Issues with coach Mike Rumph

You have great coaches and great recruiters. If you are lucky, they are both. The coaching job Kool and Rumph have done is excellent. Regardless of what happens, they will both remain as coaches, and if necessary, will be assisted by others who are better recruiters.

Well said.

Advertisement
So:

What if TC (Jawja) and PS2 (LSU) leave the state but Miami CBs ball out?
Or what if he never gets another heritage CB but consistently produces NFL talent?

Is he still a failure?

You can't worry about who you don't sign. Just focus on what you do with the people that do sign. Every year we have these "must get" players that determine the success of the class when it's never really been about one dude.

for some reason you think its just about this year with it. This is the 3rd recruiting cycle. Which would be the 3rd year of missiong on the TOP of the BIg Board. Missing them to teams that rival us for playoffs and national championship. It's a whole lot of "WHAT IF'S?"..Just do your **** job and bring them studs in. We aint passing out participation trophys..lol at the worry about who you dont sign segment..In that case we wouldnt have Gator and Nole tears and everyone would be happy with the Terrence Henley's and Ryan Fines of the world

We've already HIT on our big board. That's what mopes like you continue to ignore. Frierson, Ivey, Blades, and Hall are elite studs, and Bethel is a raw kid with tons of speed at the "bottom" of the haul. That's championship caliber athletes for your backfield.

Then we have Silvera, Miller, Odenigbo, Chatman eventually, and maybe Coburn. That's another championship caliber haul at DT.

But you ignore all of this to continue to spout your ridiculous narrative that we're "missing out" again.

If we dont hit on one of the cbs from AH..we literally will have Missed on the top cbs on our big board 3 years in a row..i dont know what your talking about?. Surtain and Campbell are better than anything we have committed...you can take that how u like it. They were better than the cb targets LAST YEAR. Those 2 are 3 and done players.

Im excited IF we get that DT haul...will wait till Wednesday.

Im not spouting the narrative that AINT TRUE. What the **** you think we had grad transfer cbs for?. Because son has bungled the recruitment at cb those years. He has even mentioned it himself.
I dont know how hard it is for you homers to get...that a guy that literally known a kid since he learned how to tie his shoes..cant secure a commitment. Like thats an epic failure...regardless of who he lands..thats terrible actually.
What's that say about the kid and his family? That some random guy can come in and lay a line of **** on you and you swallow it. Especially a guy with the racist background as Kirby Smart.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

WHATS IT SAY ABOUT RUMPH?.

Yes. Kool is the reason why we have Silvera. He landed an elite guy. Rumph has to land one of two or he’s going to be on the hot seat

Hot seat? Signing 3 4 stars corners as well as having as good as cb play we have had in years since he’s been here. I dont Think we are out of it with Campbell at all tbh
It would be a terrible miss if we don’t get him period and that’s on everyone. Campbell at the army game mentioned the only Miami coach he trusted was rumph, at bama saban/Ansley, and at uga tucker/Kirby/coley. the other coaches have to do their part as well

Last edited:
it wasnt just 2 athletes. American Heritage was a school at the time with 20+ div athletes. He got the job to secure alot of that talent..it was a bonus that he was an alumni. He had good report with richt from when they handed richt sony, mckenzie, and the kicker from there.
Check the progression of the Hs Hc we brought in and they all typically produce from their school. If he aint bringing in guys...then we can free up that coaching spot and give all the dbs to Banda or whomever imo.Cant always get saved by the grad transfers that he aint recruiting.

Looks like we have a shot closing out with the 2 dbs...we dont get NONE...back to the drawing board.

So:

Or what if he never gets another heritage CB but consistently produces NFL talent?

Is he still a failure?

You can't worry about who you don't sign. Just focus on what you do with the people that do sign. Every year we have these "must get" players that determine the success of the class when it's never really been about one dude.

for some reason you think its just about this year with it. This is the 3rd recruiting cycle. Which would be the 3rd year of missiong on the TOP of the BIg Board. Missing them to teams that rival us for playoffs and national championship. It's a whole lot of "WHAT IF'S?"..Just do your **** job and bring them studs in. We aint passing out participation trophys..lol at the worry about who you dont sign segment..In that case we wouldnt have Gator and Nole tears and everyone would be happy with the Terrence Henley's and Ryan Fines of the world

We've already HIT on our big board. That's what mopes like you continue to ignore. Frierson, Ivey, Blades, and Hall are elite studs, and Bethel is a raw kid with tons of speed at the "bottom" of the haul. That's championship caliber athletes for your backfield.

Then we have Silvera, Miller, Odenigbo, Chatman eventually, and maybe Coburn. That's another championship caliber haul at DT.

But you ignore all of this to continue to spout your ridiculous narrative that we're "missing out" again.

