Issues with coach Mike Rumph

If we close with at least 1 of 2 cbs and bethel? And Chatman, Nesta and Miller?
I’d say those deserve a little slack based on the class that will yield at dL and db.

I'm not. Why should, they both need to reevaluate how their doing things recruiting..Rumph more so than Kul. It should turn over every year and improve on their recruiting skills, just like our kids have to improve in the off season.

The u of miami shouldnt have to depend on grad transfer cbs 3 years in a row. Kul im not as hard on. Rumph is at a spot he definately needs to land the talent. Kul has a history of development..rumph doesnt

Advertisement
If we close with at least 1 of 2 cbs and bethel? And Chatman, Nesta and Miller?
I’d say those deserve a little slack based on the class that will yield at dL and db.

I'm not. Why should, they both need to reevaluate how their doing things recruiting..Rumph more so than Kul. It should turn over every year and improve on their recruiting skills, just like our kids have to improve in the off season.

The u of miami shouldnt have to depend on grad transfer cbs 3 years in a row. Kul im not as hard on. Rumph is at a spot he definately needs to land the talent. Kul has a history of development..rumph doesnt

Preach

If bama signed a coach from high school and had the number one and two rated dbs would they get tbose players? He was brought to get those guys. Its a fail

Bama!? we haven't won the ACC or anything significant in 15 years and you're talking about Bama?

these kids were in diapers the last time Miami was relevant.

And he had tyson since diapers....if he fails to sign him its a fail. If it were uf fsu or anyone else and they hired a coach for a recruit and didnt get said recruit its a fail everywhere not just miami

You make it seem as if he didn't get the job based on merit and recruiting these two 5* athletes should be the only measure by which he's evaluated... It's a natural progression for Championship H.S. head coaches to become college position coaches, and any suggestion to the contrary just isn't reality. He was brought here to coach dbs and recruit elite talent regardless of where they went to H.S.

it wasnt just 2 athletes. American Heritage was a school at the time with 20+ div athletes. He got the job to secure alot of that talent..it was a bonus that he was an alumni. He had good report with richt from when they handed richt sony, mckenzie, and the kicker from there.
Check the progression of the Hs Hc we brought in and they all typically produce from their school. If he aint bringing in guys...then we can free up that coaching spot and give all the dbs to Banda or whomever imo.Cant always get saved by the grad transfers that he aint recruiting.

Looks like we have a shot closing out with the 2 dbs...we dont get NONE...back to the drawing board.

Nope. NO SCHOOL had a deeper DT rotaiton than we had BACK THEN. You're confusing yourself by thinking about this after the fact.

Go back in time to November of 2016. Back then we had two SO'S starting for us. We had Moten, Jenkins, Willis, Martin, and Bethel backing them up. None of them were seniors. No team in the country had a deeper DT rotation than we did. Kul had nothing to sell them when it came to playing time. And as it turned out, no DT that came in 2017 would have played this past year. Moten, Mcintosh, Norton, Bethel, were all we used, with DEs on passing downs. And this is all WITHOUT Courtel and Willis, who would have taken even more snaps away from any 2017 kid if they stayed on.

It's easy to turn around and judge the coaches after the fact. Anyone can Monday Morning quarterback. But doing this is patently stupid and ridiculous.

You're thinking is this regard is *** backwards baby boy. Plain and simple. Lmao at no school had a deeper rotation than Miami are u ***** serious? No elite coach thinks as you do. Chit not even an average coach thinks like that.

Stop being stupid.

Our depth chart was loaded top to bottom in 2016-2017, we had two starting sophomores and about 8 other kids behind them, NONE of them seniors.

Our depth chart is wide open for 2018 and 2019 and guess what? We are in play for 3-4 DTs this year and already have 2 commits for 2019. See how this works?

Loaded with what foo? Names? Are you rally gonna sit there and pretend there wasn't a frosh who couldn't come in and take moten's sorry *** spot? All you did was name a bunch of names.... and regardless of that you still bring in top notch talent every dam year. I can't believe you don't get it. I mean, you really have to be dumb as funk to use the depth chart as an excuse. Meanwhile Clemson returns cfb's best d-line and also added some of the top d-line talent in the nation. Same with Ohio St yearly. bama they win championships. See how that works? I'm talking championship talk. You're talking 9-4 happy go lucky chit. Sit cha *** down and leave earth

This is all just irrelevant bluster. Your words have no meaning. The only thing factual in your entire rant is that Bama wins championships.

