I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I understand the frustration with AG from our vantage point, doesn't the father of a prime recruit have a more informed perspective? I mean, how many of us have met AG and actually talked to him? I haven't and venture to guess that 99% of those posting have never gotten close to him. Seems to me that the OP is in a far better position to evaluate the program, the coaches and all the intangibles then any of us are.
****, he has been inside and seen it while all of us could only dream about that access.

Look at it like a business. You have one of your best customers telling you he doesn't like what he sees in your shop. You tell him to **** off without looking in the mirror and reflecting on what that means.

So you don't like the coach, we get it already...try and be respectful about it for a change is the only point I would add.

That's a pretty simple, logical, reasonable perspective...yet around here, good luck with that.

You're right. It was simple.

It's mind-blowing how some think that these parents have the type of access to 'evaluate the program better' like they are on campus daily and sit in on team and coach meetings on the reg. They are being recruited. It's no different than restaurant commercials with a nice juicy steak and then when they serve it is as tender as a shoe sole. Or parading the hottest co-eds to give campus tours instead of the feminist hipster chick that doesn't shave.

Who cares how the inner machinations of a clock works if the time is wrong?

/metaphor overload!

I'd argue that the parents have less ability to give a fair evaluation. They're being wooed and courted like prom queens. All they see is the glitz and sell. We see the same **** they see without the bias of having Folden sweet talking us and the assistants making a bunch of empty promises not supported by any facts. We see facts; they hear a sales pitch.

No one ever said Folden couldn't make a good pitch to someone he wants to pitch. His sales pitch has been neutered by his constant failure, but he can still put on a good fat face for the people he's trying to trick into coming here.

I suppose that moms and dads get seduced by coaches and sales pitches all the time. I said it’s a business and I think it’s a pretty seamy one with lots of lies and promises. We see all too often coaches make promises and then bolt to the next job. (I bet some would wish it would happen here)

In this case it seems a little different from this perspective. You have what seems like a blue chip recruit who has exposure to Miami and many other programs to compare against so he has more context than we do. Furthermore, he has been to many more HS football games than I have, presumably talks football with parents and coaches and is, in general, closer to the game than most of us. I have no idea what that defensive scheme is supposed to solve vs GT on the two yard line but I know AG thinks he knows; he doesn’t explain it to us but maybe he does to these parents. I do know that AG has not explained it very well to the fan base, most of who wouldn’t listen at this point anyway.

I figure many of these kids know each other from HS, from playing against each other, from camps etc.. They must be talking and sharing more information than we get from a free online site. We all know the results are crap and maybe that’s all that matters at the end of the day, it is a business after all, but there is another side of the story.

Finally, “Franchise”, maybe my post was “simple” but laying out **** jokes and *** gurgling references isn’t much of a resume to hang your hat on.

Advertisement
The negativity is the fault of an administration that would rather torture its fan base than admit they were wrong.

That's a pretty simple, logical, reasonable perspective...yet around here, good luck with that.

It's mind-blowing how some think that these parents have the type of access to 'evaluate the program better' like they are on campus daily and sit in on team and coach meetings on the reg. They are being recruited. It's no different than restaurant commercials with a nice juicy steak and then when they serve it is as tender as a shoe sole. Or parading the hottest co-eds to give campus tours instead of the feminist hipster chick that doesn't shave.

/metaphor overload!

I'd argue that the parents have less ability to give a fair evaluation. They're being wooed and courted like prom queens. All they see is the glitz and sell. We see the same **** they see without the bias of having Folden sweet talking us and the assistants making a bunch of empty promises not supported by any facts. We see facts; they hear a sales pitch.

No one ever said Folden couldn't make a good pitch to someone he wants to pitch. His sales pitch has been neutered by his constant failure, but he can still put on a good fat face for the people he's trying to trick into coming here.

I suppose that moms and dads get seduced by coaches and sales pitches all the time. I said it’s a business and I think it’s a pretty seamy one with lots of lies and promises. We see all too often coaches make promises and then bolt to the next job. (I bet some would wish it would happen here)

In this case it seems a little different from this perspective. You have what seems like a blue chip recruit who has exposure to Miami and many other programs to compare against so he has more context than we do. Furthermore, he has been to many more HS football games than I have, presumably talks football with parents and coaches and is, in general, closer to the game than most of us. I have no idea what that defensive scheme is supposed to solve vs GT on the two yard line but I know AG thinks he knows; he doesn’t explain it to us but maybe he does to these parents. I do know that AG has not explained it very well to the fan base, most of who wouldn’t listen at this point anyway.

I figure many of these kids know each other from HS, from playing against each other, from camps etc.. They must be talking and sharing more information than we get from a free online site. We all know the results are crap and maybe that’s all that matters at the end of the day, it is a business after all, but there is another side of the story.

Finally, “Franchise”, maybe my post was “simple” but laying out **** jokes and *** gurgling references isn’t much of a resume to hang your hat on.