If we dont hit on one of the cbs from AH..we literally will have Missed on the top cbs on our big board 3 years in a row..i dont know what your talking about?. Surtain and Campbell are better than anything we have committed...you can take that how u like it. They were better than the cb targets LAST YEAR. Those 2 are 3 and done players.

Im not spouting the narrative that AINT TRUE. What the **** you think we had grad transfer cbs for?. Because son has bungled the recruitment at cb those years. He has even mentioned it himself.
I dont know how hard it is for you homers to get...that a guy that literally known a kid since he learned how to tie his shoes..cant secure a commitment. Like thats an epic failure...regardless of who he lands..thats terrible actually.

FACTS

What's that say about the kid and his family? That some random guy can come in and lay a line of **** on you and you swallow it. Especially a guy with the racist background as Kirby Smart.

Well you let him coach your kid thus far. If Rumph is some bad guy. I guess they could've put Tyson in some other school.

I hope we get Tyson and Surtain but if them dudes think going elsewhere is going to give them an edge. I'm not blaming Rumph. I'll watch what he does with the guys that wanted to be Canes.

Between Diaz busted *** scheme and what he has had to work with. I think he has done fine getting the most out of what he's had. I think what he has so far in this class will make even better players

Hopefully the 2 AH corners come and give even more fire power.

Advertisement
Everybody never should've been on. I've been consistent that not everything is the coached fault and most kids make dumb decisions for dumb reasons. This class doesn't change my thought of them because I've never once seen a recruit day a bad word about any of them so I. Nevrr had a reason to say they couldn't do what but this does **** everybody up who wants to be lazy and point fingers

This is obviously written in a different language. Could someone please translate and summarize?

Well you let him coach your kid thus far. If Rumph is some bad guy. I guess they could've put Tyson in some other school.

I hope we get Tyson and Surtain but if them dudes think going elsewhere is going to give them an edge. I'm not blaming Rumph. I'll watch what he does with the guys that wanted to be Canes.

Between Diaz busted *** scheme and what he has had to work with. I think he has done fine getting the most out of what he's had. I think what he has so far in this class will make even better players

I couldn't possibly over emphasize the impact that signing Campbell and Surtain would have. Having two corners who are that naturally talented and potentially physically dominant literally gives Diaz the ability to do pretty much whatever he wants and dictate to the opponent. Seriously, if we pull that off and get PS and TC in addition to Chatman, Coburn and Miller not only does this become the no.1 recruiting class in the nation but this would be the best recruiting class Miami has ever signed. What is really insane is that the 19 class could be even better.

And he had tyson since diapers....if he fails to sign him its a fail. If it were uf fsu or anyone else and they hired a coach for a recruit and didnt get said recruit its a fail everywhere not just miami

You make it seem as if he didn't get the job based on merit and recruiting these two 5* athletes should be the only measure by which he's evaluated... It's a natural progression for Championship H.S. head coaches to become college position coaches, and any suggestion to the contrary just isn't reality. He was brought here to coach dbs and recruit elite talent regardless of where they went to H.S.

it wasnt just 2 athletes. American Heritage was a school at the time with 20+ div athletes. He got the job to secure alot of that talent..it was a bonus that he was an alumni. He had good report with richt from when they handed richt sony, mckenzie, and the kicker from there.
Check the progression of the Hs Hc we brought in and they all typically produce from their school. If he aint bringing in guys...then we can free up that coaching spot and give all the dbs to Banda or whomever imo.Cant always get saved by the grad transfers that he aint recruiting.

Looks like we have a shot closing out with the 2 dbs...we dont get NONE...back to the drawing board.

So:

Is he still a failure?

Read it again, there's only 1 "what if".

And don't forget Micheal Jackson.

Last edited:

I couldn't possibly over emphasize the impact that signing Campbell and Surtain would have. Having two corners who are that naturally talented and potentially physically dominant literally gives Diaz the ability to do pretty much whatever he wants and dictate to the opponent. Seriously, if we pull that off and get PS and TC in addition to Chatman, Coburn and Miller not only does this become the no.1 recruiting class in the nation but this would be the best recruiting class Miami has ever signed. What is really insane is that the 19 class could be even better.

We already have 2, no THREE cornerbacks that are long AF (at least 6'1) in Blades, Ivey, and Frierson. We don't need either of the AH cornerbacks. But what we **** well do need is an elite SSDE, and that's Chatman. Everyone's crying about the AH CBs and i get the prestige factor of keeping them home, but in reality, a player like Chatman is far far more important right now. Our back up SSDE is Bethel right now.

Advertisement

So:

Is he still a failure?

You talking bout T. Byrd & C.J. Henderson!? Aren't they playing WR for dumpster fires that just got new coaches?

