Issues with coach Mike Rumph

Advertisement
4 weeks on the job and he should be fired?!? smh. I just don't get some people smh. Some of these relaltionships are built over months and years. The man hasn't been a college coach for a full month yet. Give the staff a chance and stop whining.

Losing Byrd and not even getting a visit from Burns is just outright bad for a guy who is coming on board without any college coaching experience (so presumably to be a recruiting guy). I might deal with Byrd/bagman stuff as just incredibly bad luck for him but not getting Burns to visit is insanely sketchy.

It doesn't help. But next year is really the year to judge. He's been around these Broward corners for a while. He needs to bring them in.

Advertisement
We are going to let a decommit over shadow the great commit we got from Romeo Finley...Let that Byrd go!

The guy just got here. There is nothing to evaluate him on. I understand the trepidation because he's coming from high school, but let the man coach.

I agree, Bird can't be blamed on him. The kid wanted to play with his brother, case closed.

Advertisement
In addition to him recruiting corner like no other next year, his *** better be on the 2 Olineman, the DT, the RB, and Marco Wilson at Heritage all in the 2017 class. A few will be tough pulls but every one of them is at a position of need other than the RB.

Let's revisit the issue after we play some games.....but we do need stud DBs, WRs and DL next year. We should sign up to 28

Idk how you see that. We have 10-15 spots open next year depending on who may leave early, Richt could kick a few out, etc. Not many graduations.

Yall do know that just because he coaches CB's doesn't mean that he recruits CB's, right?

Coaches don't necessarily recruit the positions that they coach.

Advertisement
Yall do know that just because he coaches CB's doesn't mean that he recruits CB's, right?

Coaches don't necessarily recruit the positions that they coach.

In this case they are. Staff has said they are recruiting by position for this cycle and will go to territories for next years class.

Advertisement
Should have just hired a top coach, I thought this BS was going to stop. Why would they hire a HS coach in the first place?

Because UM is down right now after 4 years of Golden and Shannon have sunk the program into mediocrity. Until we prove we can win on the field, this stuff will happen.

That makes no sense, if you want to win on the field and with recruiting you need top coaches. We have dealt with this BS for 13 ++ years or so.

Someone please enlighten me on this guy.
1. kept his top players from playing at the U.
2. Gets the job as CB coach (probably Richt paying favors from sending his top players to Georgia)
3. Cannot get his players to even visit Miami (Burns)
4. Cannot even get one recruit onboard.
5. loses our best recruit (Byrd)
6. following 141 people on twitter mostly family, friends and former UM players.
7. first Interview in WQAM says he wants to be more involve in coaching since as a head coach he was more involve in the administrative side, talking to parents etc..
this guys comes across as lazy (point # 7), he should be following the top CBs in the country (freshmen - seniors..all of them...following 141 people on twitter!!!) need to build relationships. Did he even try to a build a relationship with Tyler Byrd?
This guys should be on an 8 month probation...need to prove himself as a good coach (highly doubt it) and he should get us the best players from American Heritage next year. He does not get anyone by October/November need to make a move... So far, this guys is leaving more questions than answers.

Great post. Said it day 1. Anyone with a brain could see this was a high risk low reward hire. Turning out to be prophetic.

Advertisement
Back