Like i said, we our depth chart was stupidly loaded in 2016-2017. We got one kid.

Now that it's wide open, we're in line for 2 top 11 DTs, Miller, a transfer that graded HIGHER than Norton, and Chatman in a couple years. We also secured two stud commitments for 2019 as well.

See what happens when you can sell playing time? It's simple arithmetic.

Clemson hasn't won a championship recently? Ohio St? Dam your dumb.

That's part of your problem. This isn't arithmetic. Its about quality. Having 11 bodies don't mean chit buddy. And mind you you're including a guy like Ryan fines who isn't even on the team anymore due to be a top flight scrub.

The best teams bring in top notch guys every year regardless. Miami did that in the early 2000's and stacked talent. What was Andr Johnson sold in 2000 when he came here behind Moss and Wayne? Two real players, pro bowlers AA's etc. not fly by night talent like Anthony molten are you ***** serious? Anthony Moten? Lmao,

Meanwhile Clemson, bama, Ohio St returning NFL talent on d-line and adding top notch propects behind those guys on top of the guys they got the year before etc. ...I mean do I really need to show you? Lmao

Advertisement
You're thinking is this regard is *** backwards baby boy. Plain and simple. Lmao at no school had a deeper rotation than Miami are u ***** serious? No elite coach thinks as you do. Chit not even an average coach thinks like that.

Stop being stupid.

Our depth chart was loaded top to bottom in 2016-2017, we had two starting sophomores and about 8 other kids behind them, NONE of them seniors.

Our depth chart is wide open for 2018 and 2019 and guess what? We are in play for 3-4 DTs this year and already have 2 commits for 2019. See how this works?

Loaded with what foo? Names? Are you rally gonna sit there and pretend there wasn't a frosh who couldn't come in and take moten's sorry *** spot? All you did was name a bunch of names.... and regardless of that you still bring in top notch talent every dam year. I can't believe you don't get it. I mean, you really have to be dumb as funk to use the depth chart as an excuse. Meanwhile Clemson returns cfb's best d-line and also added some of the top d-line talent in the nation. Same with Ohio St yearly. bama they win championships. See how that works? I'm talking championship talk. You're talking 9-4 happy go lucky chit. Sit cha *** down and leave earth

This is all just irrelevant bluster. Your words have no meaning. The only thing factual in your entire rant is that Bama wins championships.

Like i said, we our depth chart was stupidly loaded in 2016-2017. We got one kid.

Now that it's wide open, we're in line for 2 top 11 DTs, Miller, a transfer that graded HIGHER than Norton, and Chatman in a couple years. We also secured two stud commitments for 2019 as well.

That's part of your problem. This isn't arithmetic. Its about quality. Having 11 bodies don't mean chit buddy. And mind you you're including a guy like Ryan fines who isn't even on the team anymore due to be a top flight scrub.

The best teams bring in top notch guys every year regardless. Miami did that in the early 2000's and stacked talent. What was Andr Johnson sold in 2000 when he came here behind Moss and Wayne? Two real players, pro bowlers AA's etc. not fly by night talent like Anthony molten are you ***** serious? Anthony Moten? Lmao,

Meanwhile Clemson, bama, Ohio St returning NFL talent on d-line and adding top notch propects behind those guys on top of the guys they got the year before etc. ...I mean do I really need to show you? Lmao

More bluster. I'm pointing out hard facts (depth chart) and you're just making completely irrelevant statements and references to random s*** like Dre Johnson to deflect from the fact that you're being dumb.

Stop being a clown. When we have playing time to sell, we get our share of studs. We have 5-7 DTs coming in the next two classes cause we have room for em. Back in November of 2016, we had 2 future NFL SOPHOMORES starting for us and 8 DTs behind them so we only got one stud in Ford.

Simple math.

If bama signed a coach from high school and had the number one and two rated dbs would they get tbose players? He was brought to get those guys. Its a fail

Bama!? we haven't won the ACC or anything significant in 15 years and you're talking about Bama?