I don't care how talented of recruiter you are, sometimes there're things you just can't overcome. Kids like those weren't cut out for Miami and that's why they made the decision to go elsewhere; has nothing to do with Rumph. Weak-minded flop while the cream of the crop rises to the top.

Last edited:

We already have 2, no THREE cornerbacks that are long AF (at least 6'1) in Blades, Ivey, and Frierson. We don't need either of the AH cornerbacks. But what we **** well do need is an elite SSDE, and that's Chatman. Everyone's crying about the AH CBs and i get the prestige factor of keeping them home, but in reality, a player like Chatman is far far more important right now. Our back up SSDE is Bethel right now.

I understand the importance of the SSDE position but this isn't a zero sum game and I'm not crying. However to flatly state that we don't need either of the AH CB'S because of what we already have is just plain ridiculous.

Look, even though I feel the Heritage kids will suit up for the U, the fact is, if Rumph does miss out on both PS2 and TC, especially TC, I dunno man, I gotta agree w my guy [MENTION=1279]gogeta4[/MENTION]. That would be an epic fail for a variety of reasons. The pass is given for the Wilsons b/c of Chad’s major beef for not offering Quincy. But TC and PS2 are way different, especially TC. Rumph is family to him and coached him to this point; so if he can’t get him to play for the University he coaches at vs. losing him to a bunch of strangers at UGA, bro, don’t know what Head to Head battles I would feel comfortable him fighting in the future. I think he wins out; but if he don’t...................

Tyson called him a second father. His real dad entrusted his son's career to Rumph from his youth all the way through to AH.

You think Georgia is breaking that kind of bond because they're "better" coaches or a "better" program? Cmon, don't be so f**** naive. You know what goes on down there. No one wants to say it because Tyson's done a great job of being the Anti-Jobe and not being a troll, but we know exactly what it takes to break that kind of bond.

Advertisement
If we close with at least 1 of 2 cbs and bethel? And Chatman, Nesta and Miller?
I’d say those deserve a little slack based on the class that will yield at dL and db.

Seriously? Slack for Kool? C’Mon Man.... Guy is a solid recruiter and the best D-Line coach in the business. Please. Rumph? I still struggle with how he used to bad mouth the program. Although many here and on other sites used to praise him for keeping it real during the sinking Titanic that was Al Golden. So... what I really want to see from our CB room is great improvement. Not from the incoming kids but from the guys that have been here. I mean we expected a lot from Dean and Delaney last year and basically got zip. But then you look at how MJ improved? So jury is still out on just how good a coach Rumph really is. AND don’t think we can judge him on his recruiting American Heritage, I think that bridge has been burned and maybe it’s time to re-assign a different coach to that school? Maybe Hartley and Banda?

Kool gets a pass if we land Nesta and Couburn. Rumph needs to land the AH4. All four of them.

Advertisement
Not landing Tyson with all the advantages we have is a complete failure. Try to rationalize it all ya'll want, but that's the truth.

Look, even though I feel the Heritage kids will suit up for the U, the fact is, if Rumph does miss out on both PS2 and TC, especially TC, I dunno man, I gotta agree w my guy [MENTION=1279]gogeta4[/MENTION]. That would be an epic fail for a variety of reasons. The pass is given for the Wilsons b/c of Chad’s major beef for not offering Quincy. But TC and PS2 are way different, especially TC. Rumph is family to him and coached him to this point; so if he can’t get him to play for the University he coaches at vs. losing him to a bunch of strangers at UGA, bro, don’t know what Head to Head battles I would feel comfortable him fighting in the future. I think he wins out; but if he don’t...................

Yea....but in these type situations where both parties are" very close"......I'd blame parenting and bad information more than anything else.....UGA had one magical run with Richts two dynamic rb recruits who decided to come back as seniors to improve their stock...you rarely see that...Kirby is selling success of the past with another mans recruits....I wouldn't let my kid go for that $#it......TC and PS2 would easily solidy a depleted UM secondary.....one would start the other would see significant Pt...I'm sure both parties involved know this....what else can Rumph do?

Last edited:
Not landing Tyson with all the advantages we have is a complete failure. Try to rationalize it all ya'll want, but that's the truth.

Rumph deserves to be fired if he can’t land Campbell, Surtain, Nesta, and Chatfield. He was their high school coach ffs. This is the moment he was hired for.

Rumph deserves to be fired if he can’t land Campbell, Surtain, Nesta, and Chatfield. He was their high school coach ffs. This is the moment he was hired for.

I wouldn't necessarily say he needs to be fired, but it's not a good look for Rumph. Makes me question his ability to close on elite talent. I'll wait till Wednesday, maybe he closes on PS2. Regardless of PS2's decision if Campbell doesn't sign it's still going to sting my nards..

Advertisement
Back