
We're good with this dude right up until Urbie schedules an in home.

I'd love to se us run the fumblerooski with this kid.

Advertisement
Someone please enlighten me on this guy.
1. kept his top players from playing at the U.
2. Gets the job as CB coach (probably Richt paying favors from sending his top players to Georgia)
3. Cannot get his players to even visit Miami (Burns)
4. Cannot even get one recruit onboard.
5. loses our best recruit (Byrd)
6. following 141 people on twitter mostly family, friends and former UM players.
7. first Interview in WQAM says he wants to be more involve in coaching since as a head coach he was more involve in the administrative side, talking to parents etc..
this guys comes across as lazy (point # 7), he should be following the top CBs in the country (freshmen - seniors..all of them...following 141 people on twitter!!!) need to build relationships. Did he even try to a build a relationship with Tyler Byrd?
This guys should be on an 8 month probation...need to prove himself as a good coach (highly doubt it) and he should get us the best players from American Heritage next year. He does not get anyone by October/November need to make a move... So far, this guys is leaving more questions than answers.

Advertisement
Someone please enlighten me on this guy.
1. kept his top players from playing at the U.
2. Gets the job as CB coach (probably Richt paying favors from sending his top players to Georgia)
3. Cannot get his players to even visit Miami (Burns)
4. Cannot even get one recruit onboard.
5. loses our best recruit (Byrd)
6. following 141 people on twitter mostly family, friends and former UM players.
7. first Interview in WQAM says he wants to be more involve in coaching since as a head coach he was more involve in the administrative side, talking to parents etc..
this guys comes across as lazy (point # 7), he should be following the top CBs in the country (freshmen - seniors..all of them...following 141 people on twitter!!!) need to build relationships. Did he even try to a build a relationship with Tyler Byrd?
This guys should be on an 8 month probation...need to prove himself as a good coach (highly doubt it) and he should get us the best players from American Heritage next year. He does not get anyone by October/November need to make a move... So far, this guys is leaving more questions than answers.

When you're a green 1st time assistant coach like Rumph you better be a tireless recruiter as that is the only thing you actually bring to the staff.He better trn it up or Richt might need to replace him.

Advertisement
The guy just got here. There is nothing to evaluate him on. I understand the trepidation because he's coming from high school, but let the man coach.

agree with OP

But, American Heritage is STACKED next year with their top players at our biggest positions of need CB and OL....

IF THIS MUUU****A DOESNT CLOSE ALL OF EMMMM........HE GONE AFTER YEAR ONE!!!!!!

Advertisement
Caught some s*** earlier for jumping the gun on Rumph criticism, which I admittedly deserved because it was a kneejerk reaction in a transition year to our inability to draw any interest from Brian Burns, Miller staying at Pitt, and concern about Byrd flipping. But there are no excuses for 2017. Rumph needs to land 3-4 premier CBs next year when their potential competition for playing time will consist of...

Mayes
Redwine
Jackson
Henley
Young

That's it. That's all we'll have at CB once Elder heads to the NFL after next season. The new staff inherited that mess because of Golden's abysmal CB recruiting in the previous two cycles, and they didn't help the situation by failing to hang onto Byrd. But with the first-year recruiting bump combined with the alarming state of our current CB situation, we need to land several stud corners next year or else.

Last edited:
The guy just got here. There is nothing to evaluate him on. I understand the trepidation because he's coming from high school, but let the man coach.

and if he doesnt get Slaton and Wilson next year??

Byrd was flipping regardless how hard our staff recruited him. He wanted to play with fils aime

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back