And he had tyson since diapers....if he fails to sign him its a fail. If it were uf fsu or anyone else and they hired a coach for a recruit and didnt get said recruit its a fail everywhere not just miami

You make it seem as if he didn't get the job based on merit and recruiting these two 5* athletes should be the only measure by which he's evaluated... It's a natural progression for Championship H.S. head coaches to become college position coaches, and any suggestion to the contrary just isn't reality. He was brought here to coach dbs and recruit elite talent regardless of where they went to H.S.

it wasnt just 2 athletes. American Heritage was a school at the time with 20+ div athletes. He got the job to secure alot of that talent..it was a bonus that he was an alumni. He had good report with richt from when they handed richt sony, mckenzie, and the kicker from there.
Check the progression of the Hs Hc we brought in and they all typically produce from their school. If he aint bringing in guys...then we can free up that coaching spot and give all the dbs to Banda or whomever imo.Cant always get saved by the grad transfers that he aint recruiting.

Looks like we have a shot closing out with the 2 dbs...we dont get NONE...back to the drawing board.

Gogeta4,you think if Rumph fails with the 2 AH cbs,that Richt has the balls to fire Rumph,I don't.

So:

What if TC (Jawja) and PS2 (LSU) leave the state but Miami CBs ball out?
Or what if he never gets another heritage CB but consistently produces NFL talent?

Is he still a failure?

You can't worry about who you don't sign. Just focus on what you do with the people that do sign. Every year we have these "must get" players that determine the success of the class when it's never really been about one dude.

Last edited:

Gogeta4,you think if Rumph fails with the 2 AH cbs,that Richt has the balls to fire Rumph,I don't.

i dont think so...thats not his thing. He almost has alwyas been forced to do that. (FIRE PEOPLE), and Rumph is only a position coach. Me personally i dont think we need two guys to coach dbs. I wouldve worked a veteran guy and use GA's, etc.

Advertisement

So:

Or what if he never gets another heritage CB but consistently produces NFL talent?

Is he still a failure?

You can't worry about who you don't sign. Just focus on what you do with the people that do sign. Every year we have these "must get" players that determine the success of the class when it's never really been about one dude.

for some reason you think its just about this year with it. This is the 3rd recruiting cycle. Which would be the 3rd year of missiong on the TOP of the BIg Board. Missing them to teams that rival us for playoffs and national championship. It's a whole lot of "WHAT IF'S?"..Just do your **** job and bring them studs in. We aint passing out participation trophys..lol at the worry about who you dont sign segment..In that case we wouldnt have Gator and Nole tears and everyone would be happy with the Terrence Henley's and Ryan Fines of the world

Stop being stupid.

More bluster. I'm pointing out hard facts (depth chart) and you're just making completely irrelevant statements and references to random s*** like Dre Johnson to deflect from the fact that you're being dumb.

Stop being a clown. When we have playing time to sell, we get our share of studs. We have 5-7 DTs coming in the next two classes cause we have room for em. Back in November of 2016, we had 2 future NFL SOPHOMORES starting for us and 8 DTs behind them so we only got one stud in Ford.

Simple math.

None of your depth chart talk means anything. Otherwise kids would just go to the school with the weakest depth chart yearly. Ohio St has , Landers, Jones, Jackson, harmon .... in 2017 they added Haskell garret (top 100 player) and jeerne cage (top 200). Loaded according to your logic. This near they add taron Vincent, some somaon dude who is top 100 and another DT . If they were some es like you they'd be content with what they had. Nope, keep adding talent.

Every winning team does that at every position yearly. That simple. Miami got away with it that one year cause they had some guys but then there was failure yet again and who know what will happen on Wednesday. You're logic and reasoning is that of a failure

So:

Is he still a failure?

for some reason you think its just about this year with it. This is the 3rd recruiting cycle. Which would be the 3rd year of missiong on the TOP of the BIg Board. Missing them to teams that rival us for playoffs and national championship. It's a whole lot of "WHAT IF'S?"..Just do your **** job and bring them studs in. We aint passing out participation trophys..lol at the worry about who you dont sign segment..In that case we wouldnt have Gator and Nole tears and everyone would be happy with the Terrence Henley's and Ryan Fines of the world

We've already HIT on our big board. That's what mopes like you continue to ignore. Frierson, Ivey, Blades, and Hall are elite studs, and Bethel is a raw kid with tons of speed at the "bottom" of the haul. That's championship caliber athletes for your backfield.