Al'sJimmy, let me educate you quickly because I don't have much time to waste on low-level thinkers. First, Quarterman and his dad are big UM fans. He goes into the recruiting process with that bias in his heart and mind. There are certain guys every year who are going to UM regardless of who the coach is--Duke Johnson, Jaquan Johnson, and now, maybe, Quarterman.

Second, just because a guy is being recruited doesn't mean he knows anything more than a fan knows. The point you're attempting to make has no basis in reality. It's merely you ascribing super powers to a recruit or his parent because you have sycophantic tendencies. You have this need to suck up to celebrity types, so you want to give them some sort of super powers to make you're genuflecting to another man or a kid more palatable to yourself.

Here's all you need to know: 6-7 in year 4 with 7 NFL draft picks (and multiple other NFL draft picks who weren't eligible for the draft in 2014). If you're too dumb to evaluate the product with your eyes and need to hang your hopes on a 17 year old kid having some super powers that allow him to see Folden's genius that no one else sees, then just focus on that sentence.

Here it is again: 6-7 in year 4 with 7 NFL draft picks (and multiple other NFL draft picks who weren't eligible for the draft in 2014).

Advertisement
I'm out... this site has become a joke. People look for any reason to bash and attack anything or anyone that is positive towards the program...

ShockedFrightenedIslandcanary.gif

/metaphor overload!

Al'sJimmy, let me educate you quickly because I don't have much time to waste on low-level thinkers. First, Quarterman and his dad are big UM fans. He goes into the recruiting process with that bias in his heart and mind. There are certain guys every year who are going to UM regardless of who the coach is--Duke Johnson, Jaquan Johnson, and now, maybe, Quarterman.

Second, just because a guy is being recruited doesn't mean he knows anything more than a fan knows. The point you're attempting to make has no basis in reality. It's merely you ascribing super powers to a recruit or his parent because you have sycophantic tendencies. You have this need to suck up to celebrity types, so you want to give them some sort of super powers to make you're genuflecting to another man or a kid more palatable to yourself.

Here's all you need to know: 6-7 in year 4 with 7 NFL draft picks (and multiple other NFL draft picks who weren't eligible for the draft in 2014). If you're too dumb to evaluate the product with your eyes and need to hang your hopes on a 17 year old kid having some super powers that allow him to see Folden's genius that no one else sees, then just focus on that sentence.

Here it is again: 6-7 in year 4 with 7 NFL draft picks (and multiple other NFL draft picks who weren't eligible for the draft in 2014).

All rational points, save for the analysis of how I got to my vantage point.

I think its reasonable for a high ranked recruit who is presumably being targeted by winning programs far from Miami to have more knowledge and information than the average fan on a free internet website. He is not your average recruit. Maybe someone who posts 13,507 in three years, or on average, 375 times a month thinks they know more but I think it’s a safe bet that a guy like Shaq’s dad has more information than we do at our disposal.

Maybe he simply likes “throwing up a U” but I suspect there is more thought involved in the process.

I do think there is another side of the story. I do think, and have posted many times, that AG appears tone deaf to the fan base. For whatever reason it seems like AG is loathe to communicate what it is he is trying to do and it comes across, to me and you, as stubborn.

To your last point; that’s where the rubber meets the road. I don’t get it why AG is still here with those results. I think it’s a confluence of events including the myth of the cloud engendered sympathy for him, new President coming in stalled the process and the university is loathe to bite the financial bullet. Regardless the results are what they are and they are indefensible.

Now, as it should have been already, its win or go home. Frankly, I prefer to see the team win even if Donald Duck was coaching.

Now, as it should have been already, its win or go home. Frankly, I prefer to see the team win even if Donald Duck was coaching.

There's too much evidence to suggest Golden is going to turn it around.

And the scary thing for a lot of fans is that he might fluke his way into a 9 or 10-win season. It's like when Wayne Fontes kept saving his job in Detroit. Even the national media joked about it and called him Rasputin.

There isn't another "side to the story." There's not some super secret alternate universe only recruits are privy to where Al Golden is an effective coach. Here's the only story that matters: 6-7 in year 4, 3-8 against top 25 trams, and 16-16 in the ACC. Golden absolutely sucks. It isn't disputable. He isn't turning it around and he has no clue what he is doing.

Advertisement
There isn't another "side to the story." There's not some super secret alternate universe only recruits are privy to where Al Golden is an effective coach. Here's the only story that matters: 6-7 in year 4, 3-8 against top 25 trams, and 16-16 in the ACC. Golden absolutely sucks. It isn't disputable. He isn't turning it around and he has no clue what he is doing.

BINGO!

/metaphor overload!

All rational points, save for the analysis of how I got to my vantage point.

I think its reasonable for a high ranked recruit who is presumably being targeted by winning programs far from Miami to have more knowledge and information than the average fan on a free internet website. He is not your average recruit. Maybe someone who posts 13,507 in three years, or on average, 375 times a month thinks they know more but I think it’s a safe bet that a guy like Shaq’s dad has more information than we do at our disposal.

Maybe he simply likes “throwing up a U” but I suspect there is more thought involved in the process.

I do think there is another side of the story. I do think, and have posted many times, that AG appears tone deaf to the fan base. For whatever reason it seems like AG is loathe to communicate what it is he is trying to do and it comes across, to me and you, as stubborn.

To your last point; that’s where the rubber meets the road. I don’t get it why AG is still here with those results. I think it’s a confluence of events including the myth of the cloud engendered sympathy for him, new President coming in stalled the process and the university is loathe to bite the financial bullet. Regardless the results are what they are and they are indefensible.

You are really confused. AG doesn't lose support because of "communication." He's not some **** therapist. He's a football coach and his job is to produce wins. He sucks at doing that. There isn't any "behind the scenes" or "communication" analysis involved. There's verifiable, empircal information that says Al Golden sucks badly as the Hurricanes coach and is one of the worst to ever coach Miami. Al Golden could be the best commu icator ever and nobody gives a **** when you can't beat FSU and when you lose **** bowl games to South Carolina.

Advertisement
Its a sad day when the trolls and the immature idiots on this site run off the father of one of our biggest and most important recruits. If you trolls are that unhappy, GTOH. You will not missed.

Its a sad day when the trolls and the immature idiots on this site run off the father of one of our biggest and most important recruits. If you trolls are that unhappy, GTOH. You will not missed.
This times 1000

I've never went more than a couple of days without checking out the site since I joined. Over the course of a year the site has been steadily getting worse. Opinions on how to make this program better is one thing but the rhetoric and bashing you have to endure on just about every post is another. I will not post here again unless there is a dramatic tone change on this FAN site. I know there are a number of fans on this site that feel the same way as I do... but its the few that makes the most noise and set the tone of the site. Pardon the drama of an announcement... but my purpose is to let those that share my same convictions, know that I will still check and respond to the direct messages.

Pops if we START OUT 3-0 you'll see a big change...we were much more positive 2 -3 years ago...You should've seen this board when Golden was hired.Felt like we have been sprayed with the ghost buster slime how positive this board was.... Realize this is therapy for us... we love these canes but can only be positive for so long.....I understand your plight..but trust me youll be back after our first win....If we beat Nebraska oh boy...youll be back and it will be great here( for 1 week)... but until then do what you gotta do

Vern Let's keep it real. The white posters wanted the black **** out. Period. These white guys can fact all they want. Let's call a spade a spade. The white posters were pumping up Golden because he a white boy like them and he speaks w better diction that Randy. That's why I love the fact that these same "closet racists " ruined this site because there white leader can't coach.

No, this post isn't about race. Just funny how they turned on the one guy who can speak clearly. Lmao

Look at Randy joining the party......BTW, what the **** did you just say?

Momma Golden I wasn't talking to you... and I said n.i.g.g.a..... Just funny how the white racist posters hate Al now!!!

Advertisement
Big deal. This program is bigger than Shaq and definitely his dad. Just like it is bigger than Golden.

I've never went more than a couple of days without checking out the site since I joined. Over the course of a year the site has been steadily getting worse. Opinions on how to make this program better is one thing but the rhetoric and bashing you have to endure on just about every post is another. I will not post here again unless there is a dramatic tone change on this FAN site. I know there are a number of fans on this site that feel the same way as I do... but its the few that makes the most noise and set the tone of the site. Pardon the drama of an announcement... but my purpose is to let those that share my same convictions, know that I will still check and respond to the direct messages.

Pops if we START OUT 3-0 you'll see a big change...we were much more positive 2 -3 years ago...You should've seen this board when Golden was hired.Felt like we have been sprayed with the ghost buster slime how positive this board was.... Realize this is therapy for us... we love these canes but can only be positive for so long.....I understand your plight..but trust me youll be back after our first win....If we beat Nebraska oh boy...youll be back and it will be great here( for 1 week)... but until then do what you gotta do

Vern Let's keep it real. The white posters wanted the black **** out. Period. These white guys can fake all they want. Let's call a spade a spade. The white posters were pumping up Golden because he is a white boy like them and he speaks w better diction that Randy. That's why I love the fact that these same "closet racists" have ruined this site because their white leader can't coach. Even though temple posters said the very same and a black columnist. Mr. Whitlock said he was terrible and didn't deserve this job.

OP,
You know what you were getting into.. Grandstanding aside..Fall back and enjoy life. You don't even know us.

Huh? There is more hate toward Golden right now then there ever was against Shannon. People wanted Shannon out because he sucked, people want Golden out because he sucks even more. What does it have to do with race?

Diego, play dumb if you want to.. I'm not going down that dumb lane with you. You know what the **** I'm talking about. You know what the white posters were saying when Golden first got hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back