Then we have Silvera, Miller, Odenigbo, Chatman eventually, and maybe Coburn. That's another championship caliber haul at DT.

But you ignore all of this to continue to spout your ridiculous narrative that we're "missing out" again.

Keep the hate up. If he closes well, it’s obviously because of the heat put on him from this board.

Advertisement
If we get Coburn, PS2, and TC I literally never want to hear someone B**** about Kul/Rumphs recruiting again. And we already know we have nothing to complain about with their actual coaching.

They shouldn't be on the hook to begin with. People ain't happy unless they are ing about a coach.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

The play of our defensive backs has improved considerably, but I temper that with it was atrocious before because of scheme and coaching. But there is no question our DB play has gotten better. I give partial credit to Rumph for that.

If Rumph misses on three of the 4 Heritage kids, assuming we get Nesta, I think he is open to criticism for his recruiting of his former school. He gets two I think that's reasonable. Three and we he will be hailed as a maestro. 4/4 and, for this cycle, he will have far exceeded what is reasonably expected of a person in his position. Morever, the DBs we do have this class other programs would kill to have. So, we can't entirely dismiss what's been accomplished with DB recruiting even to this point.

But the reality is that as fans we will NEVER be satisfied. We will be having this same discussion for the next year or two assuming AH has kids we want. And that's regardless of what he does this year.

Advertisement
You have great coaches and great recruiters. If you are lucky, they are both. The coaching job Kool and Rumph have done is excellent. Regardless of what happens, they will both remain as coaches, and if necessary, will be assisted by others who are better recruiters.

So:

Is he still a failure?

We've already HIT on our big board. That's what mopes like you continue to ignore. Frierson, Ivey, Blades, and Hall are elite studs, and Bethel is a raw kid with tons of speed at the "bottom" of the haul. That's championship caliber athletes for your backfield.

Then we have Silvera, Miller, Odenigbo, Chatman eventually, and maybe Coburn. That's another championship caliber haul at DT.

But you ignore all of this to continue to spout your ridiculous narrative that we're "missing out" again.

If we dont hit on one of the cbs from AH..we literally will have Missed on the top cbs on our big board 3 years in a row..i dont know what your talking about?. Surtain and Campbell are better than anything we have committed...you can take that how u like it. They were better than the cb targets LAST YEAR. Those 2 are 3 and done players.

Im excited IF we get that DT haul...will wait till Wednesday.

Im not spouting the narrative that AINT TRUE. What the **** you think we had grad transfer cbs for?. Because son has bungled the recruitment at cb those years. He has even mentioned it himself.
I dont know how hard it is for you homers to get...that a guy that literally known a kid since he learned how to tie his shoes..cant secure a commitment. Like thats an epic failure...regardless of who he lands..thats terrible actually.

So:

Is he still a failure?

If we dont hit on one of the cbs from AH..we literally will have Missed on the top cbs on our big board 3 years in a row..i dont know what your talking about?. Surtain and Campbell are better than anything we have committed...you can take that how u like it. They were better than the cb targets LAST YEAR. Those 2 are 3 and done players.

Im excited IF we get that DT haul...will wait till Wednesday.

Im not spouting the narrative that AINT TRUE. What the **** you think we had grad transfer cbs for?. Because son has bungled the recruitment at cb those years. He has even mentioned it himself.
I dont know how hard it is for you homers to get...that a guy that literally known a kid since he learned how to tie his shoes..cant secure a commitment. Like thats an epic failure...regardless of who he lands..thats terrible actually.
What's that say about the kid and his family? That some random guy can come in and lay a line of **** on you and you swallow it. Especially a guy with the racist background as Kirby Smart.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Yes. Kool is the reason why we have Silvera. He landed an elite guy. Rumph has to land one of two or he’s going to be on the hot seat

Advertisement
Back